Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,301 members, 7,881,106 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:33 PM

Why You Should Not Invest So Much In Graduating With A First Class - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why You Should Not Invest So Much In Graduating With A First Class (340 Views)

Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba / The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Graduating With Second Class Lower / Abubakar Umar Awarded Scholarship In Cyprus After Graduating With First Class (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Not Invest So Much In Graduating With A First Class by alexisgist(m): 8:19am On May 07, 2016
It is so rare to see and first class graduate with a grade one personality, while in a university, too much time and too much zeal are spent in possesing a good
grade. In chasing this we forgot to get a charming personality not a personality of wizkid, Olamide, or Davido I'm talking about the personality of Frank Edoh of who wants to be a Millionaire , Jide Ogunsanya of ogbonge blogs, Seun Osewa of nairaland and a lot more of them, After investing all energies in getting the first class grades, we come back into a society where first class grades doesn't mean so much as having a first class personality.

It's easy to pass exam in school after reading, comprehending,memorizing and understanding, but here in our society, there is no certain book of life to progress, life it's not understandable, it's confusing, no memorizing, no exams, and no comprehending, it's just you and your inbuilt capability which require no contest and compete with nobody.

When you look at our society the influential people, I mean those who made it, those who are making it and those who will make it arguably they are people who hardly make good grades in school, that's when you see them comming out with their quotes for instance Bill Gates once said
"I failed in some subjects in exam, but my friend passed in all. Now he is an engineer in Microsoft and I am the owner of Microsoft.''
Seun of Nairaland should be earning around $3500 monthly if not more than that and he is also into millions of people daily, why is he into millions of people daily? Nairaland has millions of view daily to visit Nairaland daily implies it's in you and when it's in you Seun is in your mind.
His forum has been of great help i call Nairaland an 'Online School" because have leant a lot there.
And my list is not complete without Mr Jide Ogunsanya he is a Web designer, tech expert and..... In fact I call him "Technology Google', he is influencing lifes and making a substantial income, Jidetheblogger is making waves in blogging and also impacting knowledge to fellow bloggers.
I talked about networking and technologies because that's what I do best,
Those people stated above aren't a first class graduate if I'm right, but they are successful in their field because they have the passion to innovate new things.

Prof. Abletor Sedofia from University of Ghana has
this to say to us:
“Academic excellence is overrated! Did I just say that? Oh, yes, I said it. Being top of your class does not necessarily ensure that you will be at the top of life. You could be the best graduating student in Finance but it doesn’t mean you will make more money than everybody else. The best graduating Law student does not necessarily become the best lawyer.

The fact is life requires more than the ability to understand a concept, memorise it and reproduce it in an exam. School rewards people for their memory. Life rewards people for their imagination and innovations. School rewards caution, life rewards daring. School hails those who live by the rules. Life praise those who break the rules and set new ones. So do I mean people shouldn’t study hard in school? Oh, no, you should. But don’t sacrifice every other thing on the altar of First Class. Don’t limit yourself to the classroom. Do something practical. Take a leadership position. Start a business and fail. That’s a better Entrepreneurship 101. Join or start an association. Contest an election and lose. It will teach something Political Science 101 will not
teach you. Attend a seminar. Have a passion to innovate new things, be an agent of change the society needs, Read books outside the scope of your course. Go on missions and win a soul for eternal rewards. Do something you believe in! Think less of becoming an excellent student but think more of becoming an excellent person. Make the world your classroom!

Have a great life!

Read more here http://alexisgist..ae/2016/05/why-you-should-not-invest-so-much-on.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Sap Video Classes / Bishop Hassan Kukah Mocks The Nigerian Mentality / Gce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.