Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,060 members, 7,876,957 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 10:20 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5528) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9523814 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5525) (5526) (5527) (5528) (5529) (5530) (5531) ... (9336) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:12pm On Jul 18, 2019
nwaobitex:
I've enabled camera2API pls I need link for stable gcam for redmi note 5 miui10 oreo
Gptech

I hope this helps

https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-5-pro/themes/google-camera-stable-build-everything-t3891492
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 18, 2019
fibonacci2526:

What's your budget ,na that one be the Koko.

70-100k
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 18, 2019
Dam5reey:

You must be using some cheapo earphones, Buy apple airpod, you will tell different story..

People prefer wired one because of application not because it's better.

Most applications, from Cars, TV, Sounds systems, now come with Bluetooth, unlike before now.

#JBL Tune110 BT

Wired still remains the preferred choice.

Apple airpod you say? Lol
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 5:15pm On Jul 18, 2019
Gmartins:

70-100k

Note 7 pro.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 18, 2019
genius43:

The S10+ which is the highest seller of the S10 series is 4100Mah.

The A series released this year came with 4000mah and above albeit a few like the A60

Last year note 9 was 4000mah

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 5:19pm On Jul 18, 2019
Dam5reey:

How does Screen to body ratio make phone premium and better, iPhone X still have the Notch who cares.

Screen to body with fraction of percentage..

The only valid argument is Price, and Cost effectiveness.. every other thing is to convince buyer that newer is better..
Na wa for some of your points at times sha. If the screen to body ratio was not such a big thing, why has it been reducing gradually over the years?
Even the iPhone X you are making reference to, why didn't Apple stick to the big bezels of the previous iPhone 8? undecided
Even most midrange phones ain't left out of the reduction of the Screen to body ratio trend and you are saying it isn't important in classifying how premium a phone is.

Remind me what all the major Flagships released recently look like? undecided

12 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nwaobitex: 5:24pm On Jul 18, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 5:25pm On Jul 18, 2019
scotweezy:
@godspeed Bros! you sha no wan gree say the time of your phone don pass grin

Whether you want to accept it or not OVERALL the K20/MI9T gives you better value for your money.

The only and I mean the only reasonable excuse a person should be buying Mi9SE over Mi9T today should be the smaller size.

Some might Nitpick and point to Infrared and slightly better camera sensor on paper, but I am yet to see a comparison that confirms Mi9SE produces better picture quality because of just that.

I know it's very sad to see your recently bought phone get relegated so quickly, na xo me sef feel wen Note 5 commot angry But my Note 4 still better am sha tongue you can confirm from @Gptech grin

Na so you take forget person....you no even mention me too. O Ga o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 5:25pm On Jul 18, 2019
Dam5reey:

How does Screen to body ratio make phone premium and better, iPhone X still have the Notch who cares.

Screen to body with fraction of percentage..

The only valid argument is Price, and Cost effectiveness.. every other thing is to convince buyer that newer is better..
pls i didn't say screen to body ratio entails premium nd better device but be that as it may it still adds to device aesthetics nd premium requires aesthetics to shine. And again all my assertions re based on his replies because m trying to understand his own assertions since his statements lacks contention,
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by godspeed: 5:28pm On Jul 18, 2019
scotweezy:
@godspeed Bros! you sha no wan gree say the time of your phone don pass grin

Whether you want to accept it or not OVERALL the K20/MI9T gives you better value for your money.

The only and I mean the only reasonable excuse a person should be buying Mi9SE over Mi9T today should be the smaller size.

Some might Nitpick and point to Infrared and slightly better camera sensor on paper, but I am yet to see a comparison that confirms Mi9SE produces better picture quality because of just that.

I know it's very sad to see your recently bought phone get relegated so quickly, na xo me sef feel wen Note 5 commot angry But my Note 4 still better am sha tongue you can confirm from @Gptech grin

Lame, the time of my phone done pass too quickly. Between the k20 pro and Samsung s9 of last year I know which one I'll easily choose.

See before I chose the mi 9 se, I seriously considered buying the mi 8 of last year, in the end, it was the size of the mi 9 that prevailed so age has nothing to do with this

Bros the picture quality of the SE is confirmed better than the k20 series. You read an American even mention it in the same breathe with the pixel 3a. The 9 SE has better picture quality and I'll show u proof.

And of course the size is still a compelling reason to choose the 9 SE.

Features like radio, headphone Jack and the likes are so irrelevant in the tech world of today.

I just asked all my colleagues in the office now if they listen to radio on their phones and you need to see the look in their eyes, the question sounded so ridiculous to them.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OHIsIManuEL(m): 5:31pm On Jul 18, 2019
godspeed:

I tot you said I was so last year.
By your logic, the Samsung m20 must be better than the S10+ since it has a 5000mah battery.

Abi?
Been following the argument, bros you're shifting goal post right now, nobody said the mi 9T Is better than the SE based on battery alone. A lot of pros were dropped
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:31pm On Jul 18, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 18, 2019
godspeed:

Lame, the time of my phone done pass too quickly. Between the k20 pro and Samsung s9 of last year I know which one I'll easily choose.

See before I chose the mi 9 se, I seriously considered buying the mi 8 of last year, in the end, it was the size of the mi 9 that prevailed so age has nothing to do with this

Bros the picture quality of the SE is confirmed better than the k20 series. You read an American even mention it in the same breathe with the pixel 3a. The 9 SE has better picture quality and I'll show u proof.

And of course the size is still a compelling reason to choose the 9 SE.

Features like radio, headphone Jack and the likes are so irrelevant in the tech world of today.

