Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,820 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:28 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9533030 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7170) (7171) (7172) (7173) (7174) (7175) (7176) ... (9337) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Betnomore: 5:14pm On May 03, 2020
Bro just avoid that Seagate if na new external hard drive. I bought one and had my files and more than 50 PS4 games on it. All of a sudden just using it on my ps4 to install games na him e pack up ooo. Hard disk wey I dey take care of like say na egg. I no fit cry cos of the amount of files I lost and the money wey I take buy am. The hard disk no use 6 months and I bought it brand new

genius43:

I am thinking of getting a 2TB external, I am torn between WD and Seagate.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Henryneo(m): 5:19pm On May 03, 2020
Hey guys, so i made a how to video on Installing MIUI 12 on any Xiaomi Device..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEqSOBRdRMk

Hope it helps those who'd like to install MIUI 12 on their Xiaomi phones

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lovelani(m): 5:19pm On May 03, 2020
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iKingsley(m): 5:21pm On May 03, 2020
Tiger2020:
one mistake one don't need to make just because of brand name
I would think the reason some people get a used phone is because of the cheap price tag.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:26pm On May 03, 2020
tecsalt:

Turned both off... Using only Airtel 4G

Wondering though because my Redmi7 battery is superb with all the features on...

Wi-Fi Scanning, Bluetooth Scanning, Both Sims on 4G, and looks okay compare to this RN8

You are not in the same location, like I told him earlier network is the problem. My best network in my locality might be your worst.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:28pm On May 03, 2020
lovelani:
Note 9Pro:

https://www.facebook.com/138052438991/posts/10157572609398992/?app=fbl

We posted it here on the day of launch on Thursday
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:29pm On May 03, 2020
Betnomore:
Bro just avoid that Seagate if na new external hard drive. I bought one and had my files and more than 50 PS4 games on it. All of a sudden just using it on my ps4 to install games na him e pack up ooo. Hard disk wey I dey take care of like say na egg. I no fit cry cos of the amount of files I lost and the money wey I take buy am. The hard disk no use 6 months and I bought it brand new

Yea, I have seen a lot of bad reviews of their external HDDs. My alternative was to buy a 2TB, 2.5" Barracuda SSHD and buy a case for it and use it as external.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 5:41pm On May 03, 2020
Henryneo:
Hey guys, so i made a how to video on Installing MIUI 12 on any Xiaomi Device..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEqSOBRdRMk

Hope it helps those who'd like to install MIUI 12 on their Xiaomi phones

But this is custom MIUI Na. Abi no be xiaomi.eu I dey see so?

It's not official
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Henryneo(m): 5:44pm On May 03, 2020
Yes, it's a guide for installing either the Official China ROM or Xiaomi.EU ROM

GrandMufti:

But this is custom MIUI Na. Abi no be xiaomi.eu I dey see so?

It's not official
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 5:44pm On May 03, 2020
Chivic6452:
Good afternoon i have a redmi note 8 which has been bricked. Its not powering on. When its connected to pc. The pc detects it as qualcomm qs loader 9008 any chance it can get flashed when i take it down to xiaomi service centre. Any one experienced this and how did you go about it.

But how did you know it was bricked?

If bootloader is not unlocked, check YouTube on how to do testpoint method
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 5:49pm On May 03, 2020
Henryneo:
Yes, it's a guide for installing either the Official China ROM or Xiaomi.EU ROM

But You stated that bootloader needs to unlocked, which is misleading.

Edit your initial post and put a caveat there. Majority of folks here just update through OTA.

You dont need unlocking before installing official MIUI rom.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GreaterFuture1(m): 6:00pm On May 03, 2020
madgoat:

May be stolen
Lol No It isn't, I think. The thread is somewhere here in the phones section

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 6:17pm On May 03, 2020
GreaterFuture1:

Bros, just follow your heart as advised earlier. Do a background check on the seller...you can use the NL search button.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 6:36pm On May 03, 2020
Betnomore:

For Hard drives, get Dell..... They are baba & mama of external HDD.......
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Luisema4luv(m): 6:46pm On May 03, 2020
Lexusgs430:

I never see HDD wer get issue reach dell (dont knw if that trend dn change though,just lik hp with battery issues
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 6:48pm On May 03, 2020
Luisema4luv:

I never see HDD wer get issue reach dell (dont knw if that trend dn change though,just lik hp with battery issues

Wow...... My HDD is going on stronger..... Almost 6 years later.......
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olanreyman(m): 7:19pm On May 03, 2020
Keiyadosh:

In the 100k price point,, please recommend phones for me that are as premium as d S9+
Baba buy the s9+ sd845 model provided it's in mint condition. You wouldn't get better value and quality for 100k that's the simple truth

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 7:27pm On May 03, 2020
Keiyadosh:

In the 100k price point,, please recommend phones for me that are as premium as d S9+

It's more important to define the stuff you need in a phone.
I recommend you go to gsmarena and do an "advanced" search. Define all the parameters you want and it'll give you a list then you can look up the prices of those phones

My knowledge on phones isn't vast enough for me to start recommending phones but dts where i begin my own research sha

