Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,725 members, 7,875,814 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:09 PM

Today Is World Mother's Day - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Today Is World Mother's Day (559 Views)

Full List: Hausa Is World’s 11th Most Spoken Language / Obobanyi Of Ohionwa (ihima) Kogi State Is World’s Oldest Monarch / Here’s 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria Today; Is Your King Among? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Today Is World Mother's Day by Olukokosir(m): 6:23am On May 08, 2016
Mother’s Day is a celebration honoring the
mother of the family, as well as motherhood,
maternal bonds, and the influence of mothers in
society. It is celebrated on various days in many
parts of the world, most commonly in the months
of March or May. It complements similar
celebrations honoring family members, such as
Father's Day and Siblings Day.

In the United States, celebration of Mother's Day
began in the early 20th century. It is not related to
the many celebrations of mothers and motherhood that have occurred throughout the world over thousands of years, such as the Greek cult to Cybel, the Roman festival of Hilaria, or the
Christian Mothering Sunday celebration (originally
a commemoration of Mother Church, not
motherhood). In some countries,
Mother's Day has become synonymous with these
older traditions.

Let's make a shout out to our mothers nd let's wish dem well today bcus they are our backbone.
Re: Today Is World Mother's Day by wordbank(m): 6:59am On May 08, 2016
Mama oyoyo
Anyama ehhh
My osikapa Jollof ooh
Anyama eehh
Mama u sweet mama porero
God bless my mom and every mom and potential mom out there
Re: Today Is World Mother's Day by DeFatherforyou(m): 9:51am On May 08, 2016
lala and mydd44 is my friend(condralbede)ban nt over yet,dat dude has been banned for two mnths now...i miss him though.plz pardon d guy.tnx

(1) (Reply)

The Beauty Of Nigeria... God Bless Nigeria / Just In: Iba Ruler Regains Freedom / Why Is It Socially Acceptable For All Girls To Wear A Bra?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.