Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,163 members, 7,907,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 02:31 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (9338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9636290 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9335) (9336) (9337) (9338) (9339) (9340) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 12:38pm On Jul 08
eteebanky1:

In this case, I'll advise you to apply liquid screenguard first before putting Glass one on it

I disagree sha. That liquid may find it's way into the display before it hardens. The glass won't expand or crack unless he holds his phone over a furnace or drops it again. He can slap a screen guard over it and rest easy.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 23jerryking(m): 6:25pm On Jul 08
atheistandproud:

I disagree sha. That liquid may find it's way into the display before it hardens. The glass won't expand or crack unless he holds his phone over a furnace or drops it again. He can slap a screen guard over it and rest easy.
You know there used to be a time when this was true. But when my former phone had this challenge I slapped a new screen protector upon it and yet is still managed to find a way to expand even without dropping.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by paulcr7: 6:46pm On Jul 08
My Redmi Note 12's hotspot switches off itself even when devices are connected. Does anyone have an idea how to solve it?

Also, I have been getting these "couldn't activate sync call history and messages" notifications since. How can I resolve it?

Everything I have tried didn't work.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 4:33am On Jul 09
23jerryking:
You know there used to be a time when this was true. But when my former phone had this challenge I slapped a new screen protector upon it and yet is still managed to find a way to expand even without dropping.

Glass is not a living entity. It doesn't do things instead it reacts to actions. If a screen has a crack already, it'll grow due to:

1. Applied pressure
2. Physical trauma (falls or bumps)
3. Movements and vibrations (especially the latter)
4. Quick temperature changes (cool to hot and hot back to cool). Glass expands on heating and shrinks on cooling. The SoC uses the display as a heatsink too.

If you've had glass cracks expand before then it's the user's fault, never the glass' fault. Because glass is an inanimate object.

If the person in question is using a phone covered by Gorilla Glass 3, 4 or 5, they need not worry. The crack they're seeing is on the Gorilla Glass and won't affect the touch screen or the display below.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 4:36am On Jul 09
paulcr7:
My Redmi Note 12's hotspot switches off itself even when devices are connected. Does anyone have an idea how to solve it?

Also, I have been getting these "couldn't activate sync call history and messages" notifications since. How can I resolve it?

Everything I have tried didn't work.

1. Does your phone heat up?
2. Does it lag during hotspot use?
3. Do you run out of RAM?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by paulcr7: 9:06am On Jul 09
No. No. No

atheistandproud:

1. Does your phone heat up?
2. Does it lag during hotspot use?
3. Do you run out of RAM?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 23jerryking(m): 6:05pm On Jul 09
atheistandproud:

Glass is not a living entity. It doesn't do things instead it reacts to actions. If a screen has a crack already, it'll grow due to:

1. Applied pressure
2. Physical trauma (falls or bumps)
3. Movements and vibrations (especially the latter)
4. Quick temperature changes (cool to hot and hot back to cool). Glass expands on heating and shrinks on cooling. The SoC uses the display as a heatsink too.

If you've had glass cracks expand before then it's the user's fault, never the glass' fault. Because glass is an inanimate object.

If the person in question is using a phone covered by Gorilla Glass 3, 4 or 5, they need not worry. The crack they're seeing is on the Gorilla Glass and won't affect the touch screen or the display below.
Okay...
So that's how it works?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:16am On Jul 10
loricara:

Please take your advert to the appropriate thread and take this off from here. Adverts are not allowed on this particular thread.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 4:09pm On Jul 10
23jerryking:
Okay...
So that's how it works?

Yes sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 4:10pm On Jul 10
paulcr7:
No. No. No

Then I don't know bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by holarmy10(m): 11:23am On Jul 11
Redmi 10 prime 6/64 available

Slightly negotiable
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omeiza49ja: 11:55am On Jul 11
X
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omeiza49ja: 11:58am On Jul 11
tellsblinks:

Poco m4 pro available for 120k
Slightly negotiable

Is it still avialable and what is your location?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by harderemi(m): 12:20pm On Jul 11
Recommend good xiaomi redmi phone that is below 250k. With good camera and other great features.
Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 1:35pm On Jul 11
harderemi:
Recommend good xiaomi redmi phone that is below 250k. With good camera and other great features.
Thanks

No adverts allowed here

But look not further,

Brand new Redmi note 11 pro plus,

Please come to WhatsApp for further discussion.

