Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,248 members, 7,891,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 09:38 AM

Sin City - Bruce Willis, Whatz That Film All About? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Sin City - Bruce Willis, Whatz That Film All About? (693 Views)

Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas / Murray-Bruce, Lai Mohammed At Genevieve Nnaji's Movie Premiere In Abuja / Jean Claude Van Damme, Chuck Norris Join Bruce Willis And Arnold Schwarzenegger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sin City - Bruce Willis, Whatz That Film All About? by Johnnny(m): 4:29pm On Aug 10, 2009
I have seen Sin City by Bruce Willis (of Die hard series) almost 4 times and could not actually make a head or tail of the whole movie, there is so much twists and diversions that I naturally gets confused along the way.

Can anyone who have seen the movie and understood it give me some hints?

Thanks.
Re: Sin City - Bruce Willis, Whatz That Film All About? by maedan(f): 5:26pm On Aug 10, 2009
OMG, I loved Bruce Willis in that film!!! I had to watch it twice to really understand it. It's been a while so I can't remember everything, but it's a twisted tale and it's not really meant to make perfect sense. I'll leave someone else to break it down(if they can) but I think it was one of the best movies I've seen, all my favourite actors were in it. It's a comic book movie too, so that made it extra cool!
Re: Sin City - Bruce Willis, Whatz That Film All About? by vescucci(m): 7:56pm On Aug 10, 2009
I was gonna come here gun blazing and plain ballistic till I read the first post. Though I do not really see how hard it is to 'get' the movie but it might help if you realize that there are at least 5 stories being told in Sin City. Some of them stain each other and none is wholly independent but try to see the stories from the POV of the narrator. Willis, Rourke, Owen and Hartnett all narrated at some point or the other in the movie. Hope this helps cuz I rate Sin CIty waaay up there.
Re: Sin City - Bruce Willis, Whatz That Film All About? by vislabraye(m): 8:11pm On Aug 10, 2009
I've seen Sin city for just a few minutes. It's a movie that can get you sleeping if u're not the listening type. Just like another of his movie "unbreakable" with Samuel L Jackson. A wonderful movie, but i dozed off the first time i watched it.
Re: Sin City - Bruce Willis, Whatz That Film All About? by bgees(m): 10:50pm On Aug 10, 2009
It is truly an unusual kind of movie and it will be hard to understand if u are the type that doesn't listen attentively .
It plays like a comic book and you just have to listen.
I actually saw it once and I understood it.

Nice movie! A classic.
Re: Sin City - Bruce Willis, Whatz That Film All About? by obinna5000(m): 11:06pm On Aug 10, 2009
Sin City (2005 movie) is the movie adaptation of a series of graphic novels by the same name.
The movie is made up of 3 stories:
(1) That Yellow Bastard (Bruce Willis' segment)
(2) The Hard Goodbye (Mickey Rourke's segment)
(3) The Big Fat Kill (Clive Owen's segment)
Re: Sin City - Bruce Willis, Whatz That Film All About? by kkkossy(m): 12:21pm On Aug 11, 2009
I undastood d movie d 1st tym i saw it.SIN CITY is a movie comprising 3 events which happened simulteanously in d same city.wat dis movie protrays is dat,sinful acts r commited by people living in dat city ranging 4rm suicide to rape,murder,anger,hatred,revenge,betrayal,retribution.each segment of d movie is characterised by bruce willies,, etc who tend 2b so desperate in seeking revenge n justice by exercising dis sinful acts.

(1) (Reply)

I Am A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here! - 2009 / Nollywood Obsenity Film U Hav Watch / For Colored Girls Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.