Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:48 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5612) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9513969 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5609) (5610) (5611) (5612) (5613) (5614) (5615) ... (9334) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 2:52pm On Jul 27, 2019
godspeed:

I can now see why you said what u said. You didn't know the genesis of the argument. It is similar to what happened just now.

Last week argument came about because I suggested the mi 9 se to somebody who said his budget is only limited to a 100k but would like to buy the k20. Before u know it, k20 fans jumped on me for dare saying that. They tot the best he should have done was to save up and buy the k20.

Similar thing happened this morning, somebody posted a YouTube video of a review of the k20, a review I wil call excellent for the k20, but just because he mentioned a single flaw he noticed on the device... you yourself can read the comments that followed. Is that necessary?

Actually, I knew the genesis of last week argument. Although, you didn't go wrong at all by suggesting the 9SE to the guy that asked because his budget was only 100k.

The argument could have been avoided though.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Babaheekmat: 2:54pm On Jul 27, 2019
To everyone having battery issue..

Drain your battery
Switch it off
Charge it full

Enjoy

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mykcool(m): 3:10pm On Jul 27, 2019
olayinkajnr:

Actually, I knew the genesis of last week argument. Although, you didn't go wrong at all by suggesting the 9SE to the guy that asked because his budget was only 100k.

The argument could have been avoided though.
exactly
What caught my interest in the argument sef was that he was the first one Ive seen here using that model of the mi 9, I was really looking forward to learning from his experience with the device but .....
Anyway no wahala
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 3:11pm On Jul 27, 2019
Mykcool:
exactly
What caught my interest in the argument sef was that he was the first one Ive seen here using that model of the mi 9, I was really looking forward to learning from his experience with the device but .....
Anyway no wahala

Same here. I might end up getting the 9 SE too.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by veekid(m): 3:31pm On Jul 27, 2019
Babaheekmat:

Did it even open?
e dey open, snap one or two pishure, den crash
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mykcool(m): 3:31pm On Jul 27, 2019
olayinkajnr:

Same here. I might end up getting the 9 SE too.
I already mentioned it to someone, the person uses an iPhone without the jack and is comfy with it.
Simple opportunity to sell/market that model, irrespective of the arguments those who'll fall in love with it would surely do to

Abeg make we forget the matter
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:32pm On Jul 27, 2019
Mykcool:
please any headway on this

Haven't gotten a hold on him yet, but I haven't forgotten.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mykcool(m): 3:32pm On Jul 27, 2019
genius43:

Haven't gotten a hold on him yet, but I haven't forgotten.
ok thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omoadeleye(m): 3:34pm On Jul 27, 2019
Any new update for Gcam on Redmi 7 cause this current one keep frustrating me by force closing every time i try to take a picture
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:34pm On Jul 27, 2019
Babaheekmat:

Saw a link on YouTube..

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1k6wVg8L8AyzjhMIj7c9FrrGIu7EEVra3&export=download

It's july 26 ..like updated gcam for mi max 3 Android pie..

Currently downloading.. over hundred mb..

Would see how it's going to pan out

I told you it's not straight forward. You first have to unlock your bootloader (if it is not already), install a custom recovery, enable camera2api before you can install Gcam
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:35pm On Jul 27, 2019
omoadeleye:
Any new update for Gcam on Redmi 7 cause this current one keep frustrating me by force closing every time i try to take a picture

No official GCam port for Redmi 7 sorry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:36pm On Jul 27, 2019
veekid:
e dey open, snap one or two pishure, den crash

Which of the mods are you using?

BSG or Bulkin?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Iyazking: 3:37pm On Jul 27, 2019
What's your best SOT
Babaheekmat:
To everyone having battery issue..

Drain your battery
Switch it off
Charge it full

Enjoy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Born2smile: 3:37pm On Jul 27, 2019
adamix:
Another one..
Most people in the thread that use the phone say he prolly got a defective one.

omotolsy:
okay I use one and i wont slap him for the review. You know why? He is right. Sometimes the front camera takes amazing pictures and sometimes it doesnt particularly when light enters the camera. However, the front cameras are just seriously awesome. Fingerprint is very responsive but not 100% accurate.

Lets not complain about anything, xiaomi gave us a great deal. I am not complaining.

For the amount this is a classic.

The explanation from omotolsy seems plausible.
MKBHD only commented on what he saw with his two korokoro eyes.
Others too stated what they have seen with their own eyes.
In the end, everybody is correct in one way or another.

