Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,064 members, 7,906,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 07:22 PM

Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. (13996 Views)

10 Things To Never Say To Your Boss / Signs You’re Too Close To Your Boss / You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. by distilledwalex(m): 2:23pm On May 06, 2016
You know, lying is never a good idea; this is especially true when it comes to lying to your boss. But infrequently, it’s okay to tell little white lies, like when you say you need to take a long lunch for a doctor’s appointment when you are actually having a long lunch with your friend. Or, for example, the impulsive little lie you say when your boss asks if you called that client you promised you would when in fact you don’t even know what client he is talking about.
At first, these little lies are harmless; as long as you are careful enough to cover your tracks. However, this is not always the case. You can’t always be lucky; there will be times where your boss catches you lying.
So, how do you handle such situations and avoid being the deceitful, unreliable employee of the office? Well, here are a few steps to follow:
 Do Not Extend The Limit Lies
It happens to the best of us; we get caught in a circle of lies, we are tempted to lie in order to cover our previous lie. But, this can only cause you more trouble as you will have to tell another lie to cover the lie you used to cover the first lie, and then tell another lie to cover all three lies and so on. Anyway, you get my point. So, in the case of the client call event, if your boss confronts you and tells you that you never made that call, don’t deny it because if they find out you keep lying, then I am pretty sure they will eventually fire you.
 Accept Your Mistake And Apologise
So, as soon as he confronts you, just answer with a simple yet sincere apology saying you were sorry you weren’t honest about the client- make sure that it’s sincere and conveys regret. You must not deny that you lied, instead agree to the mistake you did and apologize for it. Assure the boss that you will not lie from the very next time and will remain true to him or her.
 Explain The Whole Situation
If it was your need to lie, you must give an explanation to the boss regarding the mindset you had. May be the lie was not for some malicious purpose. So, if it was not, give the proper explanation to the boss and it will help you a lot in soothing the whole situation. Now the question may arise that, will your explanation give a hundred percent excuse to you? No, this certainly will not happen, but yes it will add a human element to the situation and will help your boss to see the similar situation from your perspective or eyes.
 Tackle The Issue Right Away
So, if the client issue needs to be dealt with immediately, assure your boss that you are going to tackle the issue right away, or if not right away, give them a precise time frame. Or if you are unsure how to make the follow-up call ask for your boss’s advice on how to best handle it. This way your boss will be reassured that you are going to rectify the situation effectively and without any further delays.
 There Won't Be Next Time
Now that you have dealt with the current lie, your final step should be to reassure your boss that it won’t happen again in the future and if you're feeling anxious about a client again, let them know that you will seek guidance from them straight away.
This way you will show your regret and dedication to your work so that you can reestablish your boss’s trust.
Of course, the best thing is to avoid lying to your boss in the first place. But, we all lie to our bosses sometimes. Nevertheless, we should all try to have an open and honest relationship with both our coworkers and managers so we can always feel comfortable in our jobs.
Source: www.job.naij.com

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. by Nobody: 6:25am On May 08, 2016
JESUS,JESUS,FTC THINGS.LORD MAY ALL THE GIRLS ON THIS THREAD KPEKUZ NEVER OOZE LIKE AUNTY BLOGGER OWN,MAY THE BOYS ON THIS THREAD NEVER EXPERIENCE EDIBLE CATERING SERVICES,MAY ALL YOUR SUCCESS STORIES BE LOUDER THAN WIZKID'S VOICE IN ONE DANCE,AND THE CHURCH SAYS,AMEN.by the way OP wetin you dey yarn? cos i sure say u never baff.GODBLESS AIRFORCE1,IYANGBALI,NAIJABOIY,AND ALL THE CRAZE MOD'S WEY DEY BAN ME ANYHOW.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. by djmummy: 6:25am On May 08, 2016
Interesting.

In reality though the best thing would be not to lie in the first place

1 Like

Re: Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. by Flexherbal(m): 6:27am On May 08, 2016
Ok, it's a very useful post.

