Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,746 members, 7,879,234 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 02:37 PM

Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal (44899 Views)

Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform / Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat / Aisha Buhari In The U.S With A Hermes Bag Worth N40 Million - The Signal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal by Fourwinds: 4:21pm On May 02, 2016
stevecantrell:
But this is ridiculous... What happened to the minister's villas in Apo and Maitama ....have they been sold or rented out ?
Useless OBJ sold them during his tenure
Re: Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal by goodlifehyd1: 4:21pm On May 02, 2016
Which of the pools, Baba Ijebu or which one
talktonase:
6months to appoint ministers,budget has not been signed after a year pmb emerged victorious at the pools.If he does not increase this accomodation allowance for his cabinet members he may likely not achieve anything for the next two quaters because these ministers may claim that their inability to secure conducive accomodation is what will frustrate implementation of the change agender.
Re: Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal by EmekaBlue(m): 4:22pm On May 02, 2016
d dullard walking out of meetings since 1976....Running away cant epp...Beta face it squarely...Next he wil b walkin to england...Walk Walk Walk
Re: Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 02, 2016
This God sent man does not like cheating n corruption baba pls anyone dat want to make u to disappoint innocent Nigerians pls dnt allowed dem pls thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal by oz4real83(m): 4:23pm On May 02, 2016
D ministers are greedy! What about those thousand of houses in abuja that has only hausa-security men guarding them with no other persons living such houses? Who own them? Nobody will like to claim ownership because d fear of EFCC is d beginning of wisdom.Can't d ministers rent or even stay in such houses for free since nobody will wanna claim ownership for them. I also think d monetisation policy of obj govt also took care of such accomodation problems.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 02, 2016
Good one...neglect those inept food called ministers....
Re: Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal by Damikevin(m): 4:25pm On May 02, 2016
Toh! Na who fault? Who say make una make ABJ expensive? If you no like the responsibility resign! NothinG na by force!
Re: Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal by ekeneidiagbor: 4:25pm On May 02, 2016
Ioannes:
the ministers had better sort themselves out.

now they can have a taste of what it is like for the common man.

but I think the federal govt. should have like an estate of 3-5bedroom flats built for ministers.

that way they won't come and be asking for furniture allowance tomorrow.

if that is done, the next thing that will be is them requesting 10million per person for refurbishments

they should know how it feels to live in .middle income neighbourhoods.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal by stevecantrell: 4:26pm On May 02, 2016
Fourwinds:
Useless OBJ sold them during his tenure

Ah !.......I used to live in of those..service is better than most 4 star hotels..Shame on obj
Re: Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal by greatiyk4u(m): 4:27pm On May 02, 2016
adconline:

There u go again. You are bereft of how govt works. So GMB proposed to spend N15bn more in the budget he submitted to NASS is off point?
He proposed to spend N6.1tn in 2016 is off point?
You are logically challenged to make the connection.. What a product of Naija jaundiced education!

U lack comprehension skills, go back to my comments as many times as possible to understand the message conveyed first before responding........stop exposing your ignorance in a public forum like this..thank me later
Re: Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal by EmekaBlue(m): 4:28pm On May 02, 2016
EmekaBlue:
d dullard walking out of meetings since 1984....Running away cant epp...Beta face it squarely...I heard he even walked out frm his cows in duara when they were ova Mooooooing..Next he wil b walkin to england...Walk Walk Walk
Re: Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal by henryhemon(m): 4:30pm On May 02, 2016
ganisucks:
Rubbish. J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇τ̣̣̥ another publicity stunt. No light, no fuel, bumbling economy, A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ this people are still content with churning out propaganda trash that hails Buhari's integrity, while citing Jonathan's supposed profligacy. Keep on fooling yourselves, its 26 days †̥♥ go before May 29.

