Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,812 members, 7,902,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 12:54 PM

Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay (19755 Views)

If Jonathan Had Another 3yrs We All Will Be Crossing Sahara To Libya - Itse Saga / Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe / Boko Haram Is Yet To Be Defeated - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay by compujyde: 1:34pm On May 06, 2016
Re: Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay by Kaira333: 1:35pm On May 06, 2016
Dis man is high on German weed. He is too sily to say dat rubbish. When will people call a spade a spade?
Re: Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay by MIM77(m): 1:37pm On May 06, 2016
Sweetguy25:
Corruption is not Nigeria's problem.
Besides, this Sagay of a man is a shameless and ignorant liar.
Buhari is the architect of his misfortunes. That the economy is in shambles today is purely Buhari's fault. It took the dullard six months to appoint ministers. SiX good months.
The economy would have been better if the dullard had hit the ground running. That is
1. If he had appointed ministers three weeks after he was sworn in.
2.[s] If he had discarded Jonathans budget and came up with his own budget[/s]
3. If he wasn't travelling like a lose bird.

The dullard had some goodwill when he was elected - the stock market rallied, there was electricty, the was fuel and his supporters were happpy. People (not me) were expecting change but the dullard blew it away and dashed their hopes.
That Buhari's regime has failed and will fail is his fault.

I hate when Nigerians call another country a "failed country". You have no right to call another country failed because is Nigeria is also one - a failed country.

How can he discard a budget that has already been passed to law and implementation on course?
Mr Man, sentiments aside, so many things were not working right-may be you have forgotten. At that time, all indicators showed that there would be hardship in the future (i. e. now) should the oil price continue to decline which eventually happened. The last time the oil price was above the oil price benchmark of $53 was in July, 2015 i.e. $57. In August, 2015 it was $47.09, September ($48.08), October ($48.86), November ($44.82), December ($37.cool. In 2016, the highest it went in the 1st quarter (i. e. end of the budget year) was in the region of $39 and at point it went as low as $27 or so.
The Federal Government lost nearly 500 billion naira between August 2015 and March, 2016 (8 months out of 12months) because crude oil was sold at about an average of $10/barrel below the oil price benchmark of $53. The amount lost because of the decline in oil price is part of the projected revenue in the 2015 budget.
So many projects that were captured in the 2015 budget couldn't be executed because of this singular reason. It doesn't matter who is on throne because the global oil price is not within the control of the person.
May God bless Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 06, 2016
Sweetguy25:

You must be a fool to think I give a damn about who's the president of this useless country and where he comes from.
But you're obviously a bigot, so you definately give a damn. There are better ways of making it in life other than corruption, you and your brothers should better know this.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay by Mustay(m): 1:38pm On May 06, 2016
malton:
I agree with that.
Buhari's competence in areas where Jonathan was most incompetent proved him a compelling choice. . .

Succinctly written. I like the way you composed the message and 'narrated' it.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay by Ugosample(m): 1:41pm On May 06, 2016
7lives:

Get your facts right, when Europe was in recession your country was selling crude oil at high price, believing that the party will not stop.

That is wrong... .. Stop talking about what you don't know.

Oui prices hit rock bottom during the recession. Get your facts right
Re: Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay by shugaboy6102(m): 1:43pm On May 06, 2016
All i see are people supporting APC,PDP,buhari,Jonathan etc But no one really supports Nigerians.ordinary citizens spends time and energy supporting politicians why we end up throwing up sentiments and hates among ourselves.Buhari and Jonathan will pass away someday and Nigeria will still remain so pls let's become pro Nigeria in our outlook and leave party sentiments.God help Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay by AreaFada2: 1:46pm On May 06, 2016
crisycent:
Is Nigeria not as good as a collapsed nation?

