Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,067 members, 7,913,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 05:40 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9650056 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6138) (6139) (6140) (6141) (6142) (6143) (6144) ... (9341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eby001(m): 8:39am On Nov 01, 2019
biznus:
Now getting Glo 4g in rn7
Same here too, gbagi and also dugbe, ibadan

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bellachimax2: 8:45am On Nov 01, 2019
dljbd1:
smiley
Lol bust my head ���� see price... Am not falling for dis Bro �
Pls who de sell speaker and power bank ( redmi product)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 8:50am On Nov 01, 2019
genius43:

To add. The battery performance of the Redmi 7 is still rated over the Redmi 8 despite the 5kmah capacity.

But the Redmi 8 has a slightly better main camera than the Redmi 7.

Redmi 7 houses a slightly bigger display 6.26" as against 6.22" on Redmi 8

Yeah, I had to limit it to that so they guy won't further feel offended with me coz he don start dey get harsh because I gave my opinion on both devices.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 8:54am On Nov 01, 2019
Jecyangel:
Top of the day my people and happy November.
I made an order on AE which have arrived Nigeria since 12th of October as per tracking it. Since then i have been waiting for my local post office to give me a call which they haven't but I have been calling for the past 3weeks but they kept telling me it haven't arrived. Just on the 29th i got a mail that my package have arrived at my local post office, i still called but they said nothing for me. Tracking is showing failed delivery and later successful delivery where as i haven't received. Am just confused.

You maybe probably be called later in the day or Monday latest. The local post offices do experience minor delays due to sorting of parcels, especially if it's a branch that receives large traffic.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:00am On Nov 01, 2019
Bellachimax2:

Please how can I get a xaomi Bluetooth speaker and power bank, and how much is it pls

Contact Macbeyland, I am not a seller.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:01am On Nov 01, 2019
pleasure angry embarassed

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 9:04am On Nov 01, 2019
I can see that R7 users are already gearing up for the eminent R8 challenge and ready for a showdown cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 9:06am On Nov 01, 2019
hamtabfawaz:
please And Abeg who has Redmi NOTE 7, that they can dash me and i will just pay 8k!!! i love that phone but money no dey!!!
Na Only 8k i get !!! Who fit Help ooo angry embarassed

Even at IED point 20k can't get you a used one, kpele.

Continue saving
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 01, 2019
Guys is the video recording on Gcam great because have read some poor reviews... Do anyone have link to gcam that actually record videos
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 01, 2019
olayinkajnr:

Yeah, I had to limit it to that so they guy won't further feel offended with me coz he don start dey get harsh because I gave my opinion on both devices.
bro am sorry if I came out harsh but seriously Don't dismiss what u haven't used.. On paper review everything always looks great until first hand review...

I wonder why RN7 users still use Gcam if the 42MP was great

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 9:22am On Nov 01, 2019
kallmemrB:
bro am sorry if I came out harsh but seriously Don't dismiss what u haven't used.. On paper review everything always looks great until first hand review...

I get your point. I might not have used Redmi 8 seriously.

But I've used devices with same chipset as the one on Redmi 8 hence, my claim.

It's a good device not doubt. Beautifully designed and 5000mah is a big deal.

There are those that don't use GCAM on their RN7 and still take better pictures than those that uses GCAM on theirs.

Enjoy your device.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 01, 2019
Someone to come and pick up my 3/32gb Xiaomi redmi note 7 for 50k.. non negotiable.. contact me 0.8.1.9.5.9.seven.1.9. whatsapp only.. or email me. Open box. No faults. Bought an IPHONE Xr thats why
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 9:26am On Nov 01, 2019
kallmemrB:
Guys is the video recording on Gcam great because have read some poor reviews... Do anyone have link to gcam that actually record videos

It's not that bad but ain't spectacular either.

Is there no GCAM port for Redmi 8?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrlastborn(m): 9:27am On Nov 01, 2019
kallmemrB:

every single human being loves to ask for me. Gcam its a way of adding more addictive to the scent of a perfume, not that the scent of the perfume is weak, but because you want it to be out of Class. its just logical, even OnePlus devices still uses it.

And the weekend drama is kicking off in a bit....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 9:40am On Nov 01, 2019
olayinkajnr:

Well, the performance is not better on the Redmi 8. Although, it is cheaper.

Now, the SD439 on the Redmi 8 is on par with the old SD625 but not on par with SD632 on the Redmi 7.