Cheers.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tellsblinks(m): 2:43pm On Jul 11
omeiza49ja:

Is it still avialable and what is your location?

Port Harcourt, call 081 69400427
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Seyilome(m): 1:19am On Jul 12
atheistandproud:

Yes sir
Baba,, u don't even talk about ps2 emulator games anymore and u don't talk about other tech stuffs again, what happened ?,, cos I do enjoy ur threads,,, pls start again
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by holarmy10(m): 4:09am On Jul 12
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:42am On Jul 12
holarmy10:
Available

A post above just told you no adverts here and you still go ahead to post your second advert on this same page.

When you get banned you will insult the mod like you did not break the below rule.

6. Don't post adverts or affiliate links outside the areas where adverts are explicitly allowed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by holarmy10(m): 3:01pm On Jul 12
genius43:

A post above just told you no adverts here and you still go ahead to post your second advert on this same page.

When you get banned you will insult the mod like you did not break the below rule.

6. Don't post adverts or affiliate links outside the areas where adverts are explicitly allowed

Baba no vex, I no go run am again
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AlphaNugget(m): 4:52pm On Jul 12
Modified
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Geld(m): 10:30pm On Jul 12
Please y'all should come to my aid..My Redmi note 8 don't get network even though I get 4G for both Airtel and MTN...I dey call and receive call but once I wan browse na war...
I even missed a Zoom interview today embarassed...na now I use person hotspot I see am..
Make Una help me abeg..it's really frustrating

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lukfame(m): 11:10am On Jul 13
Good morning my people.
Please i need original cable for my 67watt charger.
I have one 6A Cord but it refused to charge using 67watt speed and now giving my phone ghost touches.

Kindly help out please.

Thank you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pelvicky(m): 4:42pm On Jul 14
Good evening house, please what can i do?

my redmi note 12 hotspot keep disconnecting itself whenever i turn it on and connected it with other device
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:41pm On Jul 14
Geld:
Please y'all should come to my aid..My Redmi note 8 don't get network even though I get 4G for both Airtel and MTN...I dey call and receive call but once I wan browse na war...
I even missed a Zoom interview today embarassed...na now I use person hotspot I see am..
Make Una help me abeg..it's really frustrating

Check your APN settings.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ExtraUniqueGuy(m): 2:27pm On Jul 16
pelvicky:
Good evening house, please what can i do?

my redmi note 12 hotspot keep disconnecting itself whenever i turn it on and connected it with other device

Did they send a bug via ota to our RN12 phones ni abi what exactly happened? I noticed this about 2weeks ago on my phone, it has never happened before then and I do connect my PC every time. I've never updated the phone since I got it (will clock a year next month). I guess the actual lifespan for most redmi note phones is now 1 year (before it starts to misbehave).
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ExtraUniqueGuy(m): 2:29pm On Jul 16
Pastorjohn2:

Yes
We thank God for yahoo

I for still dey use my redmi 10c grin

Damn, this got me rolling grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lukfame(m): 3:44pm On Jul 16
Good afternoon. Can someone please help me on how to get rid of serious ghost touches on my poco f4. It is driving me crazy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:32pm On Jul 16
lukfame:
Good afternoon. Can someone please help me on how to get rid of serious ghost touches on my poco f4. It is driving me crazy

Ghost touches is a hardware issue. You may need to get a new display
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by norhienjosiah(m): 8:27pm On Jul 16
I need redmi 9 screen
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Djdannyb4u(m): 1:36am On Jul 17
Good morning gr8 pipo.
I'm a Samsung user but to opt into Redmi for my wife (since $ don make am a bit challenging to keep up)
My fear in this Redmi is the number of complaints I've read on this thread. Complaints like: lifespan, ghost touches, etc.
I know all devices have their challenges but Redmi own plenty. So why are people rushing to get a Redmi?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9335) (9336) (9337) (9338) (9339) (9340) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.