Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,670 members, 7,951,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 02:00 AM

South-west Will Resist The North - Ogunlewe,babatope - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-west Will Resist The North - Ogunlewe,babatope (852 Views)

PDP Chairmanship: Wike Owes No Apology To South-west - Ogunlewe / PDP Chairman: Those Plotting To Destroy South-West Will Not Succeed – Babatope / 2019: How South-west Will Shape Nigerian Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South-west Will Resist The North - Ogunlewe,babatope by stephanie11: 3:16am On May 02, 2016
PDP’s zoning of the national chairmanship position to the North-east is seriously not going down well with some of its members from the south-west.

The former ministers for works and transport, Senator Adeseye Ogunlewe and Chief Ebenezer Babatope in a chat with Newsmen on Sunday, seriously kicked against the party’s zoning decision.

Quoting Babatope;

“Well, a meeting of the Board of Trustees of the party will be called shortly and there we will express our mind. Talking individually, I think it is not the right decision but then, if that is their final decision, that is what it is. Those of us of like mind will meet and discuss it because they cannot jeopardise the chances of our party at all.”

Ogunlewe on the other hand, appealed to the party’s NEC to rescind their decision;

“Our position is simple. The two (chairmanship and presidency) cannot go to the North but if it is a temporary arrangement that they should be there for another two years before we pick the presidential candidate, I will agree with them. The danger is this, if the two are from the North, what do you use to campaign in the South west? What do we tell our people? It is probable that we (South west) may not get the deputy chairmanship position, it will go to the East. So what will be our fate in the whole arrangement? That is our fear and if we cannot tell our people what is there for them, it will be very difficult for us to campaign. So, we are appealing to them to consider their decision to let the national chairman come from the South-West”.
http://dumebiifeanyi.com/south-west-will-resist-north-ogunlewe/

cc: lalasticlala

Re: South-west Will Resist The North - Ogunlewe,babatope by 1Tkester: 3:19am On May 02, 2016
Good
Re: South-west Will Resist The North - Ogunlewe,babatope by EzePromoe: 5:49am On May 02, 2016
^ They're right. PDP is trying too hard to get back the love of the North, which may backfire. The North West will still vote massively for Buhari if he goes for second term, same with NE. There's no need robbing the SW to pay the North.

2 Likes

Re: South-west Will Resist The North - Ogunlewe,babatope by playahata: 7:51am On May 02, 2016
Poliitics is nothing but a game of numbers. The only ones benefiting from this game are the greedy players.
Re: South-west Will Resist The North - Ogunlewe,babatope by Volksfuhrer(m): 7:57am On May 02, 2016
I want PDP to move from one blunder to the next. Let them zone SW from any principal office, all for the better! I want more nails to the coffin of PDP. They've had their sixteen years, and that's enough for a clueless party of unfettered kleptomaniacs. I wonder why Labour Party and KOWA are not as aggressive as they should be in opposition; any other alternative to APC shouldn't be PDimP.

Never again would PDP rule this country! Isseeeeh grin

1 Like

Re: South-west Will Resist The North - Ogunlewe,babatope by OkutaNla: 8:13am On May 02, 2016
Fayose has sold out the South West for a pot of porridge. After hearing his rant on Channels tv last night vowing to support Sherrif as Chairman over any Yorubaman for the chairmanship post I shook my head in pity for him and his state coz as it stands, in spite of all the noise he and FFK make on PDP's behalf, the fact remains that the SW has no influence whatsoever in the party. They are all a bunch of jokers.

(1) (Reply)

Has Governor Fayose Been Stealing From His State? / Muhammadu Buhari: The Last Grandfather To Rule Nigeria!!!! / PHOTOS: President Buhari Hosted To Lunch By Emir Of Daura

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.