Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,872 members, 7,942,185 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 11:20 PM

All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? (11890 Views)

Get A Job With The Right Cv - Allow Me Rewrite Your Cv To Meet That Job Standard / Ruona Meyer Who Sold Kerosene Years Ago In Lagos Lands Job With BBC (Photos) / Just Got A Job with a federal Government agency,which State Should I Pick? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? by maishai: 9:55am On May 04, 2016
dany2k:
Hey guys,
I need your candid opinion and advice on this. I am first class graduate of Civil Engineering from one of the prestigious federal university in Nigeria.
I won all expense-paid scholarship to Thailand and also secured job with sterling bank.
Sterling bank job total take home is around 198k but I am confused whether to take up the job or go for my masters degree.
I am particularly confused because of job insecurity associated with banking industry as well as deviating from my career aspiration of becoming an Engineer.
I am also concerned of not being able to secure decent job when I come back after my masters programme in Thailand.
I will be glad for your honest opinion and advice

ALL THIS I HAVE A JOB OR MASTERS THING, R U SURE ITS FOR REAL??

1 Like

Re: All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? by princeFAD: 9:59am On May 04, 2016
If you are really passionate about your civil engineering certificate, First class for that matter,go for your MSc which is fully sponsored. 198K is not mouth watering as you think compared to the opportunity waiting you in civil.
If you accept the banking job, then you can bid bye bye to civil engineering first class cert.
Re: All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? by libertyinc1: 9:59am On May 04, 2016
Take the scholarship oooooooooh!!!!
Re: All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? by Dyt(f): 10:02am On May 04, 2016
When you start collecting the salary
Is it not from it you will want to save to pursue the MSC in future?

I wish I was this intelligent during my uni days

1 Like

Re: All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? by creationxt(m): 10:04am On May 04, 2016
Pray about it and make your decision. However I think its better to follow your passion. You studied Civil Engineering to make it a career so become an Engineer not a banker.
Re: All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? by ItuExchange(m): 10:04am On May 04, 2016
Not too good to be true, but the organizers would simply put their own people, so please don't waste your time.

Neteller here: .com.ng
Re: All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? by Ramanto(m): 10:05am On May 04, 2016
ee8095:
We have 2011 toyota avensis for sale @2,650,000

See attached pix

Contact d nos below for inspection and pricing at ajah

Call 0 7 0 8 4 5 5 6 3 4 2,0 8 1 0 9 0 8 3 2 8 5
BEAUTIFUL!!
As for the topic, i don't see anything spectarcular about thailand or sterling bank. think outside the box @op
Re: All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? by fineyemi(m): 10:11am On May 04, 2016
Although, am yet to be a graduate but am also on a first class cgpa. I will advice you to go for your msc in thailand. You will find it difficult to do your msc as long as you work in the bank. Go for your masters. Its an oppurtunity. Opportunity comes but its always ones.
Re: All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? by Next2Bezee(m): 10:12am On May 04, 2016
Thailand?? Have you even done your research on Thailand 1st sef? sad

You're listening to all these people who believe that any opportunity to exit 9ja is always best shocked My brother life in Thailand is hard, more especially for Nigerians that everyone avoids and consider 419 drug lords.

Life abroad, especially in all these Asian countries is hell for Nigerians, No job for extra money, once 9ja doesn't pay your allowee you will stuck in one of the harshest places to live even when you have small money not to talk of someone that's broke. And the universities there are nothing to write home about, heck a lot of Thailand citizens have given up hope on their own place and are trying to go to European and North American countries.

Bro I'm telling you as some one that's spent 4 years in Malaysia and can't wait to come back home, get that Bank job now. Start somewhere, there is no guarantee that you'll get a job in Thailand itself even with your masters, they completely hate Africans and there is no opportunity there except you want to do drugs or yahoo.

