Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,346 members, 7,891,543 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 02:45 PM

Why Switzerland Houses Some Notable Headquarters In The World - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Switzerland Houses Some Notable Headquarters In The World (1284 Views)

PDP Welcomes Atiku With A Banner At Their Headquarters In Abuja (Photos) / Gunmen Attack EFCC Headquarters In Abuja (photos) / Fayose Shuts NSCDC Headquarters In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Switzerland Houses Some Notable Headquarters In The World by ademolaaoc(m): 11:11am On May 06, 2016
Do you have an IDEA why Switzerland houses some vital and key headquarters in the world?
I.e FIFA Headquarters, WORLD BANK HQT's among others.
Re: Why Switzerland Houses Some Notable Headquarters In The World by joyandfaith: 11:15am On May 06, 2016
ademolaaoc:
Do you have an IDEA why Switzerland houses some vital and key headquarters in the world?
I.e FIFA Headquarters, WORLD BANK HQT's among others.
because they are neutral in second world war and most international conflicts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Switzerland Houses Some Notable Headquarters In The World by labamo07(m): 11:40am On May 06, 2016
Switzerland is neutral, and Geneva has the resources to host such VIP missions ( and Geneva is a nice city besides ), many international organizations are housed in the city.This makes it ideal for international organizations, or organs of those international organizations to be housed in a Swiss city, as all nations can be reasonably assured that the host country is impartial, and has had no part in unethical activities ( such as bugging diplomats' rooms, or the assembly headquarters etc.). Further, they can be assured that diplomatic pouches and other such instruments of secrecy, which are imperative for diplomatic activity, are not tampered with, and the contents have remained safe....................................

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Switzerland Houses Some Notable Headquarters In The World by ademolaaoc(m): 2:18pm On May 06, 2016
labamo07:
Switzerland is neutral, and Geneva has the resources to host such VIP missions ( and Geneva is a nice city besides ), many international organizations are housed in the city.This makes it ideal for international organizations, or organs of those international organizations to be housed in a Swiss city, as all nations can be reasonably assured that the host country is impartial, and has had no part in unethical activities ( such as bugging diplomats' rooms, or the assembly headquarters etc.). Further, they can be assured that diplomatic pouches and other such instruments of secrecy, which are imperative for diplomatic activity, are not tampered with, and the contents have remained safe....................................

Labam I think the 'Impartial' aspect and non involvement in unethical activities makes the whole story lovely.

kindly help me educate my Facebook friends with this comment. thank you. Facebook.com/ademolatdm

1 Like

Re: Why Switzerland Houses Some Notable Headquarters In The World by labamo07(m): 2:43pm On May 06, 2016
ademolaaoc:

Labam I think the 'Impartial' aspect and non involvement in unethical activities makes the whole story lovely.

kindly help me educate my Facebook friends with this comment. thank you. Facebook.com/ademolatdm
Will be glad to do so when called upon. Will follow up with the link you sent.............

1 Like

Re: Why Switzerland Houses Some Notable Headquarters In The World by NwaNimo1(m): 2:58pm On May 06, 2016
Its a jewish stronghold....
Re: Why Switzerland Houses Some Notable Headquarters In The World by ademolaaoc(m): 4:18am On May 07, 2016
NwaNimo1:
Its a jewish stronghold....
How?
Re: Why Switzerland Houses Some Notable Headquarters In The World by OlujobaSamuel: 7:35am On May 07, 2016
No allegiance during world war and high level of Duty of Secrecy in their banking sector. It makes perfect sense to do all your secure business with them.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo blames oil companies for Nigeria’s electricity crisis / Gov Ambode Commissioned Newly Built Segregated Bus Park At Berger Bus Stop / See The Difference Between Govt Club And Private Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.