No pdp maga to take you home in the night again ?
Re: Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal by Ferdinandu(m): 4:33pm On May 02, 2016
Let them resign if they are not comfortable with it, that is what everyone does, if you are not cool with your renumeration package. A level 8 civil servant in Abuja goes home with just about N700, 000 naira annually everything inclusive, in a city where it is extremely difficult to get a decent accommodation with a million naira.
No more monkey dey work baboon dey chop in this country.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal by AlanSugar(m): 4:42pm On May 02, 2016
fcbonsai:
my course rep in d university days dey use hin money to make photocopies for d whole class....dts an example of what a leader should be.....

if u cant scrifice fo ur followers, of what use areu a leader then
awon ole jatijati angry

Wetin this one de talk? Your course rep photocopying handouts for all you subs is only a matter of necessity for those who couldn't afford. A handout is a handout be it photocopy or original! If u disagree, why didn't he buy u all the original handouts? Did you read in the post where it said that the ministers already have an accommodation package of 4million Naira? Now they want 20million! They think the IB is still in charge, rogues.
Re: Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal by Reference(m): 4:43pm On May 02, 2016
When we said this corruption thing was a waste of time they thought we were joking. Next is to turn on their budgets and repay those who have given them 'accomodation advance'. I know 2 or 3 on that watch list.
Re: Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal by Bimpe29: 4:44pm On May 02, 2016
If this was true, then PMB's efforts and principles of eliminating or minimizing corruption are not only good, but inadequate.
Re: Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal by adconline(m): 4:45pm On May 02, 2016
greatiyk4u:

U lack comprehension skills, go back to my comments as many times as possible to understand the message conveyed first before responding........stop exposing your ignorance in a public forum like this..thank me later
What an arrogant of sophisticated idiocy.. GMB proposed a budget which includes spending N15bn more than he did last year and you are asking me whether it's contained in the passed budget?
There is no such thing as passed budget for now. So the increase the ministers are asking for is based on the GMB's proposed budget.
The Calabar-Lagos Rail project is based on the proposed budget.
You have seen why you are daft and lack common logical ability to decipher basic things..
Re: Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal by Harshirama(m): 4:45pm On May 02, 2016
"meagre 4 million"
Re: Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 4:47pm On May 02, 2016
I can't still imagine how 3-4 bed rooms would cost 15m undecided The ministers should manage 4m or probably take a loan then pay off with their salary grin. But wait some of them said they can serve without collect salary grin
Re: Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal by Dekmankind(m): 4:50pm On May 02, 2016
How about Lugbe, Kuje, Zuba, Kubwa, Bwari, etc? After all their fellow Nigerians live in Gwagwala and still work in the same Maitama/Asokoro everyday with less reward.

olafum1:
They should all go get house for Zuba naw.. .
At least that's also part of fct, and a choice apartment can go for #1m for one or two years.
Re: Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal by greatiyk4u(m): 4:53pm On May 02, 2016
adconline:

What an arrogant of sophisticated idiocy.. GMB proposed a budget which includes spending N15bn more than he did last year and you are asking me whether it's contained in the passed budget?
There is no such thing as passed budget for now. So the increase the ministers are asking for is based on the GMB's proposed budget.
The Calabar-Lagos Rail project is based on the proposed budget.
You have seen why you are daft and lack common logical ability to decipher basic things..

Make I write am 4 pidgin make u fit understand wetin. I mean

U talk say Buhari proposed 15Billion higher dan una "hero" own proposal 4 year 2015, na him I ask weda the Buhari's higher proposal na 4 dis new Budget wey the NASS just passed abi na where u take see am? No be after the oga presido accept sign am na him we go take see the new content since e be say NASS get power to take change some figures wey oga prezido propose?

Again, I come talk say if u claim say Buhari ASO villa proposal pass oga "hero" own with 15Billion, say make u jeyjey show me link wey I go take confam am sharp sharp.

Gradually u will learn but sincere ignorance is very dangerous!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal by talktonase(m): 4:53pm On May 02, 2016
Nosmog:

You're very right but remember these ministers were not elected. If dem do anyhow dem go see anyhow. I trust pmb on that
PMB is a stereotype military retiree that is still overwhelmed by the vestiges of colonialism.He needs to learn to be flexible in this day and time if not nothing will be achieved in the next four years.This is a president that has no cordial relationship with the legislature and he is now turning on his executive.I pity him oh,he is fighting too many wars at the same time.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal by olafum1(m): 4:55pm On May 02, 2016
Dekmankind:
How about Lugbe, Kuje, Zuba, Kubwa, Bwari, etc? After all their fellow Nigerians live in Gwagwala and still work in the same Maitama/Asokoro everyday with less reward.

