Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,417 members, 7,894,775 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 03:20 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (2101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9597170 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2098) (2099) (2100) (2101) (2102) (2103) (2104) ... (9339) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mikeycharles(m): 3:11pm On Dec 15, 2017
bolakale30:
After successfully dealing on AliExpress (albeit through one of the touts here) the following are my submissions
1. AliExpress standard shipping is not for the faint hearted. you must have the patience of Sarah and the wisdom of Solomon.
2. 3 weeks standard shipping is hypothetical. My order was made on the 6th of November, shipped on the 7th of November, despatched on the 11th of November. the thing no enter naija until 12th of December. Based on discourse here some people were luckier than I was with their orders, just prepare for the worse case scenario then hope for the best
3. The touts here are fantastic People. I'm probably Mr Protein0's worst customer my questions , queries were no doubt annoying, yet he answered them all respectfully albeit humourlessly.
"Despatched on the 11th of November and arrived 12th of December" Jesu shocked shocked shocked

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by wrose(m): 3:11pm On Dec 15, 2017
noobody:

Shop/vendor rom is ready grin
MIUI rom site never show say global rom don dey sha,
E fit be the real deal sha.
me set surprise
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lilmonarch(m): 3:13pm On Dec 15, 2017
mikeycharles:
You say? grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
that's more like it. Track with this site sha cos other sites are still telling me dispatched overseas while this one don update me http://en.tra ckitonline.ru
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mikeycharles(m): 3:15pm On Dec 15, 2017
lilmonarch:
that's more like it. Track with this site sha cos other sites are still telling me dispatched overseas while this one don update me http://en.tra ckitonline.ru
Thanks but I'm guessing e still dey road dey come smiley

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lilmonarch(m): 3:22pm On Dec 15, 2017
mikeycharles:
Thanks but I'm guessing e still dey road dey come smiley
my case that was dispatched on the 24th still never change. E dey happen grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mikeycharles(m): 3:24pm On Dec 15, 2017
lilmonarch:
Thanks for the consolation, I cannor come and go and kee myself grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bolakale30(m): 3:37pm On Dec 15, 2017
mikeycharles:
"Despatched on the 11th of November and arrived 12th of December" Jesu shocked shocked shocked
My brother, the thing weak me o. My folks just dey use dey laugh, come dey call me 'Singapore baba'. But na me dey laugh now.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 3:39pm On Dec 15, 2017
bolakale30:

My brother, the thing weak me o. My folks just dey use dey laugh, come dey call me 'Singapore baba'. But na me dey laugh now.
lol kai. Singapore baba dis 1 weak me grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iaatmguy(m): 3:41pm On Dec 15, 2017
BeardedTraveler:

I have someone coming to Ikorodu next week, if you still need it then...
though my office is on apapa-oshodi expressway after pallet bustop
What is the price?
Also can I have a view of the screen and the Casing?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nsonaso(m): 3:41pm On Dec 15, 2017
GrandMufti:

You should have asked the seller to flash Chinese stable. Then it would have been easier to move to developer rom.

This unlocking process dey really annoying some times

I never knew things has changed...

I've used Redmi Note 3 and Note 3 Pro,
Mi Max and Mi Max Prime.

All came with Global Stable ROM.

And I flash all of them with Chinese Developer ROM without unlocking the bootloader... So I thought I can still do same on Mi Max 2

In fact I don't like unlocking the bootloader because of the advanced Security in a locked bootloader... But am left with no choice now because the phone just look very terrible to me without the Chinese Developer ROM
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mikeycharles(m): 3:43pm On Dec 15, 2017
bolakale30:

I tell you, my mother is already suspecting Yahoo boys don dupe me grin embarassed

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bolakale30(m): 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2017
mikeycharles:
I tell you, my mother is already suspecting Yahoo boys don dupe me grin embarassed
This one is the craziest part. Everybody will think you have been duped. Abi, logivally, which right thinking fella will send money to someone you have never met before or someone whose shop you don't know.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bankyshinani(m): 3:59pm On Dec 15, 2017
Anybody with redmi 4x protector screen n casing for sale...... I nid it asap
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mikeycharles(m): 4:05pm On Dec 15, 2017
bolakale30:

This one is the craziest part. Everybody will think you have been duped. Abi, logically, which right thinking fella will send money to someone you have never met before or someone whose shop you don't know.
If you think about it, it's kinda true. But the internet is so much more (not DSTV o! cheesy)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iaatmguy(m): 4:08pm On Dec 15, 2017
please how can i stop some apps from consuming my data underground. i use a note 4
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:40pm On Dec 15, 2017
noobody:

Shop/vendor rom is ready grin

MIUI rom site never show say global rom don dey sha,

E fit be the real deal sha.
Shop of course.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 4:46pm On Dec 15, 2017
All these Aliexpress shopping newbies sef
Giving themselves hypertension over nothing.
Anyway, I understand...
Una go learn patience by force...grin
After this experience, you guys will even want to order more stuffs...grin

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by idris85(m): 4:56pm On Dec 15, 2017
i need a fairly used Xiomi note 4x. Pls, contact me 07030329706.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mikeycharles(m): 5:05pm On Dec 15, 2017
eleojo23:
All these Aliexpress shopping newbies sef

Giving themselves hypertension over nothing.