It may just be a software glitch that causes it to produce horrible pictures in some situations.
That can be corrected in a firmware update.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:37pm On Jul 27, 2019
drjprince:
are you trying to say I am being pained or mkbhd cant be biased the fact he has handled tons,of devices doesnot change anything,let me shock you I have handled the iphone 10x max it belong to my cousin,and even samsung s9 of last year and what I would tell you k20 pro selfie without gcam is better than the s9 I took out the hdr judgment and on par with.the 10x max
Next time, take pics of both and upload here grin.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Trex4(m): 3:38pm On Jul 27, 2019
Babaheekmat:
A swear am beginning to dislike this thread.. so many die hard fan boys here.. to say simple truth is hard. And they would be defending what's obvious. If anyone said anything bad about Xiaomi, you flare up with unreasonable argument..

No device is perfect..

Device you use depends on what you want in the device.. and there would always be someone that will bash and berrate your device..

That doesn't mean a squat.. who cares..

Let's be reasonable and truthful fa..
No Offence Bro But You Know Very Little About Phones.... AnyBody That Objects To A Review Is Termed A Fan Boy By You. That's How You Said Samsung Should Not Be Compared To Xiaomi Because It's "Samsung". Someone Here Correctly Stated That Xiaomi Started The Bezelless Trend You Called Him A Fan Boy. Someone Correctly Said Xiaomi Displaced Samsung As Top Brand In India You Came As Usual With Your Fan Boy Statement. A Nice Clean Extra Tab On Your Mi Browser cheesy With A Google Page Loaded Would Do Well When Next You Want To Call Someone A Fan Boy Out Of Ignorance.

The People On This Thread Aren't Only Xiaomi Users, We have Oneplus, Lenovo, Pixel, Samsung And Umidigi Users Visiting The Thread. I'm Not A Xiaomi User. I Saw How Someone Stated Unequivocally That He Isn't A Xiaomi User When You Came With Your Usual Fan Boy Statement. The Mi 9 Se Crusader Here Is A Samsung User Who Said His A50 Beats The Mi 9 Se Hands Down.

Even So Xiaomi Users Criticise Xiaomi A Lot. I Remember When GP Tech And Fibonacci Used To Laugh At Xiaomi's Infinite Snapdragon 625 Chips. Even When Mi A3 Was Released People Here Called It A Downgrade. The Mi 9 Se Vs Mi 9t/K20 Is It Not A Xiaomi Matter? What Then Makes You Think We Flare At Any Review Condemning Xiaomi?

To The K20 Pro's Matter MKBHD Said The Front Cam Is The Worst He's Seen Since He Started Reviewing Phones. People Using The Phone Here Said He Might Have Gotten A Faulty One Since They Have It And it Takes Better Pictures From The One He Posted. A Trip To The Comment Section Would Show Others Saying The Exact Thing We're Saying. Even Ada Mix Showed Tweets Of People Talking About The Review But No We Are Fanboys To You.

With All Due Respect If You're Angry Or Tired Of The Thread You Can Freely Leave. I Mean, Over 2 Million People Have Viewed This Thread. One Person Might Not Cause The Mods To Take It Down.

Have A Nice Evening wink cheesy

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by veekid(m): 3:48pm On Jul 27, 2019
genius43:

Which of the mods are you using?

BSG or Bulkin?
bsg
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omoadeleye(m): 3:51pm On Jul 27, 2019
genius43:

No official GCam port for Redmi 7 sorry

cry cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 3:52pm On Jul 27, 2019
Born2smile:

The explanation from omotolsy seems plausible.
MKBHD only commented on what he saw with his two korokoro eyes.
Others too stated what they have seen with their own eyes.
In the end, everybody is correct in one way or another.

It may just be a software glitch that causes it to produce horrible pictures in some situations.
That can be corrected in a firmware update.
Someone on the thread said he experienced similar issue only when light is coming directly into the camera...they said it cant be corrected with a software update and thats how the pop up mechanism is....their words not mine o..hehen.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by veekid(m): 4:01pm On Jul 27, 2019
genius43:

Try Bulkin.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-LroZ4Y7zjnvt62vtvqJ7EmSRWD3RE2O/view?usp=drivesdk

But I use BSG without issues though
ok sir, thank you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 27, 2019
picker:
Any Xiaomi mi 9 user on here.
I have a choice to pick between mi 9 and k20 pro, which one is okay for someone who doesn't play game a lot.
I think you should go for the mi9t has it's a balance between the two.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by veekid(m): 4:03pm On Jul 27, 2019
genius43:

Try Bulkin.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-LroZ4Y7zjnvt62vtvqJ7EmSRWD3RE2O/view?usp=drivesdk

But I use BSG without issues though
it says documents no longer available in the Google drive
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:10pm On Jul 27, 2019
veekid:
it says documents no longer available in the Google drive

That means it have gotten deleted.

