Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,662 members, 7,889,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:29 AM

A Gold - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Gold (358 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Gold by Seyibabalola(m): 11:47pm On May 03, 2016
A GOLD

One of my favourites Scriptures is Job 23:10 "But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold" This scripture may look simple, but it's really really deep and carries so much things you can never understand, until you personally have its true life experiences. What am I saying?. The scripture says that "in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth". The dividing line between those who are vessels of GOLD, and those who are vessels of WOOD or EARTH is FIRE. GOLD, WOOD and EARTH passed through different refining processes. What you see and now call gold passed through some fire process, before it became the real gold. But you don't need any fire process to make a wooden item, neither do you need fire to make a clay (earthy) pot, for instance. Before you can become a gold, we must test your faith, your patience and your growth. I mean before the heavens can make you stand out in your generation, to be and live the life of an Eagle, you will have to pass through fire test. The Fire test is a period of PAINFUL PATIENCE. It is a period of 'STUPID' FAITH in God. It is a period of GROWTH TEST IN PREPARATION FOR YOUR GLORIOUS DESTINY.
Job was having the Fire test when he said, "....When he has tried me, i shall come forth as gold". I know you know what Job went through at a point in his life. At the end, he indeed became a gold. He became very great. He stood out among his peers.
Talking about Isaac, there was a time of famine in the land of Gerar. And I guessed Isaac was already thinking of leaving for Egypt where he perceived a relief, a greener pastures, before God instructed him not to do so, but to stay. He obeyed God foolishly. The end story was that "Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the LORD blessed him. And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great:", Gen. 26:12-13. In the midst of famine, Isaac became very wealthy and great. Isaac did not stop at becoming great, but he became very great. But did you notice the price he paid before he became very great? Look at the scripture well, it says Isaac went further, and he grew. Yes, Isaac went further from being a vessel of wood and earth to become GOLD. He was submissive to Growth test. Today, there are people who stopped growing just after tasting some bits of God's power, favour or blessings in their lives. They actually stopped at the stage of WOOD AND EARTH, not moving further to becoming a GOLD in their generation.
Can you pay the price? How much can you look stupid for God and his standards for your life? How much are you ready to grow?. And how much can you be patient to be refined into a gold, before you are released into your world? Do you give a recognition to family tradition or human culture, rather than living by Kingdom principles? Do you work by sight, rather than faith? How responsive are you to the growth processes God wants to take you through, so that you can be fit into his perfect plan? Can you pay the fire test to become an Eagle, not living an average life or life of mediocrity? Make your choice. "In my house there are vessels of GOLD, of WOOD and of EARTH". All depends on the price they can pay.

- Pastor Michael Seyi Babalola

(1) (Reply)

Is Any Form Of Life Really Simple? / Ten Reasons Why U Should Go 2 Church / Can Some Trust In You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.