Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,636 members, 7,951,664 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 08:31 PM

The Loopsided Federal Constituencies In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Loopsided Federal Constituencies In Nigeria (1059 Views)

Cash Crunch Hits Reps, Shun Visits To Constituencies / Rivers Rerun: 21 Constituencies Where Elections Will Hold / APC Wins Minjibir, State Constituencies In Rerun Election In Kano State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Loopsided Federal Constituencies In Nigeria by blackmatter007: 11:11am On May 05, 2016
Well, it's no longer a secret that the South West can support anything North so long as it hurts the East. Ponder this 'sharing formula' using the representation at Federal House as a guide.

Abia - 8
Adamawa -8
Akwa-Ibom - 10
Anambra -11
Bauchi -12
Bayelsa -5
Benue -11
Borno -10
Cross-River -8
Delta - 10
Ebonyi - 6
Edo -9
Ekiti - 6
Enugu - 8
Gombe - 6
Imo - 10
Jigawa -11
Kaduna - 16
Kano - 24
Katsina - 15
Kebbi -8
Kogi-9
Kwara -6
Lagos -24
Nasarawa -5
Niger - 10
Ogun - 9
Ondo- 9
Osun- 9
Oyo - 14
Plateau - 8
Rivers - 13
Sokoto - 11
Taraba - 6
Yobe- 6
Zamfara- 7
FCT- 6
Total = 360

For the benefit of those who are innumerate and not familiar with the delineation of federal constituencies according to geographical zones, here is the breakdown of the above;
South East- 43
South South- 55
South West- 71
North East - 48
North Central - 49
North West -92
FCT- 2

From the above, it's clear who are in the majority and who are the minorities. Of course, it's clear also who the owners of Nigeria are.

Please, let me bother you a little. In case you're unaware, the North West which has the chunk of representations at the Federal House comprises; Jigawa, Kebbi, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Zamfara and Sokoto, being the only zone with 7 states. Think of the abracadabra votes Buhari received from the K-states of Kaduna, Katsina and Kano? North West is largely regarded as the home of the Fulanis, the conquerors of the Hausas(by force) through Othman Dan Fodio, the Islamic jihadist.

Now, the $100m question: Is it possible to deprive one who holds this advantage over others by mere persuasion through word of mouth or appeal to reason?

Not that there haven't been persuasions in the past. From Aburi Accord to Jonathan's Confab but in the end the North supported and emboldened by their usual allies, the South West, refused to give an inch. Thus, the only way to make Nnanna's kind of Nigeria possible is by force, and nothing more.
In words of the legendary Bob Marley, total annihilation of these parasites is the only solution.... give them an inch, they take a yard, give them a yard, they take a mile....

It's convenient to preach nonviolence but do the people you're engaged with understand this sound doxology? Since the coming into being of this entity called Nigeria, it's been suffering violence, and the North have been violently appropriating our commonwealth through use of force. Can you imagine the Northern governors chiding the rest of us for associating the Fulani herdsmen with their murderous acts? What a gratuitous insult!

The lopsided delineation of the federal constituencies and the 'sharing formula' of the wealth of the South was obtained via brutal force. The civil war, all the military takeovers and the obnoxious decrees had one agenda- the South's oil wealth.

Even now, the violence for total destruction and subjugation of the South continues through the combined insurgents of Islamic fundamentalists, Boko Haram and their jihadist allies, the bloodsucking Fulani herders. Anyone who thinks the Fulani cattle herders are just pastoralists looking for greener pastures is mistaken. This is an occupation army and jihadist instrument in motion.
In the words of my icon, Bob Marley, give the Fulani cattle herders an inch and the whole of Southern region will be conquered. We gotta fight for our rights. Power of pen is okay but .....the pen is mightier than the sword but.... has it helped in the Nigerian situation? I rest my case!

1 Like

Re: The Loopsided Federal Constituencies In Nigeria by ChristineC: 11:23am On May 05, 2016
I think Jonathan could have ensured the National Confab had no boundaries on issues discussed. Once there were set limits on the table, the entire exercise became a mere cash distribution routine.

The make it even worse the recommendations on the report wasn't passed. Jonathan blew the opportunity in my humble thoughts!

1 Like

Re: The Loopsided Federal Constituencies In Nigeria by yaki84: 11:44am On May 05, 2016
kano 24, lagos 24......but why?
why r some states more honoured n revered than others meanwhile the states more revered contribute less to the federal purse.
to me the best way to get out of these issues is to practicalise the federalism the way the United states of america practise it. anything short of that will be like preaching the vague change being preached by our pastors....do what I say not what I do.
Re: The Loopsided Federal Constituencies In Nigeria by sylvez(m): 8:36pm On Jun 30, 2017
[quote author=blackmatter007 post=45332109][/quote]
Pls can someone explain to me how the constituencies are created and why some states have more or less? thanks
Re: The Loopsided Federal Constituencies In Nigeria by sylvez(m): 8:37pm On Jun 30, 2017
[quote author=blackmatter007 post=45332109][/quote] ok
Re: The Loopsided Federal Constituencies In Nigeria by Desyner: 9:13pm On Jun 30, 2017
blackmatter007:
Stop attempting to blackmail million of innocent SW people. What on earth are you using your head for?

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO: Senator Dino Melaye Hawking Groundnut / IPMAN Commends FG On New Price Of Petrol / FG APPOINTS NEW HEADS FOR NTA, NBC, FRCN, VON AND NOA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.