Help ask that pomo & abode mouth call Sagay abi na suwegbe be his name. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay by Nusaf: 1:47pm On May 06, 2016
shugaboy6102:
All i see are people supporting APC,PDP,buhari,Jonathan etc But no one really supports Nigerians.ordinary citizens spends time and energy supporting politicians why we end up throwing up sentiments and hates among ourselves.Buhari and Jonathan will pass away someday and Nigeria will still remain so pls let's become pro Nigeria in our outlook and leave party sentiments.God help Nigeria
Supporting the leadership of a country is not too different from supporting the country.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay by MIM77(m): 1:52pm On May 06, 2016
Amitex:

Do you mind these masturbators? It took him 6 months to appoint ministers, while at that he started playing "try your Luck" with the economy. Today is May 6, 2016, he has not yet assented to budget he submitted to NASS in 2015.

Tell me how the last administration contributed to the current fuel shortage!
Tell me how the last administration contributed to Zero power generation from about 5000MW handed over to Buhari!
Tell me how the last administration contributed to inconclusive elections, inconclusive budget, inconclusive Boko haram defeat, inconclusive electricity, inconclusive asset declaration, inconclusive government!!!
Was it the past administration that has created the disaffection between the executive and NASS?
Was it Jonathan that re-introduced dual exchange rate? Creating fraud in an otherwise sanitized system!!
Was it Jonathan that has made it impossible for a government to pay salaries?
Is it Jonathan that has been making provocative statements against a Niger-Delta militants that were at peace with government for 6 years?
Is it Jonathan that has made Boko Haram to be in control of over 4 LGAs?
Was it Jonathan that "helped" remove Nigeria from list of fast growing economy to nothingness?
Or the Fulani Herdsmen are working for Jonathan!!!
Thought THERE IS NOTHING LIKE SUBSIDY, today they are paying what does not exist

Confused government with more followers. They thought government was rhetoric!!!

JESTERS!!!

The 2016 budget has just been assented.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay by obailala(m): 1:59pm On May 06, 2016
Re: Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay by Juliuzy(m): 2:13pm On May 06, 2016
you are a confused old fool... Nigerian future no long lies in Jonathan's hand, he can only be remembered when we talk about history..... let's stop the blaming game

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay by sammhi(m): 2:17pm On May 06, 2016
I do not agree with Sagay because in life generally, it is easier to manage small resources than a big one..
even you on a personal level when you earn more money , you tend to be a bit reckless with Moni...but when the Moni is reduced, you will come to your senses..
if someone cannot manage small resources, it will be difficult to give him big one to manage...
most times, if you can't manage large amount of money , they move you to smaller unit... and see
so based on this , I won't agree with Sagay...
if is good we had PMB and let us see how it will turn out by end of 2017...period
Re: Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay by dammytosh: 2:26pm On May 06, 2016
malton:
I agree with that.

Buhari's competence in areas where Jonathan was most incompetent proved him a compelling choice.

It's rather shallow of some people to think it as a gang up between the North and West. A lot wasn't going for the country at the time. It's only natural that discerning minds demand a change of course. It's normal that beneficiaries of the abyss be conservative. I'm only surprised that they've taken to horrendous acts to spite the people and government of the day after losing in a contested election.

Jonathan himself foresaw his impending loss and did everything in his power to bring it to a halt. Obviously, he was oblivious of the fact that the course of destiny can never be altered.

Like I said on another thread, Nigerians should rather be thankful for the change, were it not so, things could have been worse by now. Imagine experiencing such economic downturn coupled with pilfering, cronyism and rarefaction... that's some hell!

Re: Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay by odehman: 2:36pm On May 06, 2016
Sweetguy25:
Buhari is the architect of his misfortunes. That the economy is in shambles today is purely Buhari's fault. It took the dullard six months to appoint ministers. SiX good months.
The economy would have been better if the dullard had hit the ground running. That is
2. If he had discarded Jonathans budget and came up with his own budget

The dullard had some goodwill when he was elected - the stock market rallied, there was electricty, the was fuel and his supporters were happpy. People (not me) were expecting change but the dullard blew it away and dashed their hopes.

