Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,707 members, 7,879,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 12:25 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9528390 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (9336) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by HEIR: 6:07pm On Feb 26, 2017
Anyone with new xiaomi MI5s plus or any good snapdragon 821 specs for sale immediately. needed urgently
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Educlassic(m): 6:21pm On Feb 26, 2017
Please what is the trick with UBA MasterCard? I have tried the MIdnight thing and it has not worked.
ABMC:

I got this from another thread and I believe it will be helpful. I quote:

" I appreciate ur effort to sensitive the public on the current situation of forex stuffs with Nigerian debit cards. I just want to set the record straight so ppl can benefit from a complete and verified info.

1. GTB hasn't totally block their mastercard from international transactions. It's only disallowed from websites that witnesses frequent currency exchange transactions. This they(GTB) call forex sites. Their useless Mastercard stil works on amazon, ali express and few websites that Nigerians seldom do business with via local debit cards. All they wanna achieve is a very limited use of the almost unusable $100 dey gv customers.

2. It doesn't even work on skill, so don't bother urself with the stress

3. Access(visa card) and UBA(Mastercard) cards work well for any sort of international transactions u wanna do with the $100 monthly limit. These are the only usable banks as of this moment. Access bank cards works at anytime of the day but uba cards work only midnight with a trick I'm not ready to bore y'all with.

4. GTB has disabled their cards on PayPal since 15th. It's coz dey av noticed frequent international transactions using PayPal with their mastercards. If u find a new site to use for international transactions, once ppl begin to use dat site and the see the forex traffic. They blacklist the site sharply without warning."

Copied.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Educlassic(m): 6:22pm On Feb 26, 2017
Please what is the trick with UBA MasterCard? I have tried the MIdnight thing and it has not worked.
Cgame:

GTB too get busy body..
They shouldn't make things more difficult than it already is... Haba
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Zheemub(f): 6:23pm On Feb 26, 2017
I've been following this thread for a while now and I've streamlined my options: Redmi note 3Pro se and redmi4. Kindly assist with pros and cons.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 6:31pm On Feb 26, 2017
Zheemub:
I've been following this thread for a while now and I've streamlined my options: Redmi note 3Pro se and redmi4. Kindly assist with pros and cons.
The Rn3se beat it in RAM (3gb vs 2GB), ROM (32B vs 16GB), the processor is better(Snapdragon 650 vs 430) though with more heating, and the RN3SE supports all the LTE bands in Nigeria.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Zheemub(f): 6:33pm On Feb 26, 2017
rookidmart:

The Rn3se beat it in RAM (3gb vs 2GB), ROM (32B vs 16GB), the processor is better(Snapdragon 650 vs 430) and the RN3SE supports all the LTE bands in Nigeria.
Ok. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stakekay1(m): 6:40pm On Feb 26, 2017
rookidmart:

There's not much difference per se.
AliExpress pocket is AliExpress' wallet.
You can use it to "store" money to be spent on AliExpress.
An advantage is that refunds are faster when bought with the funds in your pocket because there's no need to go through the bank.

The real advantage and main reason we use it in this thread is to bypass the forex restrictions/ limit on Bank accounts.
Banks only allow you to spend $100 monthly for forex transactions, so if you want to buy an item higher than $100 you wouldn't be able to.

If you use one bank's ATM to fund your pocket it's like you deposit money there, and you can now combine that money in the pocket with the one in a different bank's ATM whose monthly limit you haven't exceeded.
OK Tnx Broda. I will like you to help out in trying to purchase item, I'll rather buy directly with my master card, what are the requirements if buying tru Master card? I operate Stanbic Bank Master Card. What is the exchange rate for Stanbic Bank when buying online? Tnx
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by walemust(m): 6:57pm On Feb 26, 2017
yasolan:

not bad,lagos?
yes Lagos
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 7:18pm On Feb 26, 2017
Stakekay1:
OK Tnx Broda. I will like you to help out in trying to purchase item, I'll rather buy directly with my master card, what are the requirements if buying tru Master card? I operate Stanbic Bank Master Card. What is the exchange rate for Stanbic Bank when buying online? Tnx
Use GTB and or Access Bank.
Stanbic seems to have ceased forex transactions on Naira card.
Before it was >₦400/$
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kazzonline: 7:28pm On Feb 26, 2017
Thread page number 320,exacr amount GTB charge me for funding my wallet grin

