Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,829 members, 7,945,672 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 10:45 PM

Where Can I Find A "good" Gym In Abuja - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Where Can I Find A "good" Gym In Abuja (11710 Views)

Any Good Gym In Asaba? / I Need A Gym In Abuja / Where Can I Find A Good Gym In Yaba? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Can I Find A "good" Gym In Abuja by icez: 9:21pm On Aug 14, 2009
Awuco:

where do you live now

i live near games village (near abuja national stadium).

Please where can i also get good running shoes. cheers.

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Find A "good" Gym In Abuja by D1KeleVra(m): 11:35pm On Aug 14, 2009
Running shoes ~ Nike store, Ceddi Plaza
Re: Where Can I Find A "good" Gym In Abuja by icez: 11:48pm On Aug 14, 2009
D1KeleVra:

Running shoes ~ Nike store, Ceddi Plaza

i hope the are not "too" expensive. ( i no too rich like that grin )
Re: Where Can I Find A "good" Gym In Abuja by D1KeleVra(m): 11:53pm On Aug 14, 2009
ohok. . . they've got good shoes tho
Re: Where Can I Find A "good" Gym In Abuja by Rosabelle(f): 10:07am On Aug 22, 2009
@ Homegirl
If you exercise right, it'l reduce youre weight. Reduce intake of rice and other carbohydrates drastically and try to eat them only from morning until 3pm. After that, try to stay on protein. And eating after 6pm is a complete no-go.
Drink at least 2.5litres of water (and more) daily and drop any kind of soft drink or sugar-loaded snacks.
Exercise like 2-3 times a week, for at least 30minutes pro session and at most 50minutes.
Combine 25minutes endurance training (treadmill, cycling crosstrainer) with about 5 minutes muscles building.
As a woman though, you should go slow on the muscle training, do various one's for only a short amount of time.

The point being, with endurance training, you want to burn fat off - burn calories. And with the muscle training, you want to wake up your muscles cos due to the fat surrounding them, they are 'sleeping'. And to loose weight and get your body back in form, the muscles have to be supple.
So you need this combination to be successful. As you go on, you get to know your body better and you can adjust your training sessions according to how you feel.
Be sure to check with a doctor on your health first though, so you dont fall off the treadmil or something.
I know what youre going through, cos Ive been battling with my weight for like 4yrs now, and I only just started to take it seriously like six months ago. And its working. Dont be in a hurry though, cos the human body works with time.
Good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Can I Find A "good" Gym In Abuja by jydopumpin: 3:01pm On Nov 11, 2009
utotomi10 , please could u let me know how the Agura gym works? like how much, what days, and stuff? thnxxx
Re: Where Can I Find A "good" Gym In Abuja by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 07, 2016
found one
icez:

i live near games village (near abuja national stadium).

Please where can i also get good running shoes. cheers.
Re: Where Can I Find A "good" Gym In Abuja by paste007(m): 10:53pm On Jan 10, 2018
youngies:
Just like Dis Guy said, most hotels in Abuja have gym facilities free for their guests, but the public pay to use such facilities. Such hotels like:
Protea Asokoro, RockView, Bolingo, Hilton, NICON luxury etc. The rates in these hotels can be considered "high" by visitors

Agura Hotels and perharps Ibro hotels are among the very few hotels that provide facilities with very affordable rates that encourage the public to visit them.

There are other centres in the city who provide only gym facilities as their business. Body GYM is along Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent, opp NIIT before Peanial Apartments.

There is another GYM center by BANEX towards Denis hotel (I have forgotten the name of the street)

Meanwhile the GYMs in the barracks (WU Bassey, NIGER) are open for the public, but you have to be a member

I hope these info helps  smiley
hey bro, i know this is an old post..but where is the barracks located and is it still free
Re: Where Can I Find A "good" Gym In Abuja by Payshenz: 11:14am On Nov 11, 2020
You can find one at Apo, it's affordable and their staff are nice. It's also a pretty place for good pictures ��. Emm.....The name is Ella's Place. It's for only ladies sha.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Very Itching Rashes All Over My Dick And It's Spreading Fast / Coronavirus: Osagie Enahire Commends Lagos State Government / Health System Injustice In Nigeria: A Cry From A Broken Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.