Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,766 members, 7,952,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:20 AM

Nigeria Army Offer 200,000 to Family of victim killed in Warri.. Sahara Reporter - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigeria Army Offer 200,000 to Family of victim killed in Warri.. Sahara Reporter (914 Views)

Anas Aremeyaw, Ghanaian Masked Reporter Mistaken For Ritualist, Almost Lynched / Reporter Threatened By Don Waney For Posting Negative News Reacts To His Death / Anambra Ritual Murder Update: Family Of Victim Petitions Inspector General Of Po (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Army Offer 200,000 to Family of victim killed in Warri.. Sahara Reporter by goldenceo1: 11:15pm On May 05, 2016
The family of a woman killed by a Nigerian military officer on Saturday in Warri, Delta
State demanded that the perpetrators are
brought to justice.
The son of the deceased, Shedrack Aktarobi,
appealed to the State and federal governments to
immediately intervene in the matter and ensure
that the culprits are held accountable for their
actions.
Alice Aktarobi, a level twelve judicial officer with
Oleh High Court, was on her way to chair the
wedding of her daughter, Joy Aktarobi, before
being killed by a trigger-happy army officer on
April 30, 2016.
The middle-aged woman was reported to have
boarded a commercial tricycle to a relative’s
home near the venue of the wedding in order to
make it on time, as the State-wide compulsory
monthly environmental sanitation was in
progress. The wedding ceremony reportedly
commenced very early in order to beat the
sanitation exercise.
However, the soldiers were said to have flagged
down the tricyclist at Jakpa Junction, claiming it
was not yet 10 a.m., the official time for ending
the environmental sanitation exercise across the
State.
One of the soldiers aimed his gun at the tricycle,
as the rider was apparently not going to stop,
shooting dead the woman in the process.
Woman killed by Nigerian soldieres
It was gathered that the incident occurred at
about 8.30 a.m., although the body of the
deceased woman was taken to the Ekpan police
station later before being taking to the morgue.
Mr. Aktarobi, who narrated the family’s ordeal to
reporters in Warri immediately after a meeting
with the leadership of the Nigerian Army 3
Battalion Effurun, confirmed that the soldier fired
a bullet straight at his mother’s chest.
“We rushed to the scene immediately when we
got the information. Everybody had fled. Even
the team of soldiers that wreaked havoc had
deserted the area. It was only my mother on the
ground in a pool of blood. Later, one of the
soldiers simply identified as E. K. Christian
helped us and we took her to the Ekpan police
station before the police deposited her body in
the morgue.”
A human rights activist, Rockson Igelige, has lent
his voice to the demand for the prosecution of
the officer involved in the heinous act by the
appropriate security agencies. Mr. Igelige warned
that shielding the perpetrator from justice would
encourage more killings, as their actions would
go unpunished.
Meanwhile, the Commanding Officer of the 3
Battalion Effurun Division, Major Azanku, has
offered N200,000 as compensation to the family
to avoid legal battle. It was later gathered that
the family turned down the offer.

source: http://saharareporters.com/2016/05/05/family-woman-killed-nigerian-army-seeks-justice-commanding-officer-offers-n200000

Re: Nigeria Army Offer 200,000 to Family of victim killed in Warri.. Sahara Reporter by KenJak(m): 11:17pm On May 05, 2016
okay
Re: Nigeria Army Offer 200,000 to Family of victim killed in Warri.. Sahara Reporter by gmacnoms(m): 11:56pm On May 05, 2016
Can u imagine d insult and cowardice: 200k for unprofessional act dat is even capable of dismissal and prosecution?

Btw, sm1 needs help b4 he goes blind

https://www.nairaland.com/3088744/friend-developing-eye-problem
Re: Nigeria Army Offer 200,000 to Family of victim killed in Warri.. Sahara Reporter by nwaanambra1(m): 1:18am On May 06, 2016
[size=14pt]200,000 thousand Naira (approximately US$700) offered as compensation for wanton wastage of life of a level 12 high court officer!

what else can i say?

a little deduction and addition and see how cheap a Nigerian citizens life is measured in the eyes of our security personnel!

all can now see why they waste the life of the citizenry without qualms - cause to them its worthless! Its sad!

In a sane society, the officer that made this offer and the worthless officer that killed the woman will be dismissed from the force and be made to face trial for manslaughter! But i guess such will not happen in Nigeria - i stand to be proven wrong.

Some of the reasons i campaigned and voted for Buhari was because i believed he has what it takes to put our armed force in check and made them respect lives of the citizenry. I voted him with the deep believe that he has what it takes to restore sanity in Nigeria. I voted him because i felt that being a man who has sacrificed for the unity of this country, he will do his damnedest best to unite the nation.

But the scorecard for his 8 months in office is so filled with blood - Ipod bloods, Shiite bloods, agatu bloods, enugu bloods and so many innocent bloods lost thru road accident, non-functional hospitals, almost comatose economy that have drive many into suicide and soo many other sad events. For 8 months of Buharis governance, his government has not given nigerians any reason to smile. Am beginning to believe the saying that you will never know a mans heart until you give him power.

I sincerely hope he will not fail us that so believed in him.

RIP to the unfortunate woman whose supposed happiest day was tuned to a day of unforgettable sorrow for the family she left behind just for the simple reason that she was so unfortunate to be born in a hell hole called Nigeria. [/size]

(1) (Reply)

Abomination! Heartless Father R*pes Daughter In Front Of His Other Children / FRESH: Alfa Strangles A 23- Year Old Man To Death At Ilesha Because Of This / Nairabet Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.