Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,620 members, 7,975,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 03:42 AM

Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps (2270 Views)

5 Former US Presidents Appear On Stage To Raise Fund For Hurricane Victims(pics / The Moment The Trumps Saw The Obamas Off To Waiting Chopper After Swearing-In / White House Staff To Move Out The Obamas & Move In The Trumps In 6 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by ValerianSteel(m): 9:59pm On May 07, 2016
Missy89:

If she wins. There is a good probability that she wont be a 2 term president. But that depends on how fast the GOP can rebuild.
Let's not be ahead of ourselves.Some said same about Obama in 08.Then came Osama's death.

At times policies are not a guarantee for re-election,unexpected events and actions also weigh in.Except Republicans keep Congress to themselves,she'll be re-elected.Hillary has eyed the Oval too long to give it up after one try.
Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Missy89(f): 10:07pm On May 07, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Let's not be ahead of ourselves.Some said same about Obama in 08.Then came Osama's death.

At times policies are not a guarantee for re-election,unexpected events and actions also weigh in.Except Republicans keep Congress to themselves,she'll be re-elected.Hillary has eyed the Oval too long to give it up after one try.

Obama was popular when he won the election in 08. his negatives was very low during the 2012 election. He would have won even without Osama's death. This election is every different since both candidates have high negatives even before the general election.

Hilary will probably win because Trump is more unfavorable to the electorates and a significant faction of his party traditional voters wont vote for him. If the GOP nominate a popular candidate in 2020, It is very possible.
Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by ValerianSteel(m): 10:30pm On May 07, 2016
Missy89:

Obama was popular when he won the election in 08. his negatives was very low during the 2012 election. He would have won even without Osama's death. This election is every different since both candidates have high negatives even before the general election.

Hilary will probably win because Trump is more unfavorable to the electorates and a significant faction of his party traditional voters wont vote for him. If the GOP nominate a popular candidate in 2020, It is very possible.
Obama was viewed favorably by almost all Americans even before his re-election.

In the case a Hillary administration has shortcomings in domestic policy implementations,her favorabilty ratings may soar if events that captures the attention of all Americans surface,that's why I brought up Osama's death as an example.

I wouldn't expect she'd be a total write off on getting things done and winning the hearts of the people.Except she's a complete failure in her first term would she be booted out immediately.If she fairs well above average,the electorates would choose the sitting President over a new Republican face.

Again,let's wait till then before jumping into hasty conclusions.
Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Lucasbalo(m): 1:31am On May 08, 2016
CFCman:

That's why some state republican lawmakers are introducing legislation that essentially limits the voting rights of typical college-aged students.

If only adults aged 30 and above were allowed to vote, we would be talking about President Romney.

Moreover, most of the liberal professors usually teach liberal arts classes ie political science, sociology, global studies etc. Business/finance profs are overwhelmingly conservative or centrist.
One thing Republicons are good at is suppressing the votes. Isn't surprising or appalling for a hawkish people who don't care about 18 year olds going to war for their meaningless goals and telling the same people to wait till they are 30 to be able to vote. What a worthless bunch of people these Right Wingers are.

2 Likes

Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Lucasbalo(m): 1:40am On May 08, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Obama was viewed favorably by almost all Americans even before his re-election.

In the case a Hillary administration has shortcomings in domestic policy implementations,her favorabilty ratings may soar if events that captures the attention of all Americans surface,that's why I brought up Osama's death as an example.

I wouldn't expect she'd be a total write off on getting things done and winning the hearts of the people.Except she's a complete failure in her first term would she be booted out immediately.If she fairs well above average,the electorates would choose the sitting President over a new Republican face.

Again,let's wait till then before jumping into hasty conclusions.
You are absolutely right. It's too early to talk about her reelection now. One thing for sure is that the party of Lincoln is in disarray. It's all to my delight. You see that Titanic sinking fast with a Misorgynistic bigot and a demagogue on top of their ticket.

2 Likes

Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Lucasbalo(m): 1:46am On May 08, 2016
Missy89:

So are you going to post the names of these superpacs or should just take your word for it?

I guess it depends on how you ask the question. In the poll that gives voters two choices -- liberal or conservative -- conservatives have consistently been the majority.

If you don't know Gopacs funded by Koch Brothers and headed by Karl Rove are funding some of these polling outfits. Ditto with George Soro on the left and so many Think Tanks. The bottom line is that 37% is not majority of Americans. Those old white men that are conservatives are dying off anyway and the demographics of America is changing. In less than 40 years, America will be a majority minority country.

1 Like

Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Nobody: 1:53am On May 08, 2016
Lucasbalo:
One thing Republicons are good at is suppressing the votes. Isn't surprising or appalling for a hawkish people who don't care about 18 year olds going to war for their meaningless goals and telling the same people to wait till they are 30 to be able to vote. What a worthless bunch of people these Right Wingers are.
Men, I can't stand the double standards
Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Missy89(f): 2:09am On May 08, 2016
CFCman:

How is that double standard? You have to volunteer to join the military it is not by force. The democrats have started just as many wars like the right. Lucasbalo is sounding very ignorant
Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Nobody: 2:22am On May 08, 2016
Missy89:

How is that double standard? You have to volunteer to join the military it is not by force. The democrats have started just as many wars like the right. Lucasbalo is sounding very ignorant
To be frank, the whole thing about restricting the voting rights of 18-24 yr olds is about political advantage.

I can bet my bank acct that if that demographic had been voting overwhelmingly for the GOP, Republican lawmakers wouldn't be engaging in vote suppression.