The guy thinks I'm spiting his device but I'm not. If Redmi 8 has a SD630 SOC at least, I'll get even if the price is more than that of Redmi 7.

Check screenshot and the link below for more information.

https://versus.com/en/qualcomm-snapdragon-439-vs-qualcomm-snapdragon-632

This here is how to argue. Present the facts and evidence. Not by hearsay or trying to guilt-trip the other person or calling him names. Present facts. Olayinkajnr well-done my oga. You too much abeg.

11 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 9:41am On Nov 01, 2019
olayinkajnr:

If you want to get Redmi 8 because it's new, then get it. Redmi 7 is better than it in performance. It's a fact.

If you really wanna upgrade, get the Redmi note 7 or Note 8 instead. You are downgrading by wanting to get the Redmi 8. Big downgrade.

Don't allow someone that don't know the difference between them deceive you because he's using Redmi 8.
exactly the point,its just like porting from note 5 to note 6 pro then simply because it was a new phone as at that time whereas both phones were practically the same ,so Mr porting to redmi 8 from 7 isn't an upgrade

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 9:44am On Nov 01, 2019
Tiger2020:
exactly the point,its just like porting from note 5 to note 6 pro then simply because it was a new phone as at that time whereas both phones were practically the same ,so Mr porting to redmi 8 from 7 isn't an upgrade

Besides the battery and the slightly improved main sensor. It's a downgrade for me. Even if the SD439 was equated to the SD625, the SD 632 is still slightly better plus the other things Genius43 mentioned.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bolakale30(m): 10:08am On Nov 01, 2019
Good morning my neighbors... Gcam Night Sight... Note 8

12 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 01, 2019
Well interestingly there list of things Redmi 8 offer more.. Like the quick charge on 18W..type C charger (though Xiaomi didn't really get the usefulness of type C on all their devices).. Also the battery and its optimization.. The Camera lenses on 8 are better than 7... Wireless radio for radio lovers..

Lil I got for now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2sign: 10:17am On Nov 01, 2019
macbeyland:
I think the redmi 8 has band 28
Okay.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dietola01(m): 10:25am On Nov 01, 2019
Good morning! Please where can I get a stock charger for my mi 9t in port Harcourt? The follow come charger just got burnt..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Trex4(m): 10:39am On Nov 01, 2019
olayinkajnr:

If you want to get Redmi 8 because it's new, then get it. Redmi 7 is better than it in performance. It's a fact.

If you really wanna upgrade, get the Redmi note 7 or Note 8 instead. You are downgrading by wanting to get the Redmi 8. Big downgrade.

Don't allow someone that don't know the difference between them deceive you because he's using Redmi 8.
False redmi 8 is better. 5000mah,type c port, Better Camera sensor and 18 watt fast charging coupled with better design. The Snapdragon 632 isn't much better than the 439 as people think.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Trex4(m): 10:43am On Nov 01, 2019
hamtabfawaz:
please And Abeg who has Redmi NOTE 7, that they can dash me and i will just pay 8k!!! i love that phone but money no dey!!!
Na Only 8k i get !!! Who fit Help ooo angry embarassed
grin Something tells me Grandmufti has the best reply for this guy grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 01, 2019
Trex4:
False redmi 8 is better. 5000mah,type c port and 18watt fast charging coupled with better design. The Snapdragon 632 isn't much better than the 439 as people think.

Redmi 8 gets significant upgrades in the camera department. The entry-level smartphone uses a 12MP lens with a Sony IMX363 sensor.
Even the battery is much bigger than the Redmi 7. Redmi 8 also features 18W fast-charging support via USB Type-C

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:52am On Nov 01, 2019
Trex4:
grin Something tells me Grandmufti has the best reply for this guy grin

I been don jump pass am grin

hamtabfawaz:
Brand New phones for sale!
Redmi 7 3gb/64gb #50k
Redmi 7A 2gb/32gb #33k
Nokia X6 6gb/64gb #49k

To order Call or whatsapp
#EasyDelivery To your doorstep

hamtabfawaz:
Na Only 8k i get !!! Who fit Help ooo angry :-
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Trex4(m): 10:58am On Nov 01, 2019
kallmemrB:

Redmi 8 gets significant upgrades in the camera department. The entry-level smartphone uses a 12MP lens with a Sony IMX363 sensor.
Even the battery is much bigger than the Redmi 7. Redmi 8 also features 18W fast-charging support via USB Type-C
Definitely.The redmi 8 is better than the redmi 7 In all aspects apart from the processor which isn't that much of a big difference. The processor is even built on an 11nm process vs 14nm on the 636. coupled with the gigantic battery and fast charging, along with a nice camera and display, these features will make the redmi 8 a no brained at that price segment. There's a marketing strategy xiaomi brought with the Note 8 and that's More ram at a lesser price the base ram is actually 3gb Vs the 2gb on the redmi 7. Saying its a big downgrade isn't right in my humble opinion. Antutu scores? Well, have a look....

