Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,974 members, 7,873,135 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:30 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5072) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9514846 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5069) (5070) (5071) (5072) (5073) (5074) (5075) ... (9334) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrlastborn(m): 3:40pm On May 28, 2019
godspeed:

Even then, the k20 is still more expensive.

You need to get used to the fact that the k20 is the new Xiaomi flagship, in that wise, the MI 9 SE is still holding its own when u compare both

don't let aliexpress deceive u, moreover i Wunt advise u to rush it nw, wait til June ending or July, that's wen u will c d true price

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 3:41pm On May 28, 2019
Redmi 7 new update make sense with the full dark theme
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yetty247(f): 4:01pm On May 28, 2019
Xiaomi redmi note 5 global version screen guard available for sale
09021408991 Ogun state
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:02pm On May 28, 2019
godspeed:

You need to get used to the fact that the k20 is the new Xiaomi flagship, in that wise, the MI 9 SE is still holding its own when u compare both

The price you are showing us is pre-sale same way all Xiaomi phones AE prices are over-hiked once they are released, wait for the prices to stabilise.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by wwwmaster: 4:05pm On May 28, 2019
WhatsApp notifications not showing in RN 7,anyone else experiencing this?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 4:05pm On May 28, 2019
OllyFair:

We dey wait for Redmi 6A own. Probably next week it will be pushed.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by godspeed: 4:19pm On May 28, 2019
muyibabs:

Some may prefer the smaller size.

U got the drill bros.

It is for this very reason I didn't buy the MI 9 in the first place.

When I compared the specs and discovered that the MI 9 SE and mi 9 were almost the same in the areas I'm interested in, I quickly settled for the SE because of the smaller size.

The difference between both was not really decisive enough for me save for the SD difference, but then I'm only using it as a second phone so in the end it never mattered
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by godspeed: 4:21pm On May 28, 2019
genius43:

The price you are showing us is pre-sale same way all Xiaomi phones AE prices are over-hiked once they are released, wait for the prices to stabilise.

And who says the price of the other ones won't drop further
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 4:26pm On May 28, 2019
Gptech:

This talk of 3rd tenure, we never talk reach there, but who knows? Oga jboixxx, you dey there abi?
Make we no do am reach 3rd term o before we turn am reach permanent thingy. Make we leave am at 2020.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PotatoSalad(m): 4:26pm On May 28, 2019
K20 pro is ok but...
I guess a lot of you didn't check the 4G bands included or the absence of an SD card slot, IR Blaster.
The only sweet deal is the SD 855 imo. Which is why it's kinda cheap.
Not really impressed

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 4:28pm On May 28, 2019
olayinkajnr:

We dey wait for Redmi 6A own. Probably next week it will be pushed.
Redmi 6A is getting the update? Hope dey for Redmi 6 then.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by youngcizza(m): 4:30pm On May 28, 2019
OllyFair:

me never see update for my own o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 4:31pm On May 28, 2019
spartacus11:

From the headquarters we are going to send Unbooting bug to ur Note 4 on ur birthday, my gift to u. I'm waiting for the approval
Dont spoil our plan, abeg!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:35pm On May 28, 2019
godspeed:

And who says the price of the other ones won't drop further

Because they are older, but that doesn't make them better. K20 is still better than the Mi 9 SE though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:39pm On May 28, 2019
PotatoSalad:
K20 pro is ok but...
I guess a lot of you didn't check the 4G bands included or the absence of an SD card slot, IR Blaster.
Not really impressed

What is wrong with the 4G bands, we know Xiaomi normally add more bands to the global version now.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:40pm On May 28, 2019
jboixxx:

Make we no do am reach 3rd term o before we turn am reach permanent thingy. Make we leave am at 2020.
Hahahahahahahaha, fear catch u abi? grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 4:41pm On May 28, 2019
godspeed:

We are talking about the launch price here and not the inflated price by resellers, ok please enjoy your device oo.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PotatoSalad(m): 4:42pm On May 28, 2019
genius43:

What is wrong with the 4G bands, we know Xiaomi normally add more bands to the global version now.
Go see the specs
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:45pm On May 28, 2019
PotatoSalad:
K20 pro is ok but...
Not really impressed
Haa! You mean one or two 4G bands +SD card slot = over $100? Don't be an Oliver Twist oooo, most flagship devices don't have an SD card slot let alone a 3.5mm jack.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:46pm On May 28, 2019
PotatoSalad:

Go see the specs
If you're looking at gsmarena, they always edit the specs as soon as they have more info, nothing to be worried about.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:46pm On May 28, 2019
madeinnigeria:
@Gptech
Wetin b your budget?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by antace(m): 4:46pm On May 28, 2019
Acidosis:
Anyone please, can Mi Remote on RN7 work with dstv? If 'no', what alternate apps are available?

You can search for 'Remote Control for DSTV' app on Play store, it even works for GOTV. Enjoy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 4:48pm On May 28, 2019
Gptech:

Haa! You mean one or two 4G bands +SD card slot = over $100? Don't be an Oliver Twist oooo, most flagship devices don't have an SD card slot let alone a 3.5mm jack.

cheesy I weak o, how can anyone start nitpicking for that price? undecided
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PotatoSalad(m): 4:51pm On May 28, 2019
Gptech:

They called Flagship Killer. It's supposed to live up to the hype grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ElvisMcCoy(m): 4:51pm On May 28, 2019
You forgot to add the iR blaster to the mix...
Gptech:

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ElvisMcCoy(m): 4:52pm On May 28, 2019
I mentioned it some time just this morning... It sure is happening... Expect more... That's why I said, it is a perfect device for me...

fibonacci2526:

cheesy I weak o, how can anyone start nitpicking for that price? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PotatoSalad(m): 4:54pm On May 28, 2019
Gptech:

If you're looking at gsmarena, they always edit the specs as soon as they have more info, nothing to be worried about.
I see.
I use a galaxy note 9 but want to try one of these chinese OEMs. All these phones with eye popping specs. Don't want to buy and regret it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 4:59pm On May 28, 2019
youngcizza:

me never see update for my own o
I got the update notification today, maybe network issue.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by madeinnigeria: 5:00pm On May 28, 2019
Below 10k no earbuds o
Gptech:

Wetin b your budget?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by godspeed: 5:04pm On May 28, 2019
genius43:

Because they are older, but that doesn't make them better. K20 is still better than the Mi 9 SE though.

In what area?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 5:09pm On May 28, 2019
PotatoSalad:

I see.
I use a galaxy note 9 but want to try one of these chinese OEMs. All these phones with eye popping specs. Don't want to buy and regret it
For what you are paying for there's nothing to regret about. Assuming you depend on Glo 4G for your data, the band 3 roll out should have gotten to many locations by the end of the year.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:15pm On May 28, 2019
PotatoSalad:

Go see the specs

I have seen them and I can't see any problem there

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5069) (5070) (5071) (5072) (5073) (5074) (5075) ... (9334) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: yongLord(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.