Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,254 members, 7,880,944 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:43 AM

The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group (26878 Views)

Cynthia Whyte Of The Split Avengers Group To Also Name Boko Haram Sponsor? / Biafra: IPOB Disowns Anti Niger-delta Avengers Group / The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided... My Stand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group by DifferentBoy1(m): 6:36pm On May 08, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Since the last 72 hours, a group of misguided youths from the Niger Delta region, specifically Delta state that claimed to be Niger Delta Avengers have been carrying out wanton destruction of oil facilities belonging to FG and oil companies in Warri, Delta state. To them, their rridiculous acts is to coerce the FG to meet to their "demand" and to retaliate the economic and environmental neglect of the Niger Delta region by both the FG and oil companies.

WHAT DO THEY WANT?
What is the demand of Niger Delta Avengers? Is it to force the FG to press on the Oil companies to stop Gas flairing, oil spilling and other environmental degradation? Are they asking the FG to begin the process of clean up of the already polluted environment? Are they demanding that oil companies recruit locals? Are they demanding federal. Presence in our region? Are they advocating for power supply in the creeks or thwy are demanding for scholarships for indigenous people?

If the above are there demands then they are foolish, misguided and not different from the Nigeria State(not just Buhari government) whose system has deliberately kept our people backward since 1960. They are not different from the oil companies that pollutes our land and leave it in the most deplorable state. The Niger Delta Avengers by their acts have taken us 100 years backward even when we are already bbackward trying to go forward.

FOOLISHNESS IN THEIR DEMAND
How can our environment be better when they blow up installations to further pollute our environment? Which investor would want to come to our land when they know that some misguided youths would wake up one day to destroy their facilities? How would our people be employed when we are chasing investors away instead of engage them to make them sit up? What happens to our environment on the long run? Is it not a fool that will burn his father's house to spite his village chief? How does the blowing of facilities and economic sabotage solve the fundamental issues? Who suffers most when oil majors leave our shores? Is it the Yoruba woman in Osogbo, the Hausa man in Kaduna, the Igbo man in Aba or the Niger Delta man? What is the wisdom in attacking facilities at a point when patriotic Niger Delta sons and daughters are calling Oil majors and NNPC to relocate their headquarters to our region? In fact, the actions of NDA only vindicate the decision of oil majors to move their HQ away from our region to Lagos state.

Are the misguided ND Avengers not aware that our so called oil has been fallen in value and is even surplus in the international market? Are they aware that the so called oil we pride on has been discovered in Lagos and Ogun states? Will they drink the oil if everyone leave them to it? Are they aware that the glory of oil is fallen just as the glory of coal fell? Who are they avenging for? Threatening Tompolo would never give them credibility. They should consider themselves as economic terrorists and enemies of Niger Delta people. Did the Igbos destroy igboland to spite FG during the civil war? Did IPOB agitators destroy their communities in protest of Nnamdi KANU detention? Did Major Adaka Boro destroy ijawland during his struggle?

One don't need a prophet to know that this group is sponsored by a rich guy someqhere or organization somewhere. The FG should investigate the people behind it and bring them to justice.

JUSTICE FOR NIGER DELTA
Meanwhile, the FG and oil majors must share responsibility in the deeds of the Avengers group. The situation in the region is terrible and both the government and oil majors are not showing any sympathy to our plight. The creeks that brings the dollars is in pathetic state, and this is unacceptable.

Amnesty is NOT the solution, neither is total military action the solution. We must address the problems and not the symptoms to bring peace and justice to our region. If we don't treat the problems, more groups will keep coming out to cause trouble in a bid to get their "own share".

As for the people behind the Niger Delta Destroyers masquerading as Avengers, I pray they come to sanity and realise their deeds.

God Bless Niger Delta!!!
God Bless Nigeria!!!
God Bless Our Struggle For Better Society!!!

Na you be the zombie....
They want to control their resources.

2 Likes

Re: The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group by MARKone(m): 6:37pm On May 08, 2016
adeyemi2015:
Are you an IPOB Newbie..... programmed to blame everything on the Yoruba people?
Re: The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group by MARKone(m): 6:38pm On May 08, 2016
Re: The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group by MARKone(m): 6:38pm On May 08, 2016
adeyemi2015:
Are you an IPOB Newbie..... programmed to blame everything on the Yoruba people?

The guy you quoted @ chetaNwaeze is not an Igbo man and can never be one. No true Igbo son insults the Name Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu!, please do not associate him with us.

