Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,905 members, 7,872,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:43 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (2159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9514353 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2156) (2157) (2158) (2159) (2160) (2161) (2162) ... (9334) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iaatmguy(m): 8:15am On Dec 28, 2017
awesome99:
it wakes the device even when not in ur pocket?
when my hand touches it, it comes up
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iaatmguy(m): 8:15am On Dec 28, 2017
Gptech:

Your problem is not with any sensor, you have to turn off something.
Settings - lockscreen and password - then turn off 'wake lock screen for notifications'.
what would I turn off?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iaatmguy(m): 8:20am On Dec 28, 2017
awesome99:
incase this doesn't work

For miui 8

1. Go to Settings.
2. Lock Screen & Passwords.
3. Locate Prevent Pocket dials and enable it (for users who want to use the feature) or disable it (for users who dont want to use it).

For miui9

1. Go to Settings.
2. Lock Screen & Passwords.
3. Advanced settings
4. Locate pocket mode and enable it
done it no luck
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 8:29am On Dec 28, 2017
proffnico:
Got my package delivered to Osun State by Mr noobody..This is actually my third time dealing with this guy. Keep on doing the good work boss...

You are the real Gee here boss,i appreciate your patience,it was really a pleasure doing business with you again and again,very cool guy here.

Thanks for ur continued trust,

All powered by the cheap CBN $$$$,get yours now grin

Cheers
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 8:31am On Dec 28, 2017
mourtayo:
And again he's done it again. He's nobody else than Mr Noobody. The phones landed today. I would have unboxed it but the phones are for sale. Thanks Mr. Noobody who is a trustworthy somebody. More dealings soonest.

My able oga,thanks for ur continued trust,thanks for ur business as well,look forward to do many more with you ahead,
Am glad this worked out very great sir,
Enjoy ur new fones,

Cheers cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 8:32am On Dec 28, 2017
mourtayo:
My bluedio speaker has landed courtesy of Mr. Noobody. The guy legit die. How I wish get like 1M I would just deposit it with him and be buying my stuffs on aliexpress. This is like the 8th time I'm dealing with him and there have never been any issue. And talk of response to messages or enquiries the guy is second to none. Thank you.

Just deposit 30 billion for the accant, grin u av the details,i dey wait alert
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 8:36am On Dec 28, 2017
Protein0:
To fellow sellers/shippers on this thread, kindly let your clients understand what placing orders for them entails, especially when it involves aliexpress. Give estimated delivery periods with reasonable considerations for uncertainties. Let them know that you can't influence delivery dates(other than leaving a message urging seller to ship out fast which doesn't work every time) but just predict using previous experiences. It's called informed consent. You'll still be patronized by those that are OK with the terms.

To buyers/clients, seek enough clarifications before placing your orders with anyone and if you feel the answers aren't ok for u, rookidmart's FAQ is still very much available, read it and place the orders on your own. Every aliexpress shopper started with an order. Try it too, it's actually fun. You can always come here to seek clarifications.

The truth about those testimonies (especially aliexpress deals) is that buyers had taken enough doses of patience. Let me tell you all any tout can do (aliexpress deals)
1. Pay for your orders at cheaper $$$ rate (than commercial banks)
2. Advise you on stores and products (based on his experience), of course you have the right to follow your mind.
3. Provide you with the tracking details once the seller provides it and interprete tracking details for you
4. Open dispute on your behalf (when necessary)
The only advantage is 1 n 2, every other things are as when you place the orders on your own.
I repeat, no one can tell you the exact date your order will arrive. The 2-3weeks flying around is based on experience. We've recorded 7days-7weeks. These are the extremes that seldom happen. More than 70% of orders however will be delivered within the 2-3weeks time frame. One thing is certain for aliexpress orders, you'll definitely receive your order or full refund.

For "express" advertised orders, the tout is in direct talk with the seller. Ur order leaves warehouse the first working day after your payment. Get ready for airlifting typically on the third working day. Lands Nigeria typically on the 4th working day, clearance might drag it to the 5th working day. It might be faster but hardly exceed the 7th working day before it's ready for collection by buyer. All items received earlier than the 4th working day means the tout has an unpaid one in transit which he eventually gives u on Landing. It's very simple. Express orders not gotten after the 7th working day must have been comprehensively explained by the tout. It's extremely rare.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by wrose(m): 9:09am On Dec 28, 2017
please guys, for those who av ordered a phone through jumia global. how many days does it take to get to you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kindas3325(m): 9:35am On Dec 28, 2017
Hello, Abeg Make Someone help me check where my phone reacg the tracking number is ,

The phone Don reach Nigeria since 18th Of December and no sign of Post Office Message
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:36am On Dec 28, 2017
Kindas3325:
Hello, Abeg Make Someone help me check where my phone ,

The phone Don reach Nigeria since 18th Of December and no sign of Post Office Message

Delete your tracking info before your village people help you re-route am
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:47am On Dec 28, 2017
iaatmguy:
what would I turn off?
Exactly what you quoted

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dmedalion: 9:48am On Dec 28, 2017
GrandMufti:

