Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,981 members, 7,873,159 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:58 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (2576) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9514919 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2573) (2574) (2575) (2576) (2577) (2578) (2579) ... (9334) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 10:42pm On Mar 31, 2018
Holuwaxheun:

I keep trying to figure out when exactly u guys are going to let peace reign. What exactly is the meaning of the bolded phrase?

There's peace na. We're all friends and friends insult each other freely, i guess grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by StrafordSTONES(m): 10:55pm On Mar 31, 2018
Gptech:

If you keyboard is not responsive, will advise you return it. Camera on this device has been talked about here, the phone is a low end phone. The video format you talked about is really strange, change the video quality in video settings and check which format it comes with.

keyboard is not unresponsive...just found out I had gotten used to the previous ones I use
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexmeizta: 10:57pm On Mar 31, 2018
ubev01:
why not, every 4g phone must support 3g as well na. Mtn, airtel, 9Mobile's 4g lte are supported along with their 3g and 2g. If glo is your major line, 3g got you covered
Thanks thanks.

Got the phone today, absolute beauty! Although I think I'd prefer a smaller screen I can fit comfortably in one hand.

Performance is awesomely awesome. Swift movement, touches are precise, no lag. I was extremely impressed with the purity of the OS, no bloatware like our very own local android manufacturers will put for someone.

Should get another as a secondary phone soon.

Meanwhile, I need the pouch, or at least a generic rubber casing to cover the back from scratches, any suggestions where I can pick one up without ordering?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 11:05pm On Mar 31, 2018
Lexmeizta:

Thanks thanks.

Got the phone today, absolute beauty! Although I think I'd prefer a smaller screen I can fit comfortably in one hand.

Performance is awesomely awesome. Swift movement, touches are precise, no lag. I was extremely impressed with the purity of the OS, no bloatware like our very own local android manufacturers will put for someone.

Meanwhile, I need the pouch, or at least a generic rubber casing to cover the back from scratches, any suggestions where I can pick one up without ordering?

No bloatware? Is it stock android?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:06pm On Mar 31, 2018
StrafordSTONES:

keyboard is not unresponsive...just found out I had gotten used to the previous ones I use
Ok good, please can you send a screenshot of the video details that is in 3gp format?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:08pm On Mar 31, 2018
Lexmeizta:

Thanks thanks.

Please record a short video and check the format if it's 3gp. Is yours the prime version?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by StrafordSTONES(m): 11:10pm On Mar 31, 2018
Gptech:

Please record a short video and check the format if it's 3gp. Is yours the prime version?

No it isn't
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by infj: 11:10pm On Mar 31, 2018
omotolsy:
Redmi note 5

Wawu I expected more from a dual camera especially with all the hype on here
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 31, 2018
henry007:

Redmi Note 4X

I reviewed it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9UtAqm6ygs

Guy the rate at which you promote this your video eh..... It is making you look desperate.

I would advice you take it easy. Rome was not built in a day.
I think you should target prospective buyers of the phone or do reviews for newer or latest phones highlighting features that are important to local audience.

Don't hate me oh. My speaking out is motivated by love.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:12pm On Mar 31, 2018
StrafordSTONES:

No it isn't
Was actually referred to Lexmeizta.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 11:14pm On Mar 31, 2018
tongue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Mar 31, 2018
omotolsy:
Redmi note 5

Is this in low light condition?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omotolsy(m): 11:17pm On Mar 31, 2018
NoDulling4here:

Is this in low light condition?
yes my brother
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omotolsy(m): 11:20pm On Mar 31, 2018
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexmeizta: 11:20pm On Mar 31, 2018
henry007:

Errrr I guess MIUI9 or so.

I think Xiaomi's modified version of Android OS 7.1 (If that makes any sense though). I'm generally more an i person though.

Doesn't have the whole real football, something farm, this memory booster, that cleaner etc etc like the infinix and tecno would usually have.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexmeizta: 11:24pm On Mar 31, 2018
Gptech:

Yes, prime version.

Got it from someone on here, would cc him once I get his username again.

Can I get back to you on the video format tomorrow? Or that's too late?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:26pm On Mar 31, 2018
Lexmeizta:

Yes, prime version.

Got it from someone on here, would cc him once I get his username again.

Can I get back to you on the video format tomorrow? Or that's too late?
Thanks, you don't need to anymore, was thinking it was the regular version.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexmeizta: 11:29pm On Mar 31, 2018
Gptech:

Thanks, you don't need to anymore, was thinking it was the regular version.

Oh okay
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 11:33pm On Mar 31, 2018
Lexmeizta:

Thanks thanks.

you may have to order from AliExpress or jumia or any of the resellers here
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexmeizta: 11:39pm On Mar 31, 2018
ubev01:
you may have to order from AliExpress or jumia or any of the resellers here

Okay. Was looking at getting from someone who might have it here already. Any threads where I can ask for it? Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by StrafordSTONES(m): 11:49pm On Mar 31, 2018
henry007:

Bro is there any importance attached to creating a mi account?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 11:58pm On Mar 31, 2018
If you guys will ignore some things here,
it will be more mature. undecided

Haba, it is becoming too much ....
You guys got so much help in this thread but at the same time trying to destroy it angry

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 12:08am On Apr 01, 2018
Lexmeizta:

Errrr I guess MIUI9 or so.