Try the one for RN7 pro

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/GC_RN7P_6.2.030_V1FINAL.apk
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Babaheekmat: 4:11pm On Jul 27, 2019
Trex4:
No Offence Bro But You Know Very Little About Phones.... AnyBody That Objects To A Review Is Termed A Fan Boy By You. That's How You Said Samsung Should Not Be Compared To Xiaomi Because It's "Samsung". Someone Here Correctly Stated That Xiaomi Started The Bezelless Trend You Called Him A Fan Boy. Someone Correctly Said Xiaomi Displaced Samsung As Top Brand In India You Came As Usual With Your Fan Boy Statement. A Nice Clean Extra Tab On Your Mi Browser cheesy With A Google Page Loaded Would Do Well When Next You Want To Call Someone A Fan Boy Out Of Ignorance.

The People On This Thread Aren't Only Xiaomi Users, We have Oneplus, Lenovo, Pixel, Samsung And Umidigi Users Visiting The Thread. I'm Not A Xiaomi User. I Saw How Someone Stated Unequivocally That He Isn't A Xiaomi User When You Came With Your Usual Fan Boy Statement. The Mi 9 Se Crusader Here Is A Samsung User Who Said His A50 Beats The Mi 9 Se Hands Down.

Even So Xiaomi Users Criticise Xiaomi A Lot. I Remember When GP Tech And Fibonacci Used To Laugh At Xiaomi's Infinite Snapdragon 625 Chips. Even When Mi A3 Was Released People Here Called It A Downgrade. The Mi 9 Se Vs Mi 9t/K20 Is It Not A Xiaomi Matter? What Then Makes You Think We Flare At Any Review Condemning Xiaomi?

To The K20 Pro's Matter MKBHD Said The Front Cam Is The Worst He's Seen Since He Started Reviewing Phones. People Using The Phone Here Said He Might Have Gotten A Faulty One Since They Have It And it Takes Better Pictures From The One He Posted. A Trip To The Comment Section Would Show Others Saying The Exact Thing We're Saying. Even Ada Mix Showed Tweets Of People Talking About The Review But No We Are Fanboys To You.

With All Due Respect If You're Angry Or Tired Of The Thread You Can Freely Leave. I Mean, Over 2 Million People Have Viewed This Thread. One Person Might Not Cause The Mods To Take It Down.

Have A Nice Evening wink cheesy

You get time to type this epistle..

All i see is have a nice day.. and you too

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Babaheekmat: 4:11pm On Jul 27, 2019
Iyazking:
What's your best SOT

A day and some hours

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Babaheekmat: 4:12pm On Jul 27, 2019
genius43:

I told you it's not straight forward. You first have to unlock your bootloader (if it is not already), install a custom recovery, enable camera2api before you can install Gcam

It's already unlocked.. so, how do i go about it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:12pm On Jul 27, 2019
organism3:
does gearbest.com ship single order to nigeria like aliexpress?
Yes.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 27, 2019
Sinbo:

Am Tempted with the Macbeyland's deal but there is a but, i love to see what am buying b4 paying (money 4 hand back 4 ground) so i dnt know if its pay on delivery, though the 1.5k tfare is nt an issue becus i have budget 4 that already but that tempered glass and poch he added ehh is very tempting.
don't know about the pointek in your location but the one in Ikeja,has got all the Xiaomi Nigeria launched phones on display ...so you don't just see it but feel it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:13pm On Jul 27, 2019
Babaheekmat:

It's already unlocked.. so, how do i go about it

Cc: GrandMufti Gptech

Ask all your questions in this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/4694106/xiaomi-thread-tweaking-phones-spot

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:16pm On Jul 27, 2019
Babaheekmat:
No filter..
Wen u don ready to experiment, visit the other thread, blike this max 3 hardware good for some stuff grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:20pm On Jul 27, 2019
Gptech:

Wen u don ready to experiment, visit the other thread, blike this max 3 hardware good for some stuff grin.

I don give am direction

(1) (2) (3) ... (5609) (5610) (5611) (5612) (5613) (5614) (5615) ... (9334) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.