The real opportunity is that bank job with a starting salary of almost 200k, especially for someone without Masters. more than 65% of Nigerians don't even earn that much after years of working. Open your eyes my man before the bank offer is retracted. Good Luck

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? by worldraid: 10:14am On May 04, 2016
Microbiology or Civil engineering?

dany2k:
Hey guys,
I need your candid opinion and advice on this. I am first class graduate of Civil Engineering from one of the prestigious federal university in Nigeria.
I won all expense-paid scholarship to Thailand and also secured job with sterling bank.
Sterling bank job total take home is around 198k but I am confused whether to take up the job or go for my masters degree.
I am particularly confused because of job insecurity associated with banking industry as well as deviating from my career aspiration of becoming an Engineer.
I am also concerned of not being able to secure decent job when I come back after my masters programme in Thailand.

1 Like

Re: All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? by Adeniyimi: 10:16am On May 04, 2016
Kingzy4pep:
Shey dem dey pick money for Australia and Canada?

D guy na mumu local champion
Re: All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? by Nobody: 10:17am On May 04, 2016
It's indeed a difficult decision to make. But if I was you, I will take the Bank job and apply for a Part-Time Masters in Nigeria. With that, you will advance on the path of your ambition and earn money plus work experience at the same time.

Remember Thailand isn't the UK or USA. It is just another hustling crib.

Best of luck

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? by 4nobody4every1: 10:20am On May 04, 2016
worldraid:
Microbiology or Civil engineering?

dany2k:
@poster i am a microbiology student of better by far university..The borehole in questions have been analysed severally and it was found to have less microbial count lower than the so called pure water or sachet water..even the ones from the treatment plant contain higher load than the borehole..most offices in school even the senate building refill their water dispenser cans from the borehole..so the water is very clean..thats the only water i drink in school apart from pure water n bottled water..
dany2k:
4.82..300L microbiology

Hahaha, seems the guy came with a dodgy story grin grin

1 Like

Re: All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? by Adeniyimi: 10:20am On May 04, 2016
Next2Bezee:

You're listening to all these people who believe that any opportunity to exit 9ja is always best shocked My brother life in Thailand is hard, more especially for Nigerians that everyone avoids and consider 419 drug lords.

Life abroad, especially in all these Asian countries is hell for Nigerians, No job for extra money, once 9ja doesn't pay your allowee you will stuck in one of the harshest places to live even when you have small money not to talk of someone that's broke. And the universities there are nothing to write home about, heck a lot of Thailand citizens have given up hope on their own place and are trying to go to European and North American countries.

Bro I'm telling you as some one that's spent 4 years in Malaysia and can't wait to come back home, get that Bank job now. Start somewhere, there is no guarantee that you'll get a job in Thailand itself even with your masters, they completely hate Africans and there is no opportunity there except you want to do drugs or yahoo.

The real opportunity is that bank job with a starting salary of almost 200k, especially for someone without Masters. more than 65% of Nigerians don't even earn that much after years of working. Open your eyes my man before the bank offer is retracted. Good Luck

You have said it all bro. Let him listen to those pple that has never travel b4 that don't know what is happening abroad. When he get their and got stranded he will now be regreatting his life. I don't really advice pple not to travel abraod, they should just go and see d difference that nija is still better than many countries in d world

2 Likes

Re: All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? by Adeniyimi: 10:22am On May 04, 2016
Next2Bezee:

You have said it all bro. Let him listen to those pple that has never travel b4 that don't know what is happening abroad. When he get their and got stranded he will now be regreatting his life. I don't really advice pple not to travel abraod, they should just go and see d difference that nija is still better than many countries in d world.

