Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,891 members, 7,889,939 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:12 AM

Revealed: How Osinbajo Became Buhari Running Mate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revealed: How Osinbajo Became Buhari Running Mate (687 Views)

How Osinbajo ‘goofed’ On Nigeria Remaining Together – Niger Delta Monarch, Ayemi / How Osinbajo Failed Robert Greene's1st Law Of Power "Never Outshine Your Master" / Obasanjo Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As Buhari's Running Mate, But He Refused - Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Revealed: How Osinbajo Became Buhari Running Mate by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 02, 2016
Nigeria's Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, has revealed how he became the running mate to President Muhammadu Buhari, saying his disposition to fight corruption in Nigeria was the motivating factor.

Osinbajo said this at a non-denominational conference organized by the Covenant Christian Centre in Abuja on Saturday. He (Osibanjo) recalled that he had co-founded a professional group in 1995 that upheld integrity as a hallmark to fighting corruption and upholding good governance. He further stressed that providence brought them together revealing that he was 27-years-old when Buhari ruled the country as a military head of state.

He said: “Permit me to begin with a story about myself. All my adult life, I have always believed that our country was performing far below its potentialities, in practically every aspect of life. “In governance, corruption was always so outrageous that it made the majority poor and development almost impossible. Law and order was always a problem, usually no consequence for wrong-doing. ‘’Doing business and even our daily existence have always been difficult, no power, no fuel. Getting anything done in government establishments, a nightmare of delay and extortion. “So as a conscious decision, I joined various pressure groups. From human rights groups to good governance advocacy groups. In 1995, I co- founded an organization called Integrity, an anti-corruption organization. I joined various think tanks and professional groups, including the Concerned Professionals.”

The Vice President then recalled a situation of harassment and intimidation his group suffered under the Abacha regime. “Under the Abacha regime we Concerned Professionals, one day gathered at Yaba Bus-stop and some were thoroughly beaten by Police and the Army. From that day on, people disappeared and did not show up again. “I served as a two-term Attorney-General in Lagos State and pushed reforms in governance and the justice sector, I believed and continued to believe that the Nigerian people deserve better lives.” ‘’In December 2014, the unexpected happened; I was nominated as Vice Presidential candidate to then General Muhammadu Buhari.” He then recalled that he was still young, 27years old when Buhari became head of State “after a corrupt and somewhat disappointing civilian regime.”

The Vice President said: “As a young university lecturer,....Read More: http://www.newslivecasts.com/2016/05/how-i-became-buhari-running-mate.html

Re: Revealed: How Osinbajo Became Buhari Running Mate by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 02, 2016
No difference yet

(1) (Reply)

‘EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly’ – Fayose / Rochas Okorocha: Imo Gov Leads Richest Nigerian Politicians’ List With $1.4b / Had It Been Buhari Did Not Become The President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.