Stats: 3,174,719 members, 7,892,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 06:23 PM

Yekini Never Neglected His Mother – Lawyer - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yekini Never Neglected His Mother – Lawyer (22391 Views)

Before And After Photos Of Rashidi Yekini’s Mother’s House... / Rashidi Yekini’s Mother Sells Bread For Survival In Kwara (photo) / Rashidi Yekini's Abandoned House In Ibadan As He Marks 4th Anniversary 2day (2) (3) (4)

Re: Yekini Never Neglected His Mother – Lawyer by chinchum(m): 1:55pm On May 08, 2016
Ibime:
Rejoinder to the lawyers statement ripped from a friend's FB Wall:

RASHIDI WAS NOT THE PROBLEM, IT IS THE PEOPLE LEFT BEHIND, INCLUDING THE LAWYER: A REJOINDER TO THE ARTICLE ON MAMA YEKINI

I read this article yesterday and planned not to respond until we complete our Project Mama Yekini (PMY) here so it doesn't distract us. However, I made a rethink as it may be too late.

The article was published on SR yesterday and written by Yekini's lawyer, Rashidi Mohammed. While I would have preferred not getting drawn into their family affairs and focus entirely on justifying the obvious fact that the woman needs help, it has become imperative to also set some records straight based on information available to me too.

As someone experienced in projects of coordinating fund raising for like 5 years now, I knew that the first action expected of me was to VERIFY the case beyond reports in the media.

Thankfully, this was easy as I'm from that part of the country and I have trusted friends here who can help us with verification. So two of our friends here, one a medical doctor, the other the Registrar of a College of Education, volunteered to do all they can to access the woman and assess the situation.

They swung into action, sought approval of DPO of the area, saw a local traditional chief and uncle of Yekini. Although, a couple of people mounted resistance thinking they were men of the press, our verification team finally accessed the woman after telling them their mission, which additional promise by the medical doctor to return later to do health check to her.

They came back and reported what they saw and heard.

1, The woman is obviously not in good financial state. Apart from 3 loaves of bread and few N20 biscuits that were her stock, there was nothing in that shop. There was an old, rusting, empty probably non-functional fridge.

2, The woman has an account in a local microfinance bank, but she was duped of N100k, about her last savings, by a very close person recently. I'm not mentioning names because we don't want to be drawn into their family affairs.

4, We heard about what the wives and the lawyer (the writer of that SR article) did in sharing Rashidi's inheritance, but we would prefer not to publicize it, because we don't want to be drawn into their family affairs.

5, We have information about the habit of a close person that is meant to be taking care of her. Unfortunately, it's not a character of responsibility.

5, Looking for answer to the lawyer's question on how the woman spends the rent, look no further than the above.

6, Yes, the woman is herself generous as we heard story of how she relinquished some of her meagre share in Yekini's inheritance to another family member (estranged wife, we heard) just for peace to reign.

In conclusion, I agree with the lawyer that it is unfair to castigate Rashidi as he was not the problem. He took care of her when alive. As someone from that part too, I know old, unlettered women, no matter how successful their offspring are, still like petty home trading, selling soft drinks, biscuits etc. In fact, some men see that as a way to keep them active rather than staying indoor all day (when their children are in Kaduna, Ibadan, Lagos even London) and aging easily. I confirm that it's a common thing in ilu oke. I also made that shop provision for my mum when I completed my countryhome in 2013. But that Yekini's case is extreme. While it was true that she had been using that shop even when Yekini was alive and successful, the state of that shop now (3 loaves of bread, 5 biscuits and old damaged fridge) shows someone living below the basic standard of life.

So the problem is not Rashidi Yekini, it is the people left behind that should have taken responsibility of the care of that woman, including the lawyer-writer, that are the problem

The woman looked unkempt from the pix SR posted fuelling the high possibility she is not properly taken care of, she also didnt look cheerful . Even if she has 10 million in her account, someone younger close to her should monitor her to ensure she is well fed, wears neat clothes, takes drugs if necessary and takes her bath regularly.

It is quite unfair to heap blames on SR, they did a good job by reporting the story accompanied with pix. A pictures speaks a 1000 words, even though i must confess it is not always right.
Re: Yekini Never Neglected His Mother – Lawyer by lolu20: 2:13pm On May 08, 2016
if I have my way,I will sue Sahara reporters.constituting nuisance everywhere. is it dat dey can't keep their mouth shut.Awon omo ale
Re: Yekini Never Neglected His Mother – Lawyer by wizkidblogger(f): 2:36pm On May 08, 2016
caesaraba:
God bless the Lawyer. His loyalty to Rashidi even after death is commendable.

Yes o. A lawyer like this deserves a medal from the government ooo.
Re: Yekini Never Neglected His Mother – Lawyer by jeje123(m): 2:37pm On May 08, 2016
nedu2000:
N80k for 3 bedroom flat?! House cheap for kwara oh
It depends on location
Re: Yekini Never Neglected His Mother – Lawyer by alizma: 2:46pm On May 08, 2016
thatNUPEboy:
Sahara Reported what they believe. The lawyer is Saying what he knows.
the two parties are right. we all saw the pix and the lawyer has not denied the woman as being rashidi's mother the question should be, why is d woman looking that bad, what has she been doing with all the money?
Re: Yekini Never Neglected His Mother – Lawyer by just2okworld(f): 3:00pm On May 08, 2016
Issoright
Re: Yekini Never Neglected His Mother – Lawyer by nkemdi89(f): 3:11pm On May 08, 2016
Taku555:
honestly. That's loyalty, the lawyer most have been a trustworthy person both in human and professionalism
I believe the lawyer is from kwara and also an alfa,honesty, dedication are some of the traits displayed by people from that region.