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:40pm On Feb 26, 2017
Stakekay1:
Please how do I register for Ali express shipping? I want to get the following, power bank, ear piece, tampered glass and battery back replacement cover. Thank you.
Don't think you can get powerbanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CuteCeo: 8:42pm On Feb 26, 2017
kazzonline:
Thread page number 320,exacr amount GTB charge me for funding my wallet grin
Lol
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:44pm On Feb 26, 2017
What a busy day for announcements of new phones. MWC 2017 is sounding interesting. Now xiaomi will be forced to reduce price even further as time goes on. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stakekay1(m): 8:59pm On Feb 26, 2017
Gptech:

Don't think you can get powerbanks.
I saw power bank. Do they allow independent marketers on their site?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reediano(m): 9:00pm On Feb 26, 2017
Gptech:
What a busy day for announcements of new phones. MWC 2017 is sounding interesting. Now xiaomi will be forced to reduce price even further as time goes on. grin

Xiaomi no come attend....

But seriously their price no low reach grin cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stakekay1(m): 9:01pm On Feb 26, 2017
rookidmart:

Use GTB and or Access Bank.
Stanbic seems to have ceased forex transactions on Naira card.
Before it was >₦400/$
I don't have GT or Access bank account. I may be compelled to have one.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:13pm On Feb 26, 2017
Reediano:

Make e low more jare, hopefully their own processor go dey very good, and also make price come down.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:15pm On Feb 26, 2017
Stakekay1:
I saw power bank. Do they allow independent marketers on their site?
You can't ship it here.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CuteCeo: 9:20pm On Feb 26, 2017
Reediano:

I need that Mi6 ..make they do fast..as far as their price make sense
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:31pm On Feb 26, 2017
CuteCeo:

I need that Mi6 ..make they do fast..as far as their price make sense
Off course, should be around $500.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CuteCeo: 9:36pm On Feb 26, 2017
Gptech:

Off course, should be around $500.
angry
450 is OK na
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 10:03pm On Feb 26, 2017
Gptech:

Please tell me about the new phones.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:14pm On Feb 26, 2017
40manlappy:

Please tell me about the new phones.
Dem plenty, Huawei p10, lg g6, Nokia 5, etc, just check gsmarena.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:15pm On Feb 26, 2017
CuteCeo:

angry
450 is OK na
Nr go get your hopes high ooo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cgame: 10:26pm On Feb 26, 2017
Presently rocking my mi5..
Awaiting the max pro..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Osaki07: 10:39pm On Feb 26, 2017
Um guys how come tecno,infinix,innjoo are not on gsmarena phone list?? grin Um guys how come tecno,infinix,innjoo are not on gsmarena phone list?? and for all xiaomi phones users..hope u know where to get spare parts!!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Horlaarsco: 11:54pm On Feb 26, 2017
Osaki07:
Um guys how come tecno,infinix,innjoo are not on gsmarena phone list??
grin Um guys how come tecno,infinix,innjoo are not on gsmarena phone list??
and for all xiaomi phones users..hope u know where to get spare parts!!

Just protect ur screen with as many as much tempered glass u can buy oo

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:26am On Feb 27, 2017
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sharon6(f): 1:21am On Feb 27, 2017
Damoxy:
Seems Orders through Ali Express Standard Shipping comes faster, my phone case and tp glass just landed

Please put me through, I want to order for cubot h2 replacement parts
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by enoch273: 1:48am On Feb 27, 2017
See Pictures, full specifications and price of the new Blackberry keyone otherwise known as Blackberry mecury, click the link below for details

http://www.enochtekng.com/2017/02/blackberry-keyone-specifications-price.html
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mindtricks: 2:39am On Feb 27, 2017
Sharon6:

Please put me through, I want to order for cubot h2 replacement parts

https://www.nairaland.com/3092803/xiaomi-thread/276#53579932
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tweetums(f): 4:59am On Feb 27, 2017
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 3i pro prime and Xiaomi redmi note 4 pro prime. Which one to buy please

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (9336) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.