Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,003 members, 7,903,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 07:27 AM

Masters Or Stay On Job? - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Masters Or Stay On Job? (26219 Views)

Masters Or Professional Course In Agric.engineering Available In UK Or Canada / Professional Masters Or Academic Masters? / Career About Study Masters Or Bsc Over Here With A Good Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Masters Or Stay On Job? by akudinaobi(m): 7:50pm On May 04, 2016
atseyi:
Well said, i think other Nigerian youth should read this, leaders have failed and i think youths.... new graduates should go through this type of orientation in Nigeria. Creativity makes a brighter future for generations and you are not successful unless you have impacted lives.

You keep repeating fellng out because of age , are you too young or you are too old for the jobs hmmmmmmm
You see yopu self righteous proclaimers
You will do the worst once the money came comming
I met one individual who said don't give me luxury or bring me close to it so that I won't deviate from my ideology because all individuals have their own shortfalls on luxuries

As for the clasification of nigerian youths and politicians which you have done in a wrong way ,I will forgive you for that
But one thing I will ask you is this

This blog that we all enjoy is being championed by who (seun osewa) is he not a youth , a gradguate and enterpranuere , do you know how many youth that are on his payroll as supper moderators ands moderators that one apart

There are many nigerian youths in divers field helping the economy improve with their skills and talents therby feeding many families by employing them
I will name a few companies that are own by youth ,when I said youth I mean youth 18 to 40yrs

Orientra oil and gas
Gtonia oil and gas
Beneth and philps
Belzechs
Gbuzon int ltd
Merit telecoms
Mudi
Fida consult
Merury communications
Pine field drilling
Meks engerneering

So many uncountable
Re: Masters Or Stay On Job? by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 04, 2016
deanozone:
My own case is kinda different, am an entrepreneur, have an IT company and make a minimum of 200k monthly, most month i rake in as high as 500k or more, bottom line is dat my income is not stable. I am thinking of dropping all and going for my masters too in d same Canada, but in my case I just want to save up to 2.5million b4 September so I pay some of my school fees and work to pay up the rest when I get dere.am 29yrs old and also graduated best in my class 4yrs ago but I AV been selective abt job offers cos I don't want to be tied down...I don't know if am on the right path with my decision too?

Bros if you do your masters in Nigeria whilst running ur company... will ye die?? Y go yonder, wen u can do it here.... All dese certification we chase, as if we will carry anyone beyond d earth....

1 Like

Re: Masters Or Stay On Job? by deanozone: 9:55pm On May 04, 2016
crixtex:

Bros if you do your masters in Nigeria whilst running ur company... will ye die?? Y go yonder, wen u can do it here.... All dese certification we chase, as if we will carry anyone beyond d earth....
I intend doing my Msc in information security as my first degree is in Information and Communication Technology, I feel no Gud skool here in naija can offer wat I desire, also with d option of 2yrs work permit after Msc and my skills as a programmer, I feel its a fair risk... My only fear is if I would be able to work and pay up my remaining fees..wish any student in Canada can throw more light on d chances of working and paying one's skool fees
Re: Masters Or Stay On Job? by atseyi(m): 10:17pm On May 04, 2016
The more ,the better! thinking logically, the number of youth's taken these responsibility with their vision is less that 10% in Nigeria. If more youths can implement their creativity like in music today, the number of unemployment will drop drastically. what is wrong with agriculture, manufacturing(engineering student and graduates), what is wrong with information technology, what is wrong with all of these sectors and many more Farming is dirty but put food on every table, manufacturing is tedious as it takes a lot of process, meanwhile technology is too technical that Nigerian youth's cant invent

akudinaobi:

You keep repeating fellng out because of age , are you too young or you are too old for the jobs hmmmmmmm
You see yopu self righteous proclaimers
You will do the worst once the money came comming
I met one individual who said don't give me luxury or bring me close to it so that I won't deviate from my ideology because all individuals have their own shortfalls on luxuries

