Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,182 members, 7,943,258 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 10:14 AM

Pls How Many People Believed This Story - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pls How Many People Believed This Story (1031 Views)

See What Youths Did To The Corpse Of Man Who Killed Many People While Alive(pics / "I Rob Because Many People In Government Steal & I'll Do It Again" - Suspect / Fulani Herdsmen Attack 2 Villages In Kaduna, Kill Many People, Burn Down Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls How Many People Believed This Story by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 01, 2016
anytime I think about how my uncle lied to me about this story I will Just be laughing like an idiot

he said during 1969 Nigeria played against India and India was leading us with 99-0, he said anytime the Indian hit the ball it turns to rock so our goalkeeper gat no choice than to run away from the post he said sometimes the ball change to lion so the referee saw this and said if Nigeria scored just one goal we will qualify so immediately the referee said that so Nigeria got an opportunity to score which was a penalty then okparaji was told to play the penalty, immediately he was about to play the penalty the ball turn into fire and he score the ball and okparaji died on the spot.....that is why India was not allowed to play football again

Abeg I dey look for the person that fabricated that lie that runs from generation to generation, that person deserves a medal.

1 Like

Re: Pls How Many People Believed This Story by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 01, 2016
comradespade:
anytime I think about how my uncle lied to me about this story I will Just be laughing like an idiot

he said during 1969 Nigeria played against India and India was leading us with 99-0, he said anytime the Indian hit the ball it turns to rock so our goalkeeper gat no choice than to run away from the post he said sometimes the ball change to lion so the referee saw this and said if Nigeria scored just one goal we will qualify so immediately the referee said that so Nigeria got an opportunity to score which was a penalty then okparaji was told to play the penalty, immediately he was about to play the penalty the ball turn into fire and he score the ball and okparaji died on the spot.....that is why India was not allowed to play football again

Abeg I dey look for the person that fabricated that lie that runs from generation to generation, that person deserves a medal.
Re: Pls How Many People Believed This Story by tunaguy(m): 5:14pm On May 01, 2016
Make i park here
Re: Pls How Many People Believed This Story by ovieigho(m): 8:21pm On May 01, 2016
comradespade:

your uncle told you 1969 right! and u didn't bother to google the year Samuel okwaraji actually died. any way the fable has been on even before sanuel okwaraji died in 1989. but during our own time thunder balogun ( teslim balogun) was said to have scored the only goal for Nigeria in that 100-1

1 Like

Re: Pls How Many People Believed This Story by Flexherbal(m): 8:56pm On May 01, 2016
Story story.
Re: Pls How Many People Believed This Story by NoRetreat(m): 3:42am On May 02, 2016
That was what we were made to belief as kids.
Re: Pls How Many People Believed This Story by paparazzi1987(m): 9:12am On May 02, 2016
It was thunder balogun that score the goal..
Lemme ask my india friend to help me confirm the story
Re: Pls How Many People Believed This Story by AgbenuAnna(f): 7:07pm On May 02, 2016
lol I believed
Re: Pls How Many People Believed This Story by fulfillbill(m): 7:58pm On May 02, 2016
Anybody that haven't heard this myth, is a learner when it comes to Nigeria's football history.

(1) (Reply)

Man Poisons Friends Who Won N2million From Sports Betting And Goes To Cash It / Girl Says She Was Brutally Beaten By Her Boyfriend After She Refused To Have Sex / Diamond Bank, Staff In $1m Money Laundering Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.