The person is asking about airtel ng
Oga calm down..he understands me clearly
Its not in Nigeria yet.. Thats why I specified the country it has already been launched and in use already...he asked of 4g network it supports. He didn't ask if "the device supports airtel 4g ng" in particular..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Briliantng: 9:51am On Dec 28, 2017
Mrning, my xiaomi redmi note 3 pro dat is barely a year old is not charging. The charging indicator shows its charging but notin increases, when i turn it off, it keeps blinking red light and dats how it stays. I am using the original charger that came with the phone. I have never flashed or repaired a phone, would be glad you advice, me on how to fix it, thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:57am On Dec 28, 2017
Briliantng:
Mrning, my xiaomi redmi note 3 pro dat is barely a year old is not charging. The charging indicator shows its charging but notin increases, when i turn it off, it keeps blinking red light and dats how it stays. I am using the original charger that came with the phone. I have never flashed or repaired a phone, would be glad you advice, me on how to fix it, thanks.
I think you cord is due for replacement, try another one.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Briliantng: 10:12am On Dec 28, 2017
Gptech:

I think you cord is due for replacement, try another one.

ok i will xplore dat today. please since dis fone selects chargers, which original charger do u recommend i Buy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by koyeni(m): 10:15am On Dec 28, 2017
Hello family.. Pls i need help... I used password for my redmi 4x but it displays d password when i enter it which i don't want.. I've tried checking to find settings to prevent d password from showing but i cant just find it. I'd appreciate if anyone is willing to help... Tnx
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:16am On Dec 28, 2017
Dmedalion:

Oga calm down..he understands me clearly
Its not in Nigeria yet.. Thats why I specified the country it has already been launched and in use already...he asked of 4g network it supports. He didn't ask if "the device supports airtel 4g ng" in particular..

Yagazee:
As I await my Redmi 4X, I'm just curios as to these 2 questions.

1. Does the R4X support 4G networks in this country?

2. Is the claimed Gorilla glass truely Gorilla or Chicken glass?

I hope you saw the bolded? That it's not in Nigeria yet, does not mean when it's available, they'll use the same frequency band as the same used in India.

Mtn south africa uses band 3, while mtn Uganda uses band 7
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 28, 2017
Briliantng:
sadly that was the fate of my redmi note 3 pro too. Gave it to bae and warned her to be careful with the charging Port. Just 2months along the line this happened. As I'm talking to you the fone is laying @ one corner
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 28, 2017
koyeni:
Hello family.. Pls i need help... I used password for my redmi 4x but it displays d password when i enter it which i don't want.. I've tried checking to find settings to prevent d password from showing but i cant just find it. I'd appreciate if anyone is willing to help... Tnx
go to
1. Settings
2. Additional settings
3. Privacy
4. Disable (make password visible)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 10:58am On Dec 28, 2017
awesome99:
Awoof! Awoof!! Awoof!!!
I'm offering My xiaomi mi5s plus 4gb/64gb Snapdragon 821 for just 70k .or swap with a note 4x (SD)+25k cash

My number is on my signature. Call or whatsapp
080-348-86-968
nice offer, but why re u selling?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by koyeni(m): 11:05am On Dec 28, 2017
awesome99:
go to
1. Settings
2. Additional settings
3. Privacy
4. Disable (make password visible)
Tnx sir..this is what i found.. D disable is for d sim.. No place to remove that of d phone

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 11:06am On Dec 28, 2017
GrandMufti:

I hope you saw the bolded? That it's not in Nigeria yet, does not mean when it's available, they'll use the same frequency band as the same used in India.

You Sabi shalaye ooo grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by proffnico(m): 11:07am On Dec 28, 2017
Elxandre:
This phone fine small o cheesy
I wan buy phone but Xiaomi no wan bring note 5. sad
The phone is huge and very solid.. The battery is very impressive..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 28, 2017
Mckandre:
nice offer, but why re u selling?
money palava.... If u will just borrow me jus 30k I won't sell again
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:12am On Dec 28, 2017
fibonacci2526:

You Sabi shalaye ooo grin

wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 28, 2017
koyeni:

Tnx sir..this is what i found.. D disable is for d sim.. No place to remove that of d phone
see what to just do... Jus enter settings and use the search option, type "make password visible"
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dmedalion: 11:16am On Dec 28, 2017
GrandMufti:

U forgot to mention mtn Nigeria band 3 and 20 here..
So let it slide
Till then
Peace.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by guydangerous(m): 11:20am On Dec 28, 2017
acekid109:
it's android 8.1.
the rest of the questions still remains,any 5.0 or 5.1 custom rom.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iaatmguy(m): 11:24am On Dec 28, 2017
Gptech:

Exactly what you quoted
no luck on that, when i touch the back sensor, it wakes the phone. thats what i want to sir.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:26am On Dec 28, 2017
Dmedalion:

U forgot to mention mtn Nigeria band 3 and 20 here..
So lets let it slide
Till then
Peace.

I did not forget, It's band 7 and 20 wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by guydangerous(m): 11:28am On Dec 28, 2017
iaatmguy:
done it no luck
that thing no be tap to wake screen.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dmedalion: 11:32am On Dec 28, 2017
GrandMufti:

I did not forget, It's band 7 and 20 wink
yea 7 I meant.. cry
But at the end of it all..device supports multiple bands to its advantage pf missing out like glo with their ancient band..im certain wont miss out on airtel

(1) (2) (3) ... (2156) (2157) (2158) (2159) (2160) (2161) (2162) ... (9334) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.