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Trex4(m): 10:59am On Nov 01, 2019
GrandMufti:

I been don jump pass am grin

No Wonder grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 11:05am On Nov 01, 2019
Trex4:
False redmi 8 is better. 5000mah,type c port, Better Camera sensor and 18 watt fast charging coupled with better design. The Snapdragon 632 isn't much better than the 439 as people think

Isn't much better but it's still better.

When you are ready to run intensive stuffs on a device with 439, then you'll know 632 is better.

Plus, the onus here is performance. How did you miss that?

I clearly knew about other features the Redmi 8 packs but it doesn't matter to me while making my point because the person concerned wants a device with better performance than Redmi 7 at a cheap price like the Redmi 8 despite the fact that he's using Redmi 7. Will you then advice him to take the leap?

No argue for argument sake. Follow how it all started.

If those you've listed is the main thing you want in a phone, no one says you shouldn't get it.

Fact remains, Redmi 7 is still better considering the person that asked is using Redmi 7 and instead of getting a Redmi 8, it's better he gets RN7 or RN8 as Redmi 8 ain't an upgrade. It's just in between.

Plus, you still used my reference to prove my point.

Choice lies with the person that wants to get it.

12 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Trex4(m): 11:14am On Nov 01, 2019
olayinkajnr:

Isn't much better but it's still better.

When you are ready to run intensive stuffs on a device with 439, then you'll know 632 is better.

Plus, the onus here is performance.

If those you've listed is the main thing you want in a phone, no one says you shouldn't get it.

Fact remains, Redmi 7 is still better considering the person that asked is using Redmi 7 and instead of getting a Redmi 8, it's better he gets RN7 or RN8 as Redmi 8 ain't an upgrade. It's just in between.

Plus, you still used my reference to prove my point.

Choice lies with the person that wants to get it.
What intensive stuffs please? Also you know that the antutu score of the 439 is 80,000 Right? Vs 100k on the 632. That's like a 730 Vs Kirin 810. The 439 and 632 were released at the same time by Qualcomm so it might have had something to do with xiaomi throwing it's weight with the 439. The 810 is better yes, but you can still use the 730 good. Same goes for the 632 and 439. Apart from the processor In what other way is the redmi 7 better?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sheggsliveth: 11:17am On Nov 01, 2019
I don't have prove but am pretty sure Redmi 7 is better in processor. 6 is better than 4 that's my prove fight me... grin

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 11:17am On Nov 01, 2019
Trex4:
What intensive stuffs please? Also you know that the antutu score of the 439 is 80,000 Right? Vs 100k on the 632. That's like a 730 Vs Kirin 810. The 439 and 632 were released at the same time by Qualcomm so it might have had something to do with xiaomi throwing it's weight with the 439. The 810 is better yes, but you can still use the 730 good. Same goes for the 632 and 439. Apart from the processor In what other way is the redmi 7 better?

Guy, how did you miss that point that performance is the onus here?

Plus you still prove my point that Redmi 7 performs better than Redmi 8 which is the point and the onus of this discussion since morning.

Did you bother to read how the discussion started since morning or you just want to argue for argument sake?

Everything you typed up there still points to one thing.

Redmi 7 performs better than Redmi 8.

Go back to how the discussion started and adjust your position please.

The guy in question is using a Redmi 7 and he wants to get a Redmi 8. Then he stated that, he wants performance at a cheap. Hence, my opinion.

If you still can't get the fact that my comparison is based on performance, then I can't help you and this matter die now.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 11:17am On Nov 01, 2019
sheggsliveth:

I don't have prove but am pretty sure Redmi 7 is better in processor. 6 is better than 4 that's my prove fight me... grin

Abeg leave the guy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6138) (6139) (6140) (6141) (6142) (6143) (6144) ... (9341) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: MitchellK and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.