I hate when Nigerians call another country a "failed country". You have no right to call another country failed because is Nigeria is also one - a failed country.
yes I no na mental case
Re: Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay by shawlix(m): 2:37pm On May 06, 2016
In a Yoruba Proverb.. Gbe Epo, ki o gbe Omi, ka wo eyi to wuwo ji. (Translation: Carry Palm oil and carry water and lets see which one is more heavier) I reserve my comments.....
Re: Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 06, 2016
DONSMITH123:
Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee on War Against Corruption, Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), Thursday declared that Nigeria would have completely collapsed like Zimbabwe had former President Goodluck Jonathan won the 2015 presidential election.
The radical lawyer while expressing his disappointment at the level of corruption that reigned during the administration of Jonathan, said by now the country would have been under the yoke of ferocious economic disaster if the President Muhammadu Buhari administration had not emerged.

Sagay made this stand in Abuja at the anti-corruption summit organized by the Open Society Initiative for West Africa, in conjunction with ONE Africa to brainstorm on issues ahead of the May 12 global anti-corruption summit in London.

While lamenting that corruption was fighting back in Nigeria very vigorously to frustrate the current anti-corruption war of the Buhari administration, he disclosed that those fighting back were corrupt Nigerians with huge war chest at their disposal.

Sagay said: “Given the unrestrained stealing and the enormous economic pillage under the Jonathan administration, it is not a surprise that the Nigerian economy is lying prostrate. The present administration needs time to fill in the big holes that were left by the previous administration.

“It is, therefore, irrational for anybody with perverse mentality to say that they should bring back corruption. The truth is if Jonathan had won the 2015 election, by now Nigeria would have completely become a failed state like Zimbabwe with huge inflation rate of N10 billion, or probably all of us would have to carry our little belongings to seek refuge in neighbouring countries.

“Nigeria would have witnessed a ferocious economic disaster if the Buhari administration had not emerged. All that is going on now is the rebuilding process of the economy that was so destroyed by the previous administration. Those praying for the return of Jonathan should thank God for not answering their prayers because it would have been a terrible nightmare.

“We must be patient and rational in our thinking for the inevitable change of the Buhari administration to come. It will surely come, but it is not a magic wand.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/05/06/nigeria-would-have-collapsed-if-jonathan-had-defeated-buhari-in-2015-sagay/
hope he is a saint too
Re: Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay by skeges: 2:42pm On May 06, 2016
100%
Re: Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay by ogmask: 2:42pm On May 06, 2016
erico2k2:

List two policies the PMB administration put in place while to warrant this aclaimed change. Just two I am waiting.if not I got a name to give

What a lame question. Be sharp. Ask for the administration's economic policy direction instead. What is list 2 policies put in place. Hear yourself.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay by ogmask: 2:47pm On May 06, 2016
dragonking2:
989900 you can see what am talking about...instead of focusing on government and economic policies that would move the country forward they keep going back to the past...Gej is out of power for about a year now yet they keep reminding us every day about how gej stole fictitious billions, how he would have been a disaster etc...Yet they are yet to tell us the plans they have for us.

Go take a look at the budget I am sure it will address your worry.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay by DrHighchief(m): 2:48pm On May 06, 2016
But there were perm secs
Sweetguy25:

Re: Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay by bskyb(m): 2:56pm On May 06, 2016
[color=#990000][quotehavtguy25 post=45357893]Corruption is not Nigeria's problem.
Besides, this Sagay of a man is a shameless and ignorant li
1. If he had appointed ministers three weeks[color=#990000]
after he was sworn in.
3. If he wasn't travelling like a lose bird.[/color]

I hate when Nigerians call another country a "failed country". You have no right to call another country failed because is Nigeria is also one - a failed country.[/quote
]

Do you mean that if he had appointed ministers early, Nigeria's earnings would have improved? And the price of oil, which is our main source of fx would hve miraculously increased.

Discard GEJs budget??
How do you discard a budget that has been signed into LAW. That would be an impeacheable offence.

And to say 75 people liked this post.

