Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,372 members, 7,884,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 04:15 PM

The Good, The Acceptable And The Perfect Will Of God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Good, The Acceptable And The Perfect Will Of God. (1490 Views)

As A Christian, Is Court Wedding In Place Of Church Wedding Acceptable By God? / Is Abuse An Acceptable Reason For Divorce? / No Acceptable Reasons For Missing Church Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Good, The Acceptable And The Perfect Will Of God. by Gombs(m): 7:23am On May 07, 2016
Romans 12

1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Meditation and giving up your thoughts for God's thoughts is very important for the Christian. From the above we've charged to be transformed (transfigured) by the renewing of our mind by the Word.

It's the only way to be able to prove What's the good, acceptable and the Perfect will of God. Let me explain these in detail.

When the word of God gains ascendency in your life, at the beginning level, through the word of God, we know the good will of God because the good will of God is revealed in the Word. Then the Word, as it builds you up, it delivers you to the Lordship of love. When love gains dominion over your life, it begins to reveal to your the acceptable will of God.

What then is the acceptable will of God? The Acceptable will of God is that will of God that you DO NOT FIND in the written Word about life's issues, but because you're walking in love, you can know what to do and when you do it in love, God accepts it as His acceptable will. He accepts it, because it's an act of love.

In summary the things we do out of God's love, even though the written word says nothing about it, but because we acted in love, God accepts it. It's a higher level in the Christian faith. Now, God never talks confusing, notice He said, the Good, The Acceptable and the Perfect will .

So, as we could not find ABC about a subject in the written word, you could not quote a particular scripture about that thing, but because you acted in love, it's acceptable with God. Please note, until you walk in love, you'd never know the acceptable will of God. When things face you in life, you begin to ask "is it right
", "is it wrong? ", because you actually don't know and can't find a scripture about it, hence you're confused. But when you begin to walk in love, you begin to release the mind of God.

Let me give you an example in the bible. When you study the writings of Paul, in certain cases, you find he says;

I have no commandment of the Lord about this, but I speak as one that's been given favour of God.

1Co 7:25 Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgment, as one that hath obtained mercy of the Lord to be faithful.

1Co 7:6 But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment.

2Co 8:8 I speak not by commandment, but by occasion of the forwardness of others, and to prove the sincerity of your love.

Etc

Paul had the audacity to speak in the place of the Lord, about certain actions and about certain things, that the Lord hadn't said anything about. He dared speak in the place of God, and it was accepted as scriptures for us,because he spoke in love, for God and for us.

This is the acceptable will of God, a higher level, where/when issues come up and you think with God, with the eyes of live with the mind if love, you've been trained in the walk of love by the Spirit, through the Word, and you look now at a situation, and you understand the mind of God concerning it from a higher perspective, and then you speak for God...and God says "that's right, son!"

You know God hasn't said anything specifically about a matter or situation, but now you spoke on His behalf and He accepts it.

The last of it is the perfect will of God. Now, firstly you have to understand that you first yield yourself to the lordship of the word so that it gains ascendency in your life. Then the word moves you to the next level where you yield to the lordship of love, and live gains the mastery, now you understand the good will of God (because it's written in the book), the acceptable will (because you walk in love)... This moves you to the next, the lordship of the Spirit.

When you deliver yourself to the lordship of the Spirit, it means you're now learning to walk with the Holy Ghost. Let me take you to 2 Corinthians 13:14

1 Like

Re: The Good, The Acceptable And The Perfect Will Of God. by Gombs(m): 7:23am On May 07, 2016
When you deliver yourself to the lordship of the Spirit, it means you're now learning to walk with the Holy Ghost. Let me take you to 2 Corinthians 13:14

14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

Now understand this, he said "The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ", and I told you you give your self over to the word of His grace, the lordship of the word. The next thing is the love of God, the lordship of love in your life. The third one is the communion of the Spirit. It's talking about the lordship of the spirit which comes through fellowship. It's an intercourse with the Spirit of God, it's an intimacy with the Spirit of God. He ceases to be thing or phenomenon, or smoke or cloud... He becomes a person in your life, one that has emotions.

As you learn the personality of the Spirit, knowing that He's wiser than you and then you'd find Him building you up. He's able. Yielding and learning to walk with the Spirit launches you into His perfect will,where you are in the center of His will for your life, and hence can never go wrong.

#shalom

1 Like

Re: The Good, The Acceptable And The Perfect Will Of God. by Gombs(m): 7:24am On May 07, 2016
Re: The Good, The Acceptable And The Perfect Will Of God. by akpaan(m): 4:20pm On Aug 22, 2022
timely piece

(1) (Reply)

See Most Handsome Pastors In Nigeria 2016 / Nigerians React To Harvesters International Church New Offerings/tithe System / LIST: Real Reasons Why People Go To Church. Truth We All Know But Dont Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.