1 Like

Re: All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? by Viktor1983(m): 10:24am On May 04, 2016
dany2k:
Hey guys,

Thailand!!!
Re: All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? by segzyogondus(m): 10:30am On May 04, 2016
Bros accept the Scholarship
Re: All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? by Pamelayoung: 10:32am On May 04, 2016
All I can say is I salute your intelligence. First class in engr no be moimoi.
Re: All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? by AGB7(m): 10:37am On May 04, 2016
I admire you greatly.
Now lets look at it this way: You should be smart enough to first finding out if it is possible to apply for job deferment should you strongly favor the option of going for the job. If you play your cards well, not failing to take into consideration the "Nigerian factor", chances are you may just scale through. But of course, some things are issued with a price tag. So guy, test the viability of killing two birds with a stone. You never know. Here in this many things are possible. If you succeed with this, do not hesitate to flex thailand. My one kobo!
Re: All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? by maleq(m): 10:50am On May 04, 2016
i had to log in to comment. guy better go and further, he who takes the path of knowlegde would never get lost. am currently working in a bank federal one sef they wont allow you further, go and further since its a scholarship all paid for. all the best as you take your decision.
Re: All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? by Tosinville(m): 10:54am On May 04, 2016
Kingzy4pep:
Shey dem dey pick money for Australia and Canada?
Msc in those countries are well respected & recognize, let him take that job opportunity now.
Re: All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? by akanbiaa(m): 11:25am On May 04, 2016
To make the decision easier for the OP click likes for bank job and shares for Thailand scholarship.
Re: All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? by azikiwecyril: 11:42am On May 04, 2016
:oIt is a scandal
Re: All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? by blank(f): 11:43am On May 04, 2016
Hey guys,

If you have the option to defer the program by one year, kindly do so. Even if it is one year work experience, it is very good. That is when your masters will help in getting a higher level.
Re: All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? by blessedindeed: 11:45am On May 04, 2016
All expenses paid scholarship to THAILAND

BE WARNED - All I can see is ISIS RECRUITMENT ALERT
Re: All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? by zthree: 11:57am On May 04, 2016
The biggest mistake you will make is to talk about coming back to secure a job. I will honestly advise you go for the Masters degree because once you start working especially in a bank, excuses start setting in and you might eventually lose focus. Follow your vision for life, go for the advance degree, distinguish yourself, establish relationships with other like minds over there, and create a network of visionary professionals who want to be solution providers to the world, and not a banker who just does monotonous job everyday. The world is looking for solution providers not just employees. The choice is still yours to make in the end.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? by ademo1: 12:00pm On May 04, 2016
i will strongly advise you to focus on your career. Banking job is no go area even if u r being paid 500k. uncountable opportunities is there for u especially after ur msc. My brother, Civil engineering is a good profession. u can start applying to oil and gas companies. i bet u are a star with that grade. my piece of advice is that many multinational companies would love to av a person like u in their organizations. GO FOR THE MASTER. GOOD LUCK
Re: All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 04, 2016
MadCow1:
As an Igbo Man, Thailand one way...

Sharp Igbo brother!!!
I get ur view!
We see wat other's cant see grin

I feel u bro cool
Re: All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? by dahmie2013: 12:19pm On May 04, 2016
I'm not a fan of foreign masters, but in ur case, I think it's wise 2 go 4 dat masters.

First, u're a first class grad & wen u come back u can get @ least a lecturing job, pending d time ur dream job shows up.

Also, chances are dat d skool u're going might consider u 4 a PhD, since u're brilliant.

Finally, a bank like Sterling isn't worth dat sacrifice.
Re: All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? by Hotsemo: 12:40pm On May 04, 2016
I still stand by what I told you on phone..... "Taiwan" sorry Thailand here you go
Hey guys,

Re: All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? by Madox: 12:43pm On May 04, 2016
It all comes down to your career goals. If you aspire to pursue a career in the finance/banking industry then take the job at Sterling bank and acquire other qualifications along the way that will facilitate your growth in that industry.

But if you aspire to pursue a career in civil engineering then I strongly advice you to take up the Thailand Master's scholarship. Beyond the Master's degree also set your mind to pursue a PhD in Civil engineering. As a 1st class graduate following your Master's degree, the opportunities available to you for PhD studentships/scholarships are immense. After you've completed your PhD you'll have the absolute liberty to decide whether to work in government, academia or in industry.
Re: All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? by Thatwaley: 12:46pm On May 04, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tips On How To Avoid Being Fired / 150 Sacked At Enterprise Bank / Please I Need Advice On Which Career Path To Take

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.