1 Like

Re: The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group by Roadmap27(m): 6:38pm On May 08, 2016
Lordave:
Only a politically naive man won't see the tricks APC is playing on Nigerians.

You lack professionalism, incompetence is your 'follow come' tag, then you resort to arming innocent and ignorant Niger Delta youths just to excuse your lack of political/economical finesse. This is utterly egregious, APC making Nigeria indirectly ungovernable through Niger Delta Expendables.

I never know people like this still exist , how can an elite think like this? So APC are the one? I laugh Nigeria youth .

2 Likes

Re: The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group by IamAtribalist: 6:39pm On May 08, 2016
EasternLion:

Who is this unfortunate fellow, take ur crap and shove it somewhere else, mumu.

Mr. man, the guy speaks the truth - read (just a taste) what Dr. Tom Okure an Annang [/b]intellectual has to say about the wickedness of the Igbos:

Some writers, this author included, have called attention to the purposeful neglect by past and present policy makers to memorialize the death and the contribution of some of our past heroes. Of particular significance among our neglected leaders, who are also Annang martyrs are former Eastern Nigerian Government Minister Affiah of Abak and Commissioner Udo Udo Okure of Ikot Ekpene who were both killed during the Nigeria civil war noted earlier, simply because they were of Annang extraction. These Annang leaders contributed immensely towards the political, social and economic development of the Annang Nation which was a part of the then Eastern Nigeria region. [b]By speaking out and standing up with their fellow colleagues in government against the then Igbo ethnic domination and marginalization of the Efik, Ibibio and Annang ethnic minorities of former Eastern Nigeria
, they were able to extract concessions from the government in the form of infrastructural development projects. Examples included paved roads, water projects, electrification of towns, scholarships for indigenes to pursue higher education, employment of indigenes into high governmental positions in Eastern Nigeria government etc. One might point out that in the 1960’s through the early 1970’s before the devastation of the economy of Eastern Nigeria by the civil war, many things worked properly. For example, many older people can relate to the fact in Eastern Nigeria, that the supply of electricity and water and our schools etc functioned relatively well before the complete breakdown and pathology of development that we have been witnessing in Nigeria despite the huge inflow of old revenues.

2 Likes

Re: The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group by driand(m): 6:41pm On May 08, 2016
ChetaNwaeze:
We Igbos are in support of Tompolo and the Niger Delta Militants. Once the Militantas finish blowing up all the Oil installations in the Niger Delta, we pray they all come and help us blow up Igboland also.

We Igbos love Tompolo. Tompolo is greater than all Igbo men dead or living. Tompolo is greater than Ojukwu
mad man angry

1 Like

Re: The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group by LasoulMacuby(m): 6:41pm On May 08, 2016
Some fellow kept on arguing on how strong Niger Delta militants were and they could stand head to head and force to force with the FG security forces, comparing with my myopic view and giving examples that the FG have not been able to defeat Boko Haram.
I pointed out some facts to him.

The Nigeria Military has more Northerners than any other Geo-political zone in Nigeria, the would be less level of consideration as most of the military who fought Boko Haram came from those sides and as such had some less zeal to destroy their people.

This war is different, I doubt a true Niger Deltan, in fact any other tribe in Nigeria can blow up himself all in the name of fighting for resources control. It's a different ball game baby! I know most people will argue that no group of people have monopoly for violence. Yes! but I have lived in Delta, and Rivers, and also Northern states like Kano, Gombe, and Adamawa and I have seen even normal fights amongst the youths, I know the group wey dey always no mind if then die or not, and the former finds a ways to make peace while the latter no mind kill everybody.
I will add more to this discourse but I want to read the opinion of others who are set to counter my view.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 08, 2016
Hmm Tonye this is thought provoking, a word they say, is a enough for the wise

3 Likes

Re: The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group by danidee10(m): 6:46pm On May 08, 2016
I'm still wondering why ipob yoots are joining themselves to us

SS and SE are not the same.....are you guys should go and fight your own war and stop trying to join SS and SE together.