As for the clasification of nigerian youths and politicians which you have done in a wrong way ,I will forgive you for that
But one thing I will ask you is this

This blog that we all enjoy is being championed by who (seun osewa) is he not a youth , a gradguate and enterpranuere , do you know how many youth that are on his payroll as supper moderators ands moderators that one apart

There are many nigerian youths in divers field helping the economy improve with their skills and talents therby feeding many families by employing them
I will name a few companies that are own by youth ,when I said youth I mean youth 18 to 40yrs

Orientra oil and gas
Gtonia oil and gas
Beneth and philps
Belzechs
Gbuzon int ltd
Merit telecoms
Mudi
Fida consult
Merury communications
Pine field drilling
Meks engerneering

So many uncountable

Re: Masters Or Stay On Job? by Shaunscot(m): 8:15am On May 05, 2016
deanozone:

I intend doing my Msc in information security as my first degree is in Information and Communication Technology, I feel no Gud skool here in naija can offer wat I desire, also with d option of 2yrs work permit after Msc and my skills as a programmer, I feel its a fair risk... My only fear is if I would be able to work and pay up my remaining fees..wish any student in Canada can throw more light on d chances of working and paying one's skool fees

I usually advise international students to travel with at least their tuition and accomodation fees.

A lot of people make that mistake and then find themselves deferring admissions just to raise some cash to complete their program. Canada isnt different. I have a lot of friends who went to study there. And depending on the city you are in, your accomodation alone can be around 500 CAD monthly plus you have a limit to the number of hours you can work if you are on a student visa.
Re: Masters Or Stay On Job? by Sunnystooth(m): 5:14pm On May 05, 2016
To me, i think it's a very simple stuff to figure out. Not as dicey as it seems... You said you'll have study leave by next year. Why not wait till then and get that? Why are you so sure that you wont get an admission by next year if you apply again? With your qualification, you could get admission at a very good school too. It must not necessarily be the number one in canada. This way, you'll have your job to fall back to when/if you finally decides to come back to Nigeria... My opinion though. You know your life better.
Re: Masters Or Stay On Job? by chaiks: 11:48am On Aug 24, 2016
I I'll advice u to go for your masters abroad now be it in Canada or USA. I know it may not be rosy out there, but it's always gud to v a blend of international experience. Since u v a first class, work towards securing a scholarship in any of those countries. If that did not work, consider applying for a masters in Norway that is free tuition. U I'll now use that money u would v paid to open a Norwegian blocked acc. I know Norway is an oil country and there are lots of oil companies where u can intern or work. Even if u come back and your place of work reject u(which is impossible), u can now enroll for a PhD in Canada, USA, or Australia easily. Studying abroad is a nice idea at a point in one's life no matter d uncertainty.
Re: Masters Or Stay On Job? by HRinsider: 11:51am On Aug 24, 2016
I Know This Will Help Someone

STARTING A CAREER IN HR

Kendor Consulting is hosting a FREE seminar on Saturday, September 12, 2016 at 11 am!

• Are you looking to start a career in HR and wondering how to get a foot in the door?...
• Are you new to HR and wondering what’s in it for you?
• Are you currently employed but thinking of making a career switch to HR?
• Do you want a career in HR but don’t think you have the right skills to make the move?

Then nip over and talk to us. Bring your CVs along.

Admission is strictly by REGISTRATION.

To register
• Visit www.kendorconsulting.com/register or
• Call +234 1 342 5779 or +234 818 743 3436

Registration closes on Thursday September 15, 2016.

Venue: 20B, Niyi Okunubi Street, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos.

Time: 10 am – 1 pm

For more information visit www.kendorconsulting.com/startingacareerinhr

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

4.58million Nigerians Became Jobless In Buhari's Administation - NBS Report / Sacked For Sending Official Mail With Blackberry / My Employer Wants Me To Come To His Church Or Be Fired (advice)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.