I just asked all my colleagues in the office now if they listen to radio on their phones and you need to see the look in their eyes, the question sounded so ridiculous to them.

If you like what you bought, then is a money well spent.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 18, 2019
fantilopezzy:
bro me clown lols
lemme clear ur doubt
google pixel 2 for instance don't hav the new imx586 sensro but still edges out most of the device with the new senor
Secondly
about the pop up camera
mention any user facing any problem with the popup cam?

thirdly battery
lols bro
believe me if ur a heavy user u will keep ur mouth shut!!
watch frankie tech battery drain test den come back and correct ur self ..the mi9 even hav a better battery backup than the se
but when compared with k20 it really look like a mess

fourthly processor
sd 730 performs as good as sd845 in day to day task
bpth in gaming it fails short
sd730 is general better both in gaming
that's why it's an upgrade u goat!!!

fifthly
when mi9se was released it was priced just like the mi9t around 110k upwards
so i think the price of mi9t will drop
but for 119k
mi9t is a steal i repeat is a steal!!

Steal?
You are definitely a mi fan boy. I would even take you serious if you say the k20 pro with 8gb ram, SD, 855 and 256 is a steal.
But k20? Even mashable India says it's overpriced, so who are you?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 18, 2019
godspeed:

Bros I'm at work, let this continue this in the evening.

We're settling this debate for good tonight

Bro don't mind him. Even mashable India says the redmi k20 is overpriced. What does he know to fault them?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 5:40pm On Jul 18, 2019
The weekend is heating to be one of the most anticipated weekends of all time....

Supplementary topics that's up for fight

What makes up a premium phone in 2018?

Do paper specs matter when analysing phones?

Officiating: Fibonacci2526, Gptech, Grandmufti

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 5:46pm On Jul 18, 2019
atheistandproud:
The weekend is heating to be one of the most anticipated weekends of all time....

Officiating: Fibonacci, Gptech, Grandmufti

lol, grin grin grin i dey enjoy your commentary abeg

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by zainkay: 5:47pm On Jul 18, 2019
nwaobitex:
They said the link has been removed by Mod cry
upgrade to pie, and download gcam from links shared here.. All stable gcam mods work flawlessly with pie.. There is little or no support for phones still running oreo..

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 18, 2019
atheistandproud:

Can't wait. Redmi k20 is definitely overpriced.
Check Twitter you would see the hashtag #refund855 trending.
People that makes initial deposit for K20 are asking for a refund.
Indians are really angry.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 5:50pm On Jul 18, 2019
atheistandproud:

if I may specs on paper are really important for the hyphing life, it is just like telling someone my phone has liquid retina display.taking about what makes a phone premium to me in 2018 is brand name and amoled display,honourable mentions are processors,camera and few gimmicks if you can add some

cheers

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 5:50pm On Jul 18, 2019
acekid109:

lol, grin grin grin i dey enjoy your commentary abeg

Oga the commentary box is open for one more

Jon Champion & Jim Beglin

Martin Tyler and Clyde Tydesley

This weekend is going to rock.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 5:51pm On Jul 18, 2019
papiforreal:

What's the price in India?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 5:53pm On Jul 18, 2019
papiforreal:

why are they angry? indians are at times stupid,they dont want the company to make gains abi,not as if it is overpriced is a just a lil expensive,they should just accept good thing even if they are poor undecided

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 5:53pm On Jul 18, 2019
Meanwhile, it looks like I've successfully gotten another Mi convert. cheesy

Also, I've got a Samsung S6 with a broken screen for sale. I'm selling the panel and the battery separately.

Hola if interested o. Thank you. smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:55pm On Jul 18, 2019
papiforreal:

Steal?
You are definitely a mi fan boy. I would even take you serious if you say the k20 pro with 8gb ram, SD, 855 and 256 is a steal.
But k20? Even mashable India says it's overpriced, so who are you?

The Redmi K20 for India is overpriced not the Chinese version. I stated it when I posted about the India launch

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 18, 2019
genius43:

The Redmi K20 for India is overpriced not the Chinese version. I stated it when I posted about the India launch

The Indian price is the same with Nigerian price
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:01pm On Jul 18, 2019
papiforreal:

The Indian price is the same with Nigerian price

Nigerian got a cheaper deal.

The 6/128Gb for India is 23999 rupees which is equivalent to $348.51

While Nigeria got it at $327.4 using N365 as exchange rate
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 6:10pm On Jul 18, 2019
papiforreal:

U don come again, it's overpriced in India and not here. Wetin concern us concern India?

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 6:12pm On Jul 18, 2019
drjprince:
why are they angry? indians are at times stupid,they dont want the company to make gains abi,not as if it is overpriced is a just a lil expensive,they should just accept good thing even if they are poor undecided

Never seen a fan base as entitled as the Indians, they cry at everything.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dellaziz(m): 6:17pm On Jul 18, 2019
fibonacci2526:

DStv remote or DStvNow app?

Tot u had a conversation a while back with someone about a specific link or so?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Marvel1206: 6:19pm On Jul 18, 2019
Donkelzy:

I used third party app MIUI Custom font installer to be precise , you can download from playstore, then open the app Swipe to local, click the button under, select your ttf font. After that you will still have to go to the themes app to apply the font then reboot. But note, any wallpaper you change to, will surely reset to default

OK bro.. Thankkss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dellaziz(m): 6:22pm On Jul 18, 2019
fibonacci2526:

DStv remote or DStvNow app?

Dstv remote

Tot u had a conversation a while back with someone about a specific link or so?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5525) (5526) (5527) (5528) (5529) (5530) (5531) ... (9336) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.