But these avengers are really stupid after they blow everything up who will they help....definitely not themselves because they'll be nothing left and no investor will ever want to come to an area that has had a long history of unnecessary violence

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group by GROOOVE(m): 6:48pm On May 08, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

The so called avengers erroneously believe that OYEL is synonymous with Niger Delta. They fail to realise tgat Even with our oil we are looking for buyers and they are sending wrong signals to other investors. They are foolish to understand the implications of their pathetic acts. They don't know why oil majors moved their HQ to Lagos in the first instance and the benefit it is to Lagos and Yoruba. instead of making the area attractive to investors they are driving investors away. What a shame
Re: The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 08, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

NigerDelta is filled with miscreants/Jobless cultist.. By the time Southeast, SouthWest and North go into full exploration of oil/Gas the jobless militants will have no option than continue fishing activities, that's if there'll be any single fish after this environmental pollution cool cool cool cool

Mumu stop mentioning South East biko, talk about the South West betrayals nd Northern parasites
Re: The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group by Btruth: 6:54pm On May 08, 2016
ChetaNwaeze:
We Igbos are in support of Tompolo and the Niger Delta Militants. Once the Militantas finish blowing up all the Oil installations in the Niger Delta, we pray they all come and help us blow up Igboland also.

We Igbos love Tompolo. Tompolo is greater than all Igbo men dead or living. Tompolo is greater than Ojukwu
what's this one saying?
Re: The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 08, 2016
adeyemi2015:

We all Yorubas re always proved to be cowards, why we always proved that we can do without Igbos? This is the same thing Awolowo did nd after he go nd drink poison.
Re: The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group by NovusHomo(m): 7:00pm On May 08, 2016
adeyemi2015:
Let me read first..... and comment later!
undecided

You are sooo wise. grin
Re: The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group by echomog1: 7:00pm On May 08, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
shut up you bloody Ibo man.

stop attaching the SE to the SS cos they are not one. How can they be one when it's the SS that suffers the implication of pipeline vandalism that you oyel thieves from SE are encouraging?
yoruba n hypocrisy ....SS n SE are not se but GEJ is an igbo man ....talking from all sides of smelling mouth.

2 Likes

Re: The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group by introvertedsoul: 7:01pm On May 08, 2016
Lordave:
Only a politically naive man won't see the tricks APC is playing on Nigerians.

You lack professionalism, incompetence is your 'follow come' tag, then you resort to arming innocent and ignorant Niger Delta youths just to excuse your lack of political/economical finesse. This is utterly egregious, APC making Nigeria indirectly ungovernable through Niger Delta Expendables.

Bro you are as smart as they come!
I had thought up this theory before, but decided to shelve it for fear of it being called farfetched.
Good to see I am not the only one who suspects foul play.
Re: The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 08, 2016
Now that the fg is silently looking away from gas to generate electricity and diversifying economics especially in different regions far away from nd, I think this people need to rethink. They may eventually abandon the region for their mess later years if they succeed.

No matter how they sabotage the present government, buhari is stubborn and doesn't yeild to blackmail. He will give him more reason to look for alternatives which may take time ,with one of his closest friends, fasola and vpyo at the affears of power generating cliques.
When they blew off the facilities , some morons here were celebrating that they should continue. Shebi u get light now, abi. At least for my area, I still enjoy up to 3 hours today and I can charge my phones, at least, though unlike about 18hours last week.
You will be affected much, she na buhari that is in London or other politicians that are looking for where they will spend their stacks of stolen money will suffer the pains?
When people like us was opposing Jonathan administration for giving contracts to individual to guide oil pipelines rather than recruiting many to Navy and force generally in other to empower them, we were being castigated. This is the results were see today. Jonathan did his own and left,enjoying his life all over the world where he will never smell heat or sweating. Buhari will do same and go and his family will still remain in special class in this country. But you and me nkwa, facing difficulties in troublesome country like this under hot son and struggling. Think people, think. We can't continue like this. Let's support condemning this people in destroying facilities, but rather they push their wahala to the Senate and their reps. Enough words for the wise among.
No mind my typo, na swipe I dey use

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group by back2sender: 7:03pm On May 08, 2016
MAROC:
Spot on bro!

Honestly, I DON'T BLAME the militant groups that spring up from that region.

Just take a look at the picture Tonye attached!!! Isn't this wickedness I don't think those people have any source of clean water....

All soiled with oil!!!