God help us

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay by shellworker: 2:58pm On May 06, 2016
chally02:
Who is this man, is he God to know that Nigeria would have collapsed had Goodluck won the election. Nigeria survived the worst global recession under Goodluck in 2009/2010 so who told him Goodluck wouldn't have managed this better. Below is a little description of 2010 global recession from wikipedia yet it Nigeria didn't feel it like what is happening now in this administration.

"The 2009 global recession, also known as the Great Recession, was by far the worst of the four postwar recessions, both in terms of the number of countries
affected and the decline in real World
GDP per capita." Wikipedia

They had better wake up and stop giving lame excuses for failure.

"Leadership is about taking responsibility, not making excuses."
by Mitt Romney

Can't u see his vitamin lacking lips, asuaging that Nigeria would ve collapsed if Jonathan had won. Can he say one economic policy of Buhari that is impacting positively on Nigeria?

If he does not criticize the past administration is it the government of his payed clueless, senseless and tribalistic master that he will criticize?

NO fuel, no light, intimidation, abuse of freedom and human rights, etc. God will judge Buhari.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay by magaux: 3:06pm On May 06, 2016
naza9ja:
Who is this one? angry
Abeg follow me ask, even after one year, a fool is still waiting for the so called change, is it when Fulani herdsmen takes over the whole eastern states, or N50 can no longer buy pure water that the change will come? my dear wake u from your slumber while u still can
Re: Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay by shellman: 3:13pm On May 06, 2016
chally02:
Who is this man, is he God to know that Nigeria would have collapsed had Goodluck won the election. Nigeria survived the worst global recession under Goodluck in 2009/2010 so who told him Goodluck wouldn't have managed this better. Below is a little description of 2010 global recession from wikipedia yet it Nigeria didn't feel it like what is happening now in this administration.

"The 2009 global recession, also known as the Great Recession, was by far the worst of the four postwar recessions, both in terms of the number of countries
affected and the decline in real World
GDP per capita." Wikipedia
Jonathan had not been bitten by that virus of Corruption &Impunity by 2009&2010Thoughts of exploiting Boko Haram defence spending to further serve personal interests had not crept to Jonathan's administration by then. We should thank God Jonathan was not.given an opportunity to continue This country would have found itself in irrecoverable abyss

They had better wake up and stop giving lame excuses for failure.

"Leadership is about taking responsibility, not making excuses."
by Mitt Romney
Re: Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay by Fizzbizzie(m): 3:22pm On May 06, 2016
Pavarottii:
If after a year, u still calling GEJ.
Den u r a Mad man.

He will be called for decades cos he really let Nigerians down..and the wounds won't heal in a year except you want to lie to yourselves

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay by brojoshua: 3:40pm On May 06, 2016
Those who can think and a rational don't need an expert or a prophet to tell them that, but only those who are evil, wicked and corrupt themselves.
God still love Nigeria that is while He uprooted that government and installed another but only those who have eyes to see and minds to think can understand.
And let those of us Nigerians who can't be patient, for the trouble almost all of us brought upon ourselves and endure the punishment God brought upon us because of our wickedness, go and perish in their wickedness. It is another acts of wickedness for people to be complaining about the problems they brought upon themselves and the punishment of those problems by God, yes God is punishing us in Nigeria for our sins.
And another thing while God is punishing us all for our past sins, He is also waiting patiently for almost all of us who are still wicked to turn from our wickedness that He may cause good to come our ways in Nigeria.
Let those of us who are still wicked in Nigeria turn from their evil ways that God also may relent and remove pains and hardship from us and cause His blessings to rest on us.
Thank you
Re: Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay by Kenmoris22: 3:48pm On May 06, 2016
Sweetguy25:

Jonathan is the worst thing that have happened to nigeria

Re: Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay by biodun83L(m): 5:05pm On May 06, 2016
Sweetguy25:

but u just called nigeria a failed country too foooooooooooooool
Re: Nigeria Would Have Collapsed If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari In 2015 – Sagay by ozoemenafn: 5:13pm On May 06, 2016
This is absolute rubbish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Buhari Is Seen To Be Underperforming, His Govt Is Hijacked - Lawal Idris / Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands / Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.