Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,498 members, 7,914,309 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 10:28 PM

On Tyres: Is It Advisable To Use Tubes Inside Tubeless Tyres - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / On Tyres: Is It Advisable To Use Tubes Inside Tubeless Tyres (1099 Views)

See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia / Lady Teaches Ladies How To Change Car Tyres Better Than Men. / Why The Placing Of A 4-yr Expiry Date For tyres is wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Tyres: Is It Advisable To Use Tubes Inside Tubeless Tyres by tutuwater(m): 2:17pm On May 05, 2016
While travelling on sunday my tyre got damaged on Ife to Ibadan expressway. i hit a pothole hard the rim got bent. Thank God for life mercies. on getting to the vulcanizer. He said to place tubes in all my four tires and that it is better than tubeless on rough terrains.
My question to more experienced fellows, please is it advisable to put tubes in the tires.
Re: On Tyres: Is It Advisable To Use Tubes Inside Tubeless Tyres by toyeoye(m): 3:09pm On May 05, 2016
good question op but did you go ahead to put tubes in them?
Re: On Tyres: Is It Advisable To Use Tubes Inside Tubeless Tyres by AutoJoshNG: 4:07pm On May 05, 2016
tutuwater:
While travelling on sunday my tyre got damaged on Ife to Ibadan expressway. i hit a pothole hard the rim got bent. Thank God for life mercies. on getting to the vulcanizer. He said to place tubes in all my four tires and that it is better than tubeless on rough terrains.
My question to more experienced fellows, please is it advisable to put tubes in the tires.

Hello Tutuwater,

Tubeless is an advancement over the tubed tire. The tubeless can retain air for some minutes or even some weeks after having a cut while the tubed goes flat immediately. It's not advisable to go back to tubed tires.

Autojoshng
Re: On Tyres: Is It Advisable To Use Tubes Inside Tubeless Tyres by MontyNG(m): 4:07pm On May 05, 2016
Please dont!

If you want to switch to Tubed tyres then do that!
Re: On Tyres: Is It Advisable To Use Tubes Inside Tubeless Tyres by tutuwater(m): 5:23pm On May 05, 2016
toyeoye:
good question op but did you go ahead to put tubes in them?
I did for the tyre that got cut.
It didn't leak immediately but I can hear whistling noise. When I got to the vulcanizer. It leaked down immediately. I replaced it with spare and placed tubes inside the the damaged tubeless tyre.
Re: On Tyres: Is It Advisable To Use Tubes Inside Tubeless Tyres by clemz85(m): 6:09pm On May 05, 2016
Under emergency you do that,

From my own experience, tubeless can pick a
Nail and allow you to finish your journey but having tube inside a tubeless tyre leaves you no chance, it picks a nail it goes flat intantly,
I don't know why.
Re: On Tyres: Is It Advisable To Use Tubes Inside Tubeless Tyres by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 05, 2016
The short answer is NO.

There is a reason the world switched to tubeless radials, and marked the sidewalls clearly. Why would you choose to play Russian Roulette with your life?

1 Like

Re: On Tyres: Is It Advisable To Use Tubes Inside Tubeless Tyres by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 05, 2016
I use tubes in tubeless tires all the time on my classic cars.

I quizzed many tire shops and the concensus is that it's safe but downgrade your speed rating by one mark.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Steering Locks After Applying Brake With Ac On / Check Out This Maserati Stellar Dream Supercar Concept Rendering / Toyota Nigeria Accredited Dealers And Their Contacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.