Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:46 AM

Dating: The Endemic Scam Of The Internet Age. An Opinion - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating: The Endemic Scam Of The Internet Age. An Opinion (426 Views)

Is Paid Dating The New Wave Of Prostitution? / 10 Signs To Know You Are Dating The Wrong Person / .10 Signs You Are Dating The Wrong Person. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating: The Endemic Scam Of The Internet Age. An Opinion by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 04, 2016
Looking out through my window, my gaze fell on two young couple walking down the street. It was a beautiful sight to behold as the couple held each other's arm, with routine outburst of laughter to accompany their "romantic walk". Every now and then, the couples stared into each others eyes and smiled generously. They were in love, they were young and obviously, they were not married yet. Clearly, they were in a romantic relationship, yes! They were "dating".
The word "dating" has evolved so much, especially in Nigeria to mean a romantic relationship between a man and woman, inclusive or exclusive of sex. It is no longer a strange scenario to see teenagers as young as 14 years, bounded in a treacherous and pathetic union with the opposite sex. Infact "dating" is now the order of the day, boys and girls, men and women all have girlfriend(s) and boyfriend(s) respectively.

One will be forced to ask, has this so-called "dating" done any good to the overall marital outcome of couples? Or does it gaurantee absolute fidelity after marriage?

In the olden days, "dating" was a strange tradition. Our forefathers never "dated", when they were old enough to get married, it became the duty of their parents to find a good wife for their child. The wife is presented and all necessary marriage rites are performed. At the end, it is a blissful union void of the latest trend in town known as divorce. The divorce rate as high as 0%. Fast forward to the age of social media and dating, the resultant effect is the high rate of divorce which we can all bear witness to today. Thanks to "twitter", "facebook" and co, our organic catalyst for speeding up the chemical reaction. Dating has done more harm than good in my opinion. How will a marriage last when both parties have a long list of previous lovers which they quickly label as:"my ex boyfriend", "my ex girlfriend". With these lovers, are memories of good time and it is worthy to note that, any of these ex lover automatically becomes a potential entity with which a husband or a wife may cheat with in the future.

Aside from marital loopholes generated by "dating" itself, "dating" has become the most ridiculous scam of the internet age for parties involved. Dating has made pre-marital sex as easy as sticking a pencil in the nostril. Infact it is an indirect way of telling a boy or a girl: "come let us f**k".

Dating is a period of time when a man and a woman tell the greatest lie and cheat in their life time. The term "sidechick" or "sideguy" is used excuslively by people who are in a relationship(dating), to refer to a person they keep solely for the sake of sex. Surprisingly, the so-called "side-chick", "side-guy" maybe in a relationship with some other guy or lady who also have a "side chick" or "side guy". What a shame!

Most ladies now "date" to quench their unending materialistic thirst. Such ladies do not mind being a "side-chick" for a wealthy guy. Most guys will do anything to sleep with a lady, even if it means spending lavishly and recklessly. "Dating" today lacks fedility as most parties cheat without remorse. Dating truelly has evolved to become synonymous with lies, deciet, heartbreaks and a complex web of cheating and lying souls and a long list of ex-lovers whose memory will never stop haunting us.

http://pivotforum.com.ng/lovedating/dating-the-endemic-scam-of-the-internet-age-an-opinion/?PHPSESSID=039adc7c07a6a08b166489a88ce5a5ba
Re: Dating: The Endemic Scam Of The Internet Age. An Opinion by Akposkool(m): 6:34pm On May 04, 2016
It is called evolution. Things will and always do change my friend. Wait and see in the next 20 years how these things you are doing now will become old skool. It's just the circle of life

1 Like

Re: Dating: The Endemic Scam Of The Internet Age. An Opinion by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 04, 2016
grin don't tell us OP, that u never met a bae from any app?

Me, I think I found my baby love & his here on nl grin
Re: Dating: The Endemic Scam Of The Internet Age. An Opinion by iceberylin(m): 6:49pm On May 04, 2016
In the olden days, "dating" was a strange tradition. Our forefathers never "dated", when they were old enough to get married, it became the duty of their parents to find a good wife for their child. The wife is presented and all necessary marriage rites are performed. At the end, it is a blissful union

You don't hold on to the past and it wasn't entirely perfect....
sad
My paternal Grand father had 6 wives...
That's not blissful
Re: Dating: The Endemic Scam Of The Internet Age. An Opinion by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 04, 2016
iceberylin:

You don't hold on to the past and it wasn't entirely perfect....
sad
My paternal Grand father had 6 wives...
That's not blissful

lol, ur grand pa na stunner oo
Re: Dating: The Endemic Scam Of The Internet Age. An Opinion by iceberylin(m): 7:04pm On May 04, 2016
Omagzee:

lol, ur grand pa na stunner oo
Na fine man na..
With plenty Barn..

Girl dh like those kind thing then..

(1) (Reply)

FUNNY BUT TRUE / Can Your Upbringing Really Affect Your Relationship With The Opposite Sex? / This Goat Has 2 LEGS And Can Move Around With Them (see Photos + Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.