Even if it will take launching a missile into Aso Rock, let them do it and have the government take up responsibility.
A child of hate spotted. IPOBians ibolarians

7 Likes

Re: The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group by oostin: 7:03pm On May 08, 2016
Nice article but am I the only one who failed to notice that you neglected to mention that for the first time there is a sincere, honest and far reaching attempt to clean up the Niger-Delta starting from Ogoniland and this is being done by a President from one of the most Northern states in Nigeria. The sooner we understand that our so-called leaders in the Niger-Delta are the main source of our problems the better for us. Can you imagine Yoruba leaders condoning the kind of environmental degradation we see in the Niger-Delta??!!

11 Likes

Re: The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 08, 2016
danidee10:
I'm still wondering why ipob yoots are joining themselves to us

SS and SE are not the same.....are you guys should go and fight your own war and stop trying to join SS and SE together.

But these avengers are really stupid after they blow everything up who will they help....definitely not themselves because they'll be nothing left and no investor will ever want to come to an area that has had a long history of unnecessary violence

Betrayal talk for Yorubas nd ur's masters ok not SS nd SE, remember that ur grandfather Awolowo did exactly what u re doing now but end up in drinking poison grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group by Omeny: 7:05pm On May 08, 2016
In as far as I concur with what the writer wrote I won't agree with the notion that Oil has lost it's value!

You will be deceiving urself if u think Oil has lost it's value!

Nations including Nig are still searching and fighting for Oil because virtually all machines still run on petroleum products and Nigeria still make billions of Dollars from Oil till tomorrow!

1 Like

Re: The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group by TomLepskie(m): 7:06pm On May 08, 2016
MAROC:
Spot on bro!

Honestly, I DON'T BLAME the militant groups that spring up from that region.

Just take a look at the picture Tonye attached!!! Isn't this wickedness I don't think those people have any source of clean water....

All soiled with oil!!!

Even if it will take launching a missile into Aso Rock, let them do it and have the government take up responsibility.

The picture u see is not as a result of oil exploration, rather it's the handwork of Niger delta youths themselves who indulge in illegal refining of crude oil.

4 Likes

Re: The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group by patrickmuf(m): 7:09pm On May 08, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

NigerDelta is filled with miscreants/Jobless cultist.. By the time Southeast, SouthWest and North go into full exploration of oil/Gas the jobless militants will have no option than continue fishing activities, that's if there'll be any single fish after this environmental pollution cool cool cool cool
Fallacy of hasty generalization...Take away the slur aimed at the beautiful people of Niger Delta and you have a point
Re: The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group by FanYogo1(f): 7:09pm On May 08, 2016
Adebo007:

Betrayal talk for Yorubas nd ur's masters ok not SS nd SE, remember that ur grandfather Awolowo did exactly what u re doing now but end up in drinking poison grin grin grin

Yorubas cant do without ibos? Let's check the facts.

How many Yorubas do you see in Iboland vs Ibos in Yorubaland?

Ibos can't do without Yoruba customers.

If you want Buafra and can live without Yorubas, why do majority of your people in Yoruba don't protest for Buafra or move back to the east?

What do Yorubas need from you? We don't even find your land habitable.

Ibos on the other hand would leave their homes to live amongst people they 'can' live without.

Are Yorubas stopping you from blowing up bridges connecting the east to the SW?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group by Taribizy(m): 7:11pm On May 08, 2016
Excellent write up by Tonye. True talk

1 Like

Re: The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group by Cchuks27(m): 7:16pm On May 08, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

The so called avengers erroneously believe that OYEL is synonymous with Niger Delta. They fail to realise tgat Even with our oil we are looking for buyers and they are sending wrong signals to other investors. They are foolish to understand the implications of their pathetic acts. They don't know why oil majors moved their HQ to Lagos in the first instance and the benefit it is to Lagos and Yoruba. instead of making the area attractive to investors they are driving investors away. What a shame
Tonye, that's a beautiful write up. Though I live in Abuja, I am always sadden by the state of the Niger Delta. No infrastructural development whatsoever, no roads, no lights.
I really want to relocate back to my state, Rivers, but the thought of how degraded it is there, I can't help but wait and pray things get better.

PS: There's also been so much killings in the region and Rivers State in particular.

3 Likes

Re: The Niger Delta Situation And The Misguided Niger Delta Avengers Group by Daplux4: 7:25pm On May 08, 2016
back2sender:

A child of hate spotted. IPOBians ibolarians

Hate has taken away ur good sense of reasoning

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Apreciates UK Based Nigerian Who Sent Get Well Card To Him In London.PICS / DSS Arrests Doyin Okupe At MMIA, Lagos / Jonathan’s Ministers Lose Severance Package

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.