I think Xiaomi's modified version of Android OS 7.1 (If that makes any sense though). I'm generally more an i person though.

Doesn't have the whole real football, something farm, this memory booster, that cleaner etc etc like the infinix and tecno would usually have.

Games ke?
Last time i saw that was 2014. When last did you use an Infinix/TECNO phone? shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Georgioo(m): 12:12am On Apr 01, 2018
Na now i de see d true power of my battery after the v9.5.4 update... Loving the performance. Damn
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 12:12am On Apr 01, 2018
StrafordSTONES:

Bro is there any importance attached to creating a mi account?

I use the Mi account i opened for my Mi Band 2 to sign in and also for commenting on Mi forum but it comes with some useful features like finding your lost phone, cloud storage, back up, transfer and restore devices etc.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ThePrekky(m): 12:17am On Apr 01, 2018
StrafordSTONES:
Good evening guys, I just got Redmi note 5a today...and honestly I would not say all my expectations were met. First I must commend the slimness of the phone. However contrary to some reviews here, the phones processing is not top notch, take for instance the keyboard is not very responsive and I have to double click some times to press a particular key. The camera is very poor for 13mp and 5mp rear and front camera respectively and the videoing is in 3gp format. Again the battery doesn't charge fast; at 88 percent, it took another 45 minutes to get to 100 percent.

This is my honest review about the phone, though I am open to corrections and suggestions/guidelines on how to get the most out of the device.

Everything you said here about the note 5a is TRUE except the keyboard thing. The software aspects of the one I got from jumia is very fluid apart from the aggressive ram management with apps restarting when in the background for a while.
Also if you're watching a video and click the recent apps button, even for a second, and go back to the video, it'll start from the beginning.
That is the only software aspect that I don't like. Every other thing is awesome

Camera is just meeh esp the front camera which always finds a way to make me dark. Smh. Rear camera with flash can be quite decent when it focuses on an object.. Without flash.. meeh again. In low light conditions?? Don't do it grin

Tbh, I didn't expect much from the camera for the price sha.

The battery takes quite long to charge granted, but it makes up for it by really lasting. I got 7 and half hrs SOT yesterday and H+ was on throughout.

Also something I noticed is that my power bank charges the phone faster than NEPA light and I'm using the original charger from the box. That's the part I can't explain

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexmeizta: 12:21am On Apr 01, 2018
henry007:

Games ke?
Last time i saw that was 2014. When last did you use an Infinix/TECNO phone? shocked

Lol.

Never was the last time (then again it might be an old phone I was handling occasionally). Phones I'd never use in no particular order Samsung, Infinix, Tecno, Gionee, phones along that line.

The xiaomi wasn't for me, got it for someone who's been stuck on android and needed something of that spec. I don't mind Xperia, Htc, one plus, xiaomi though I'm an iOS person.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Georgioo(m): 12:21am On Apr 01, 2018
DestinyToRule:
I have pending update. But my phone is working fine so i don't know whether to update or not.
Update to v9.5.4 and u will never regret it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ThePrekky(m): 12:32am On Apr 01, 2018
ThePrekky:

Everything you said here about the note 5a is TRUE except the keyboard thing. The software aspects of the one I got from jumia is very fluid apart from the aggressive ram management with apps restarting when in the background for a while.
Also if you're watching a video and click the recent apps button, even for a second, and go back to the video, it'll start from the beginning.
That is the only software aspect that I don't like. Every other thing is awesome

Camera is just meeh esp the front camera which always finds a way to make me dark. Smh. Rear camera with flash can be quite decent when it focuses on an object.. Without flash.. meeh again. In low light conditions?? Don't do it grin

The battery takes quite long to charge granted, but it makes up for it by really lasting. I got 7 and half hrs SOT yesterday and H+ was on throughout.

Also something I noticed is that my power bank charges the phone faster than NEPA light and I'm using the original charger from the box. That's the part I can't explain

Update: I just checked the video thing you talked about now. It's not really 3gp 3gp-ish but the video recording quality really isn't very nice.

However, there is an option to change from HD recording to Full HD. The phone comes with HD as default so you can change that, but to be honest.. there wasn't a world of difference between the two settings
Maybe it's cos it's at night. Will try again in the afternoon
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by klexycole(m): 12:41am On Apr 01, 2018
ThePrekky:

Are you using a Xiaomi power bank? smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ThePrekky(m): 12:51am On Apr 01, 2018
klexycole:

Are you using a Xiaomi power bank? smiley
No. Just a regular FIL 12000mah power bank
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 12:52am On Apr 01, 2018
Lexmeizta:

Lol.

Never was the last time (then again it might be an old phone I was handling occasionally). Phones I'd never use in no particular order Samsung, Infinix, Tecno, Gionee, phones along that line.

The xiaomi wasn't for me, got it for someone who's been stuck on android and needed something of that spec. I don't mind Xperia, Htc, one plus, xiaomi though I'm an iOS person.

Well MIUI like most custom UIs slapped on android most definitely comes with a fair amount of bloatware.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2573) (2574) (2575) (2576) (2577) (2578) (2579) ... (9334) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: CavendishPlex, Joshkid(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.