Anyway, I understand...

Una go learn patience by force...grin

After this experience, you guys will even want to order more stuffs...grin
It has never been this bad to me but I guess things happen grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Billyzone4: 5:06pm On Dec 15, 2017
fibonacci2526:

Looks like this is your first time of purchasing xiaomi phones from alixpress, the retail price is always between $30-$100 more.it is what it is.
well you guessed right
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Billyzone4: 5:07pm On Dec 15, 2017
noobody:

My opionion thou,asides frm the global stable rom,the note 4 4/64gb has,is the redmi 5 plus not a better version of the note 4 4/64gb?
It seems more like an updated redmi note 4 to me thou.
U have a point there, well remember me when the global version launches
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Billyzone4: 5:09pm On Dec 15, 2017
Protein0:
I once paid $200+ for note 4 4+64gb. That's how they usually are when first released. Plus I think redmi 5plus could have been note 4xplus grin cheesy
Similar to note 4 but definitely an inch ahead
OK, my hands are up for the global launch
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bolakale30(m): 5:19pm On Dec 15, 2017
Please how do I stop the deduction of 50 naira each time I reboot my phone e joooor
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by zenith4biz(m): 5:31pm On Dec 15, 2017
lilmonarch:

Mine is 24th also, it will definitely land next week, I believe most of the items saying despatched are still enjoying fresh air in China
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 5:36pm On Dec 15, 2017
bolakale30:
After successfully dealing on AliExpress (albeit through one of the touts here) the following are my submissions
1. AliExpress standard shipping is not for the faint hearted. you must have the patience of Sarah and the wisdom of Solomon.
2. 3 weeks standard shipping is hypothetical. My order was made on the 6th of November, shipped on the 7th of November, despatched on the 11th of November. the thing no enter naija until 12th of December. Based on discourse here some people were luckier than I was with their orders, just prepare for the worse case scenario then hope for the best
3. The touts here are fantastic People. I'm probably Mr Protein0's worst customer my questions , queries were no doubt annoying, yet he answered them all respectfully albeit humourlessly.

The three weeks standard shipping isn't hypothetical, as a matter of fact some of us have had orders delivered 11-12days from the day of payment in the past using this same carrier. The logistics is crazy these period and Nipost too can't be bothered to do their jobs efficiently.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 5:37pm On Dec 15, 2017
Billyzone4:
well you guessed right

Just $30, this is the cheapest add-on AFAIK recently.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 15, 2017
I av a xiaomi redmi note 5a prime, gold 3gb 32gb for sale in ibadan. Goes for 60k with screen protector and black case. Still sealed contact me on 08075408871

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kstan(m): 6:11pm On Dec 15, 2017
Nsonaso:
I've been trying to unlock my Mi Max 2 Bootloader... But Mi Unlock 2.3.803 is not detecting my phone

Laptop Brand?
Windows what?
XWhat?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by grinface98(m): 6:21pm On Dec 15, 2017
bolakale30:
Please how do I stop the deduction of 50 naira each time I reboot my phone e joooor
Click this link and find your way from there; https://www.nairaland.com/post/61425404
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:30pm On Dec 15, 2017
Nsonaso:

I never knew things has changed...

I've used Redmi Note 3 and Note 3 Pro,
Mi Max and Mi Max Prime.

All came with Global Stable ROM.

And I flash all of them with Chinese Developer ROM without unlocking the bootloader... So I thought I can still do same on Mi Max 2

In fact I don't like unlocking the bootloader because of the advanced Security in a locked bootloader... But am left with no choice now because the phone just look very terrible to me without the Chinese Developer ROM

You are right. Things have changed a lot
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OmichaelO: 6:42pm On Dec 15, 2017
GrandMufti:

Yes... the nitrogen should be oroe rom right?

Any bugs?
yes. But I used Nougat instead. 0n nougat , no bugs
. I should download tonight and try it out
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OmichaelO: 6:43pm On Dec 15, 2017
who has note 4x screen protector for sale? I'm in Lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (2098) (2099) (2100) (2101) (2102) (2103) (2104) ... (9339) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: tundelight(m), IyfeNamikaze(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.