Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,948 members, 7,890,118 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:34 AM

I Have Not Used My Car For 8 Weeks - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Have Not Used My Car For 8 Weeks (732 Views)

Would You Buy A Modern BMW-type "Front-Opening Door" Bubble Car For N4.9M? / Would You Buy This 2018 Toyota Century Car For N55 Million? / I've Not Used It Before, Should I Use It Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Not Used My Car For 8 Weeks by drpossibilities(m): 6:50pm On May 01, 2016
Hello friends! This platform is such a wonderful platform for getting very useful information and I appreciate every member of this forum.

I had to leave Lagos about 8 Weeks ago (about 2 Months now) as a result of relocation to the Niger Delta region where I got a new employment. Since I wasn't familiar with the particular city I relocated to (Warri to be precise), I decided to leave my car behind in Lagos.

I just came in to Lagos today and for those 8 Weeks, the car was not used and my brother-in-law with whom I left the car forgot to remove the battery. However, when I started the car, it started immediately without any sign that it had not been used for 8 whole Weeks. All my brother-in-law's cars are automatic as he doesn't know how to drive manual cars and mine is manual so he never used it during the period. The sound is still very much okay. I intend driving down back to Warri with it during the week but I need to confirm if there are any checks I need to do to be on a safe side.

I'll appreciate your always helpful comments.

Many thanks.

Best regards.
Re: I Have Not Used My Car For 8 Weeks by chuks1137(m): 7:18pm On May 01, 2016
Not really, drive a few blocks observe for noice hesitation misfire and brakes if none u are good to go then.
Re: I Have Not Used My Car For 8 Weeks by bodejohn(m): 7:40pm On May 01, 2016
Check your tires...they don't like been kept on a spot for a very long time...

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Used My Car For 8 Weeks by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:20pm On May 01, 2016
drpossibilities:
Hello friends! This platform is such a wonderful platform for getting very useful information and I appreciate every member of this forum.

I had to leave Lagos about 8 Weeks ago (about 2 Months now) as a result of relocation to the Niger Delta region where I got a new employment. Since I wasn't familiar with the particular city I relocated to (Warri to be precise), I decided to leave my car behind in Lagos.

I just came in to Lagos today and for those 8 Weeks, the car was not used and my brother-in-law with whom I left the car forgot to remove the battery. However, when I started the car, it started immediately without any sign that it had not been used for 8 whole Weeks. All my brother-in-law's cars are automatic as he doesn't know how to drive manual cars and mine is manual so he never used it during the period. The sound is still very much okay. I intend driving down back to Warri with it during the week but I need to confirm if there are any checks I need to do to be on a safe side.

I'll appreciate your always helpful comments.

Many thanks.

Best regards.

what type of kekenapep vehicle is it?

(1) (Reply)

Can I Get A Direct Belgium Mercedes Benz Tippa (any Model) For 3million? / Honda Auto Mechanic Engineer / I Need Help..honda Accord 2000 Drinks Fuel Like Fish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.