Likewise, if undocumented immigrants were swinging towards Republicans, Democrats would be at the forefront of deporting every single one of them.
Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Missy89(f): 2:32am On May 08, 2016
CFCman:

To be frank, the whole thing about restricting the voting rights of 18-24 yr olds is about political advantage.

I can bet my bank acct that if that demographic had been voting overwhelmingly for the GOP, Republican lawmakers wouldn't be engaging in vote suppression.

Likewise, if undocumented immigrants were swinging towards Republicans, Democrats would be at the forefront of deporting every single one of them.

I see your point but that kind of legislation will NEVER happen so if that is the GOP's idea of suppressing votes. It makes no sense.
Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Lucasbalo(m): 2:43am On May 08, 2016
Missy89:

It is about name calling now because we disagree on one issue. I don't support any war . It's just Right wing chicken hawks are more likely to start unnecessary war than democrats.

1 Like

Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Lucasbalo(m): 2:47am On May 08, 2016
CFCman:

Do you know that in some Southern States, student ID is not allowed to present to vote but you can use NRA card to vote. Republicons know if most Americans vote, they will lose most elections hence their vote suppression.
Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Missy89(f): 2:57am On May 08, 2016
Lucasbalo:
It is about name calling now because we disagree on one issue. I don't support any war . It's just Right wing chicken hawks are more likely to start unnecessary war than democrats.

That wasnt meant to offend you.

But the democrats have started unnecessary wars just as much as the republicans have. Korea, Vietnam to name a few. I would guess that your argument against the right is the war in Iraq but most high level democrats also believed that Saddam had wmds. This include people like Bernie Sanders, Pelosi, Hilary ,John Kerry etc

1 Like

Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Lucasbalo(m): 3:59am On May 08, 2016
Missy89:

But the democrats have started unnecessary wars just as much as the republicans have. Korea, Vietnam to name a few. I would guess that your argument against the right is the war in Iraq but most high level democrats also believed that Saddam had wmds. This include people like Bernie Sanders, Pelosi, Hilary ,John Kerry etc
Yes you are correct about Dem
Missy89:

You are correct about some Democrats supporting the war in Iraq. Wrong and misleading intelligence were being distributed to the congress and the people about Saddam Hussein WMD. I am fiercèly anti war unless America is attacked ala Pearl Harbor or about to be attacked. I don't care if the people in the Middle East fights each other off, it's their problem. I don't care for all the American bases all over Europe and Asia. No country on Earth dare attack US without facing a calamity. Let's spend those Hundreds of Billions of dollars fixing American infrastructures which are falling apart like the water pipes in Flint, Michigan . I am a Peacenik and damn proud of it. War doesn't solve any problem.
Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Missy89(f): 4:39am On May 08, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Yes you are correct about DemYou are correct about some Democrats supporting the war in Iraq. Wrong and misleading intelligence were being distributed to the congress and the people about Saddam Hussein WMD. I am fiercèly anti war unless America is attacked ala Pearl Harbor or about to be attacked. I don't care if the people in the Middle East fights each other off, it's their problem. I don't care for all the American bases all over Europe and Asia. No country on Earth dare attack US without facing a calamity. Let's spend those Hundreds of Billions of dollars fixing American infrastructures which are falling apart like the water pipes in Flint, Michigan . I am a Peacenik and damn proud of it. War doesn't solve any problem.

It is cheaper to keep US troops abroad in most cases and if you bring them back home, the budget will actually increase. Take South Korea and Japan for example,they pay around 50 and 40 percent respectively in total cost of keeping US troops based there. If you think there should be a spending cut, mandatory spending is where you should be looking at. So many things to cut there (over 60% of the entire budget)

I really dont think pulling back from Europe or Asia is not a good idea. Allies like the Baltic countries, Korea, Taiwan, Japan etc are counting on US military presence to serve as deterrence and qualitative edge needs to be maintained. Besides, It wont be a popular decision republican or democrat.

Well war have actually solved a lot of problems. The Nazis were defeated by force not diplomacy, North Korea's aggression against the south was repelled by force ( It is now one of the richest countries in Asia).The world is a terrible place and force is always needed to restore order. It is a terrible business but has to be done. Pacifism is noble but not practical

3 Likes

Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Lucasbalo(m): 4:49am On May 08, 2016
Missy89:

It is cheaper to keep US troops abroad in most cases and if you bring them back home, the budget will actually increase. Take South Korea and Japan for example,they pay around 50 and 40 percent respectively in total cost of keeping US troops based there. If you think there should be a spending cut, mandatory spending is where you should be looking at. So many things to cut there (over 60% of the entire budget)

I really dont think pulling back from Europe or Asia is not a good idea. Allies like the Baltic countries, Korea, Taiwan, Japan etc are counting on US military presence to serve as deterrence and qualitative edge needs to be maintained. Besides, It wont be a popular decision republican or democrat.

Well war have actually solved a lot of problems. The Nazis were defeated by force not diplomacy, North Korea's aggression against the south was repelled by force ( It is now one of the richest countries in Asia).The world is a terrible place and force is always needed to restore order. It is a terrible business but has to be done.
Missy , we will agree to disagree on that. I have seen the horrors of war through my two nephews who fought in Iraq and Afghanistan . I belong to a Peacenik Group that believe War is not the answer. I am a Gun Owner with permit in Chicago just for self defense of my family and I. I only believe in self defense and our internationalization of problems I don't care for. That's one of my disagreements with Obama as much as I love him.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prince Harry Confers The Queen's 'companion Of Honour' On Desmond Tutu / African Dictators 2018: List Of African Dictators Still In Power / The Punjab Rape Festival In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.