Don't mind those thieving thieves.... Though, I won't blame them, those lawmakers severance atrocities are worse and could lead to the minister's envy
Re: Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal by AlanSugar(m): 4:55pm On May 02, 2016
slimfit1:

How come i didn't think of this lol this is a good idea my brother at least our money paid for those houses.

Pls what is good about this dumb idea? Any property confiscated by efcc serves only as exhibit over a pending court case and u expect government to touch it before the court's desicion? Building houses for ministers for now is no consideration cus there's no money for that and would be utterly expensive! If he had any suggestion, it would've been to say any person to be considered for ministerial position in future must have accommodation in Abuja as a prerequisite for the appointment. If hunters have learnt to shoot without missing, that's cus birds had decided to fly without perching. We need change! No more frivolous spending.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal by alobright17(m): 4:56pm On May 02, 2016
My question is will giving 20mil accomodation to the likes of Sports minister make Nigeria win world cup? to Petroluem Minister fuel price come to normal?will it make Our Education system start functioning normal again?defense Minister to make security of lives and properties be secured? e.t.c

Na to give them the money to send their children to school in Ghana,South Africa,London,Usa,Canda,e.t.c I have been to some of these countries and see some of these ministers children on how they throw looted money around while some of you here supporting for 20 million annual rent accomodation can't afford what the ministers Children spent in a month in 2 years.
Re: Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal by talktonase(m): 4:56pm On May 02, 2016
goodlifehyd1:
Which of the pools, Baba Ijebu or which one
baba ijebu
Re: Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal by talktonase(m): 4:57pm On May 02, 2016
Fourwinds:
do u know what is called selfless service to ur country. then dats an example they face ok... if d idi..ots cannt do with it., dey should resign
when two elephants fight who go suffer?
Re: Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal by tete7000(m): 5:00pm On May 02, 2016
Ioannes:
the ministers had better sort themselves out.

now they can have a taste of what it is like for the common man.

but I think the federal govt. should have like an estate of 3-5bedroom flats built for ministers.

that way they won't come and be asking for furniture allowance tomorrow.

Obasanjo monetized accommodation for senators and sold the official houses cheap to them. If you build for ministers now, that might be what you get someone doing again in future.
Re: Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal by Fourwinds: 5:02pm On May 02, 2016
talktonase:
when two elephants fight who go suffer?
please there is fight here.... they have d option to resign.. this is not Labour matter
Re: Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal by AlanSugar(m): 5:03pm On May 02, 2016
adconline:

And he budgeted N15bn more to run the presidency in 2016 than GEJ had budgeted in 2015??
Do you know many women and kids in IDP that huge amount can provide shelter and feeding for??

You iPod's are still talking about Buhari adding things on budget for the presidency? I thought the world now knows what terrible and untold things that the NASS, led by saratiff, did to the budget? All those presidential paddings were just a calculated ploy to discredit and blackmail the president should the deal backfire, and backfire, it sure did!
Re: Buhari Walks Out On Ministers Over Accommodation Package - The Signal by talktonase(m): 5:03pm On May 02, 2016
[quote author=CoolAmbience post=45246556]

Go back and read what you wrote to see if it makes any sense. Mr. President just further demonstated that he is on the job to cater for the poor and common Nigerian, and not to satisfy the greed of an insatiable few.

This is evidenced by the NGN500billion earmarked for various Social Investment Programs in the budget. Are you saying that he should take money from the SIPs to address Ministers accomodation challenge?

Bottom line is, Mr. President just reminded them of the option of resignation.All i am saying is that he should learn to be flexible and diplomatic in his approach to issues.When the cabinets keeps going through series of changes due to sack or resignation.Who will suffer at the end of the day? the people will be the ones to bere the suffering.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Obi Does Not Know What Is Green Energy- Atiku Mocks LP Candidate / Governor Yari Buys Car For Abba Ahmad Sani Yerima Who Is Set To Wed / Donald Duke And Charly Boy Hang Out Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.