1 Like

Re: Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. by Johnheir2(m): 6:28am On May 08, 2016
Not for my boss

2 Likes

Re: Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. by edlion57(m): 6:29am On May 08, 2016
Lie doesn't pay....it is beta he trust u

1 Like

Re: Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. by Gistspeep: 6:30am On May 08, 2016
Very interesting post.

Keep it up

1 Like

Re: Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. by VocalWalls: 6:35am On May 08, 2016
Lol

1 Like

Re: Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. by GoodGodGoodGod: 6:37am On May 08, 2016
Na wash... dnt lie @ all

1 Like

Re: Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. by richardohiemi: 6:37am On May 08, 2016
start speaking in tongues!!

1 Like

Re: Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. by barayci(m): 6:38am On May 08, 2016
nice

1 Like

Re: Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. by PoundedYam(m): 6:40am On May 08, 2016
Apart from Lai Muhammad,
Who Lie Don Epp

7 Likes

Re: Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. by eHydrated(m): 6:40am On May 08, 2016
Lie mk your pant catch Fire

1 Like

Re: Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. by chinexxx(m): 6:46am On May 08, 2016
On point! Some people will still be stammering out more lies and the boss b thinking like "when u're done lying, you'll be lucky to still have a job.

1 Like

Re: Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. by Fernandowski(m): 6:59am On May 08, 2016
not for those of us that got bsc. in lying

2 Likes

Re: Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. by obontami: 7:00am On May 08, 2016
We need more of this kinda thread in the front page not tiwa,tonto,snakes and all that shitty threads

Nice one op cool

1 Like

Re: Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. by Dobxy(m): 7:05am On May 08, 2016
Lie is never a good option but at times 'We Lie To Live'

1 Like

Re: Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. by Akalia(m): 7:12am On May 08, 2016
Peddling official lie is a handy tool in the corporate circle but it should not be abused.

1 Like

Re: Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. by M4gunners: 7:21am On May 08, 2016
Teacher of lies continue. This Sunday early morning, all you can teach us is hw to lie to our boss.Your reward is not in heaven, but right here on earth.

1 Like

Re: Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. by Nobody: 7:30am On May 08, 2016
Ok.
Like If you think it's true.
Happy Mother's Day to all Mothers.

2 Likes

Re: Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. by ybalogs(m): 7:30am On May 08, 2016
Do not lie, chikena. How's that hard to adhere to?

1 Like

Re: Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. by Nobody: 7:33am On May 08, 2016
How i look wen i told a lie and d truth eventually surfaced and am asked to explain mysef...

4 Likes

Re: Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. by Nobody: 7:40am On May 08, 2016
Moral of the story - Do not lie... unless of course u are related to LIE Mohammed.. grin

1 Like

Re: Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. by EddyNumerouno(m): 7:45am On May 08, 2016
In the office, a little lie once in a while is necessary. In the forest, the straightest trees are usually felled first

1 Like

Re: Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. by Adonis3: 7:45am On May 08, 2016
who lie don epp??undecided

#Adonis3HasSopken

1 Like

Re: Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:57am On May 08, 2016
Re: Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. by gbemoh: 7:57am On May 08, 2016
Last year December, we had a major project we needed to fast track, I new I was to stay, but I lied saying I was going to SA for vacation and my boss bought it. I called him later that evening to apologize cos I lied and was jus going to Ibadan for Christmas. Since then he sees me as that dude that has no mind to lie.
Re: Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:57am On May 08, 2016
Truth be told, lies are important, knowing when to lie is equally as important as lie itself
Re: Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. by steinalb(m): 8:04am On May 08, 2016
How to deal with an unpleasant coworker

http://eagletechng.com/dealing-unpleasant-coworker/

Re: Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. by Dannidom(m): 8:41am On May 08, 2016
In all your getting get wisdom

The only truth is knowing what to do and at the right time

1 Like

Re: Best Things To Do When Your Boss Catches You In Lie. by Skykid1208(m): 8:54am On May 08, 2016
But people can lie for AFRICA
Some People like go provoke Devil too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are The Disadavantages Of Studying Medicine At Age 29 / Seven (7) Top Excuses On The Road To Success. / Africa Is Experiencing “brain Gain” As Young Elite Graduates Give Up On The West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.