Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,542 members, 7,944,604 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 07:56 PM

Good Nigerians Rescue Rashidi Yekini's Mother - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Good Nigerians Rescue Rashidi Yekini's Mother (895 Views)

Rashidi Yekini's Mother Wins N2m From WWTBM Game Show [photo] / Before And After Photos Of Rashidi Yekini’s Mother’s House... / Rashidi Yekini’s Mother Sells Bread For Survival In Kwara (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Nigerians Rescue Rashidi Yekini's Mother by mayana(m): 5:54am On May 08, 2016
Legendary Nigerian footballer, Rashidi Yekini2 days ago, We shared the heartbreaking news of late football legend, Rashidi Yekini aged mother, who sell bread to sustain, Its was such a Sad news, Read HERE Well-meaning Nigerians have started drumming support for the mother of Nigerian Legendary football star, Rashidi Yekini after news broke that she is now selling bread to survive. In a wonderful show of affinity, a small group of Nigerians have set the ball rolling as they have embarked on a humanitarian programme to help the mother of legendary football star, Rashidi Yekini. Rashidi Yekini’s mother selling breadThis is coming after news broke that the mother of the late Nigerian superstar has been in financial difficult forcing her to sell bread just to survive. According to information shared by Suraj Tunji Oyewale, Founder of JARUSHUB, he along with a few others have decided to take the bull by the horn to assist the poor woman. He has also called on other well meaning Nigerians to help lift this woman who gave birth to one of Nigeria’s foremost footballers. Kind-hearted Nigerians visited the woman at her homeGiving details of the rescue mission, Oyewale stated: PROJECT MAMA YEKINI This is Alhaja Sidikat, mother of former best footballer in Africa, Rashidi Yekinni, who died 4 years ago. According to Sahara Reporters, she’s struggling for living, selling bread. I know everyone has their own personal and family challenges and things are tough everywhere, but I want to champion the raising of N50,000 for this woman. I’m from Offa, and Ira, Rashidi’s hometown where the woman is, is just a stone-throw away from Offa. I know that a good number of my friends here live in Offa, can I have 2 people to volunteer to go and see this woman and confirm this story. Pls inbox me. After the two people have verified, they will send the report with pictures to me and I share here. We will embark on fund raising. Just 50k. After we raise the money, we will get people on ground (i.e our Offa and environs-based friends here) to deliver to her, with pictures just as proof. I nominate one of our active and reputable friends here, Femi Olabisi, Registrar of Offa COE, as Field Champion to lead the delivery of the money to her. We should do this in 1 week. I propose this timeline. Saturday & Sunday (8-9th May): Getting volunteers to verify.Monday (10th): Volunteers (2) visit to verify and report back.Tuesday – Thursday (11th-12th): Fund raising – Donations and contribution. Target is 50k.Saturday, 15th: Delivery of the money to herSunday: Post-project report. More suggestions are welcomed. AFTERTHOUGHT: Or will it be better to get a shop for her and stock it But will 50k do that LIKE us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Join our BBM Channel
Re: Good Nigerians Rescue Rashidi Yekini's Mother by Nobody: 5:56am On May 08, 2016
Guys comma transform bread into sausage oh.

The Nigerian state is failed one, quote me and I'll defend this statement with your last drop of blood. Imagine the state of a woman who bore a legend for the country! So the Nigeria Football Federation did not consider this one serious enough to handle ba? Nonsense!

The media is powerful sha! See how they made it look as if she was dying. I know people who gain good income from selling bread na. Nonetheless, she's worth living beyond that low income status.

Good initiative.

GodBlessNigeria.
Re: Good Nigerians Rescue Rashidi Yekini's Mother by TPAND(f): 5:57am On May 08, 2016
I can support but how do I know you guys will use the money for the purported cause.
Re: Good Nigerians Rescue Rashidi Yekini's Mother by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 5:58am On May 08, 2016
Ordinary 50 tazan. Were things so bad for Rashidi? Na wa oh.

1 Like

Re: Good Nigerians Rescue Rashidi Yekini's Mother by UAE123(m): 6:00am On May 08, 2016
This is really a good move by. those helping to assist her but oga OP ur repetition of words at the early stage of ur write up is not encouraging
Re: Good Nigerians Rescue Rashidi Yekini's Mother by rhoseti1(m): 6:03am On May 08, 2016
Na wa oo,which way nigeria?
Re: Good Nigerians Rescue Rashidi Yekini's Mother by Nobody: 6:39am On May 08, 2016
Its a good idea OP but the 50k will finish and she will be back to square 1.. Why not organize a fund raising to get her a small stall where she can sell everyday household needs.
Re: Good Nigerians Rescue Rashidi Yekini's Mother by queenoflafia(f): 7:05am On May 08, 2016
Good gesture
Re: Good Nigerians Rescue Rashidi Yekini's Mother by habefeh(m): 7:29am On May 08, 2016
Blessed are those who are merciful cux they shall obtain mercy
Re: Good Nigerians Rescue Rashidi Yekini's Mother by debris: 7:55am On May 08, 2016
Few days ago I posted the pics about the woman so sad ..... cry

(1) (Reply)

#getting Back On Bookies / Top Ways To Identify Nigerian Chelsea Fans Without Asking Them / *west Ham Donates £35,000 To Ansfa, Okongwu Grammar School, Kicks Off Football M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.