Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,816 members, 7,966,008 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 07:08 AM

My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking (19170 Views)

Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. / How Regenerative Braking Works / Pinging Sound When Applying Pressure On Motion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by phemmyfour: 3:43pm On Mar 30, 2022
geovidal:
Hello everyone, I am using a Toyota corolla S 04, I observed that whenever I apply little break, there is a sound that emanate from the wheels, both at d front and back. The sound is so annoying that I feel reluctant to apply breaks when needed. I ve changed the break pad and break disc but no changes. Pls car gurus, I need ur suggestions. This is my first ever post on auto section.
Bad break pad
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by CryptoClub2018: 3:49pm On Mar 30, 2022
geovidal:
Hello everyone, I am using a Toyota corolla S 04, I observed that whenever I apply little break, there is a sound that emanate from the wheels, both at d front and back. The sound is so annoying that I feel reluctant to apply breaks when needed. I ve changed the break pad and break disc but no changes. Pls car gurus, I need ur suggestions. This is my first ever post on auto section.

Did you just knack bearing to the hub? If you just did, baba just go and remove it and buy complete hub then the problem is solved
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by malel1: 3:51pm On Mar 30, 2022
geovidal:

Hope it's not ur ABS
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by frankputer: 3:52pm On Mar 30, 2022
bad break pad
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by chloride6: 3:53pm On Mar 30, 2022
2016 thread?
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 30, 2022
geovidal:
Screeching or squeaking sound? Tires screech, brake pads squeak on disks. I'll love to know which to better profer a solution.
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by Ishilove: 3:54pm On Mar 30, 2022
geovidal:
So na you dey my street dey disturb everyone with your screeching brakes??
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 3:59pm On Mar 30, 2022
The brake pad is dirty, all you need, is to take it to mechanic to clean the surface cool
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by ebukason3(m): 4:03pm On Mar 30, 2022
geovidal:
thanks, Pls how do I get original break pad
Buy original Azinco
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by Chriz(m): 4:06pm On Mar 30, 2022
Change your break pad.
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by dotun4luv(m): 4:06pm On Mar 30, 2022
klassykute:
its cos there is water on d break ..it happened to mi i was worried also.. its either water or d break pad or d shock..
Some breakpads give that sound. The only pad that doesn't give a screening sound is asinco a d it cost around 7.5k
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by olamike02: 4:09pm On Mar 30, 2022
Change your break fluid.
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by ken045501: 4:11pm On Mar 30, 2022
Stop driving the car for about a year or 2 then come back and check
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by letitrainnow(m): 4:13pm On Mar 30, 2022
Toyota Camry
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by victormmm(m): 4:14pm On Mar 30, 2022
Its break linen.
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by sneak3(m): 4:17pm On Mar 30, 2022
Check your breakpad brah
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by mohziz1(m): 4:19pm On Mar 30, 2022
SarkinYarki:
What do u mean screech? Is it the tire to Road screech or another sound ? If it tire to Road screech then your anti lock system is faulty and you need to fix it

Gbam,

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by bonnyhope: 4:19pm On Mar 30, 2022
Emmybreezy:
My brother this happened to my matrix 07 which made got tired and sold it cause mechanic use me chop wella later was not oriented that the ABS that what causing the issue that I should have fix that please to avoid spending much try and do the ABS and you will.see a different not break pad

You mean you sold a car bvos of a noise that can be easily resolved?

Probably you had plan to get rid of the car before

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by Euegene100001: 4:20pm On Mar 30, 2022
Currently experiencing this i think we have so much fake break pads now thanks to igbo brothers
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by Ramisake: 4:20pm On Mar 30, 2022
see below
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by McLizbae: 4:21pm On Mar 30, 2022
When you have a highly experienced mechanic that is willing to be truthful with you, you will realize that not all sound needs to be worried about, when it a car in Nigeria.
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by DaveHarry(m): 4:40pm On Mar 30, 2022
Breakpad
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by Waletoy(m): 4:40pm On Mar 30, 2022
geovidal:

Change the brake pad to a more quality one. That should solve the issue.
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by Benbellamor: 4:42pm On Mar 30, 2022
geovidal:
water on the break? I just changed the pad and the shocks are quite good.
you probably bought a new inferior brakepad but they will tell you it's original, trust our IBO boys they will confuse you because they must chop your money... Original brakepads are very expensive (Briscoe)
Solution is, buy a follow come used brakepads that followed complete brake disk called tokunbo brakepad...it may not be as full as new, but it will serve you better without noise

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by sinola(m): 4:49pm On Mar 30, 2022
please check you brake system and tyres...very important!

Sometimes, new brake pads need to be broken in. Other factors that can contribute to screeching brake sound include dirt and debris on a brake pad, a damaged brake pad backing plate, a bad brake shoe, or weak brake shoe return springs.

With so many possible causes, a screeching or squealing noise can be difficult to diagnose.

Please engage a professional mechanic.
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by gonkin(m): 4:51pm On Mar 30, 2022
Brakes are worn. Get new ones its pretty cheap. Change mine every 6 months(for front) the rear lasts almost 2 years or more cuz its drum. My last rear brake replacement was done in January after 3 years of use. Doesn't have to be completely worn before you replace. As soon as it begins squealing due to wear indication, i replace.

One surface is too smooth for the other. Also the quality of the brake pad is important. No be say dem don carry iron give u say na pad

Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by Pololomaster(m): 4:54pm On Mar 30, 2022
It Break pad... It happened to my Toyota Sienna once I first change break pad after few days it stopped.
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by Sholato242(m): 5:01pm On Mar 30, 2022
You have to go for the complete master's brake together with Automatic Break System (ABS), go for direct fairly used. I trade on it though. ernestshola@gmail.com
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by Arcbox(m): 5:02pm On Mar 30, 2022
The caliper that's holding the break pad. Let it be changed and thank me later.
geovidal:
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by Sholato242(m): 5:08pm On Mar 30, 2022
First of all check the calliper and disc, before going for the masters brake and ABS
Re: My Toyota Corolla Makes Screeching Sound When Braking by MyMouth(m): 5:19pm On Mar 30, 2022
Its happening with my Corolla now. Another issue is when driving and I decide to turn, small corner and I will be hearing that screeching sound. What could be the problem?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

GAC Motor GA3S Price And Specifications (photos) / These Are The Safest Cars Of 2018 / Black Smoke From Exhaust.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.