Personally, I'm done with used phones. Maybe openbox sha. If I want a flagship of 500 dollars, I'll start saving up but the stuff i need is easily fulfilled by a good midranger so I'm okay. And dts the story of how i ported from apple to android and now my sweet sweet mi 9t cool cool

11 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by remele2(f): 7:36pm On May 03, 2020
New redmi note7 needed..
Quote me if u have it with the prize and whatsapp number
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by incredible16(m): 7:48pm On May 03, 2020
Bro,I need games for my PS4 too..help my life abeg
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xoftxoul: 7:49pm On May 03, 2020
olanreyman:

Baba buy the s9+ sd845 model provided it's in mint condition. You wouldn't get better value and quality for 100k that's the simple truth
There's one major caveat with all these used phones..... Battery.
Just so you know... The s9+ is on its last run for software updates and optimizations (if it hasn't already sef). Get something more current (preferably new at that price point) and have peace of mind. Don't be tricked by that chipset... A whole lot of other factors may frustrate the experience

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olanreyman(m): 7:55pm On May 03, 2020
xoftxoul:

There's one major caveat with all these used phones..... Battery.
Just so you know... The s9+ is on its last run for software updates and optimizations (if it hasn't already sef). Get something more current (preferably new at that price point) and have peace of mind. Don't be tricked by that chipset... A whole lot of other factors may frustrate the experience
True sha. But for me if you keep s9+ and the recent redmi note 9s I would go for s9+ without thinking twice. Sd 720G would never match sd 845 of for years ago
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olanreyman(m): 8:32pm On May 03, 2020
Failure44:

It's an insult to compare any redmi note series to the s9+.
If you want a xaimoi device that's better than it then go for k20 pro or mi 9
Bro I'm not comparing both phones. I'm trying to relate sd 845 for 100k to sd 730G for 100k. They told the guy to ignore s9+ and go for a 2020 phone with s9+ spec in price bracket of 100k because it's 2yrs old forgetting that the s9+ still murders most of the latest phones. I'm only advising him to go for s9+ if it's in mint condition because he wouldn't get any other value for 100k otherwise he should up his money and lookout for recent flagship like mi 9 Pro that has good spec as the s9+
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 8:34pm On May 03, 2020
Lexusgs430:

But what if someone is lookin for aunty and brother of HDD instead cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 8:37pm On May 03, 2020
abdsamad:

But what if someone is lookin for aunty and brother of HDD instead cool

Dele can offer you those....... smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AududuNine11: 8:43pm On May 03, 2020
olanreyman:

Bro I'm not comparing both phones. I'm trying to relate sd 845 for 100k to sd 730G for 100k. They told the guy to ignore s9+ and go for a 2020 phone with s9+ spec in price bracket of 100k because it's 2yrs old forgetting that the s9+ still murders most of the latest phones. I'm only advising him to go for s9+ if it's in mint condition because he wouldn't get any other value for 100k otherwise he should up his money and lookout for recent flagship like mi 9 Pro that has good spec as the s9+
So i will now be buying 2yrs old phone for 100k as against, let's say, getting a brand new Redmi Note 9s? 2 good years
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xoftxoul: 8:51pm On May 03, 2020
olanreyman:

True sha. But for me if you keep s9+ and the recent redmi note 9s I would go for s9+ without thinking twice. Sd 720G would never match sd 845 of for years ago
It's not about the chipset per se... It's the overall experience in the short-term and long term. If he goes with the s9+ the phone will most likely be problematic than utilitarian under a year or a little over a year. Whereas a new phone is highly probable to take him 3 years and counting. My bet is still on a new phone rather than an old used flagship.

12 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 9:04pm On May 03, 2020
GreaterFuture1:

Make sure the seller log out his mi account before you buy..

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by naijasensei: 9:15pm On May 03, 2020
genius43:

Yea, I have seen a lot of bad reviews of their external HDDs. My alternative was to buy a 2TB, 2.5" Barracuda SSHD and buy a case for it and use it as external.

Good decision, most of those external hard drives are poorly constructed hatch jobs. If you ever have the need to open one (a cheap one), you will shed a tear or two. Stick to the 2.5" cases.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elxandre(m): 9:26pm On May 03, 2020
abdsamad:

It's more important to define the stuff you need in a phone.
I recommend you go to gsmarena and do an "advanced" search. Define all the parameters you want and it'll give you a list then you can look up the prices of those phones

My knowledge on phones isn't vast enough for me to start recommending phones but dts where i begin my own research sha

Personally, I'm done with used phones. Maybe openbox sha. If I want a flagship of 500 dollars, I'll start saving up but the stuff i need is easily fulfilled by a good midranger so I'm okay. And dts the story of how i ported from apple to android and now my sweet sweet mi 9t cool cool
But do you use used Computers?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Luisema4luv(m): 9:30pm On May 03, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Wow...... My HDD is going on stronger..... Almost 6 years later.......

all this tins na luck sha,same Seagate wee dey serve me lik mad since 2016 na another person problem so,so just choose ur devil nd pray it does nt injure u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7170) (7171) (7172) (7173) (7174) (7175) (7176) ... (9337) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.