Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,687 members, 7,962,213 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 06:18 AM

Nigeria Gets Good Publicity In A Long Time In Uk - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Gets Good Publicity In A Long Time In Uk (645 Views)

Dokpesi: Money I Received Was For Publicity And Media In Political Campaigns / Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force / Occupy Nigeria Gets Better As Pengassan Officially Joins: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Gets Good Publicity In A Long Time In Uk by AloyEmeka6: 9:01pm On Aug 12, 2009
Tube rescue ‘guardian angel’ found by Metro
Sunday, August 9, 2009

Family’s hero: Tochukwu Mokah
Metro has tracked down the 'guardian angel' who saved a little boy's life after he fell under a Tube.

Tochukwu Mokah insisted there was 'no way' he could have left four-year-old Benjamin Nelson-West stuck in the gap between train and platform.

'I saw the mum and the boy getting on to the train and the next thing I knew I couldn't see him any more,' said Mr Mokah, an engineer from Nigeria.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?Tube_rescue_%91guardian_angel%92_found_by_Metro&in_article_id=716687&in_page_id=34

'The mum was screaming. She had already got on to the train and I could hear the train doors trying to close. I lay on the platform and put my hands in the gap,' the 26-year-old added. 'I knew I had to get him out – he was on the track.'

Benjamin was with his mother Adrianna on a Piccadilly Line platform at Acton station in west London when the accident happened on July 31.

After he had passed the boy to his mother, the train pulled out with Mr Mokah still on the platform and Mrs Nelson-West had been desperate to track him down to say thank-you.

'It was really frightening – it was a reflex action, afterwards I was shaking,' he said.
Re: Nigeria Gets Good Publicity In A Long Time In Uk by blacksta(m): 9:07pm On Aug 12, 2009
Praise d Lord.
Re: Nigeria Gets Good Publicity In A Long Time In Uk by AloyEmeka6: 9:18pm On Aug 12, 2009
Yes and they didn't write Nigerian at the headlines. If it was 419 now, they will put his nationality at the headlines.
Re: Nigeria Gets Good Publicity In A Long Time In Uk by kshow1(m): 11:32pm On Aug 12, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Yes and they didn't write Nigerian at the headlines. If it was 419 now, they will put his nationality at the headlines.

you are dead right
Re: Nigeria Gets Good Publicity In A Long Time In Uk by RichyBlacK(m): 11:36pm On Aug 12, 2009
With all the noise the Brits make about safety can't they just put barriers to make it impossible to slip into those dangerous cracks?

What's wrong with all the safety engineers in the UK?
Re: Nigeria Gets Good Publicity In A Long Time In Uk by RichyBlacK(m): 11:37pm On Aug 12, 2009
kshow1:

you are dead right
Aloy~Emeka:

True talk!

(1) (Reply)

Hilary Hits Nigeria: Your Problem Is Failure Of Governance / Police Fires Tear Gas Into BRT Bus / Yaradua please sack CEO'S OF ASUU,MEND,NEPA and EFCC just like the banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.