Re: Yekini Never Neglected His Mother – Lawyer by olajigaolamide: 3:27pm On May 08, 2016
The lawyer did the right thing

Re: Yekini Never Neglected His Mother – Lawyer by PussyKrook: 4:59pm On May 08, 2016
This lawyer just confirmed what I said about the original story. Mama is simply trying to be active, keep fit. Let ours mamas be. They don't need to look sophisticated and flashy in conformity with modern times.

Re: Yekini Never Neglected His Mother – Lawyer by lagosrd: 5:00pm On May 08, 2016
funnynation:
Who do we beliv now? Sahara or lawyer? Na dem sabi ooo.

Nairaland official comedian

Believe the lawyer cos he is a known reputable lawyer in adamasingba . Ibadan area of oyo state. A trusted man . I have met him and worked with him before.

Re: Yekini Never Neglected His Mother – Lawyer by PussyKrook: 5:07pm On May 08, 2016
chinchum:
The woman looked unkempt from the pix SR posted fuelling the high possibility she is not properly taken care of, she also didnt look cheerful . Even if she has 10 million in her account, someone younger close to her should monitor her to ensure she is well fed, wears neat clothes, takes drugs if necessary and takes her bath regularly.

It is quite unfair to heap blames on SR, they did a good job by reporting the story accompanied with pix. A pictures speaks a 1000 words, even though i must confess it is not always right.

She looked unkempt? Really? This mama has always been like this, even when her son was alive. To insinuate or allude or even presume that her looks should be the basis for judging her is to suggest that she needs to be, look a certain way. When the story was posted on nairaland yesterday, Someone from their village who knows the family very well posted here that the story is false. He confirmed that mama has always sold stuff right in front of the house.

You sir, have a shallow mentality. SR should confirm the story first. It looks like someone just took that photo and sent it to them.

Do not judge people by their looks. Cheap shot

Re: Yekini Never Neglected His Mother – Lawyer by lagosrd: 5:26pm On May 08, 2016
alizma:

the two parties are right. we all saw the pix and the lawyer has not denied the woman as being rashidi's mother the question should be, why is d woman looking that bad, what has she been doing with all the money?

Sahara reporters are totally wrong.

Re: Yekini Never Neglected His Mother – Lawyer by Sunlad16(m): 5:44pm On May 08, 2016
I believe him because Rasheed bought car for one of my friends when my friend had problem.

Re: Yekini Never Neglected His Mother – Lawyer by AkoEja: 6:42pm On May 08, 2016
I am so happy that this lawyer came out to say this. Rashidi Yekinni was very generous when he was alive, and he helped a lot of people with money, not only his family. God will punish those trying to destroy his legacy. He was a good man. When a mother loses a son, especially a prominent star like Rashidi, and another one; she is bound to become depressed. She might just be selling small wares so as not to stay idle, and we all know Rashidi was from a very humble background. With all his money when he was alive, he stayed in the Sabo area of Ibadan among the poor
Re: Yekini Never Neglected His Mother – Lawyer by ADEBAYOKS(m): 6:43pm On May 08, 2016
God bless d bar.
Re: Yekini Never Neglected His Mother – Lawyer by chinchum(m): 8:04pm On May 08, 2016
PussyKrook:

She looked unkempt? Really? This mama has always been like this, even when her son was alive. To insinuate or allude or even presume that her looks should be the basis for judging her is to suggest that she needs to be, look a certain way. When the story was posted on nairaland yesterday, Someone from their village who knows the family very well posted here that the story is false. He confirmed that mama has always sold stuff right in front of the house.

You sir, have a shallow mentality. SR should confirm the story first. It looks like someone just took that photo and sent it to them.

Do not judge people by their looks. Cheap shot
You are a dunce. I am certain of that.
The first level of assessment of anyones well being starts from the looks. My last post clearly stated that " pictures speak a thousand words, even though it is not always right". The rejoinder i quoted which was at variance to the lawyers claims means someone is not painting the truth. I didnt claim there was anything wrong with her selling stuffs in front of her house. So, what nonsense is you a "pusssy crook" trying to tell me ?
Re: Yekini Never Neglected His Mother – Lawyer by DTaj: 8:45pm On May 08, 2016
Caracta:
This is loyalty.

Even after death, the lawyer is still representing his client (Rashidi).

Profound comment, Caracta. Well written! Kudos to the lawyer!

Re: Yekini Never Neglected His Mother – Lawyer by DTaj: 8:59pm On May 08, 2016
I agree with the lawyer.

It is common practice with old women (especially in "ilu oke" states- Oyo, Kwara, Ekiti, Ondo, Osun, etc).

They would always seek to sell stuff to remain active.

For instance, as Buhari's number 2 man, General Tunde Idiagbon's mother sold kerosene in their Idiagbon compound family home in Ilorin and refused to move to GRA Ilorin where the son had a house, let alone move to Dodan Barracks in Lagos where Idiagbon lived as Nigeria's number 2 man!!!
Re: Yekini Never Neglected His Mother – Lawyer by Caracta(f): 9:30pm On May 08, 2016
DTaj:
I agree with the lawyer.

It is common practice with old women (especially in "ilu oke" states- Oyo, Kwara, Ekiti, Ondo, Osun, etc).

They would always seek to sell stuff to remain active.

For instance, as Buhari's number 2 man, General Tunde Idiagbon's mother sold kerosene in their Idiagbon compound family home in Ilorin and refused to move to GRA Ilorin where the son had a house, let alone move to Dodan Barracks in Lagos where Idiagbon lived as Nigeria's number 2 man!!!

I really wonder why they are like that. And it works for them...they tend to live longer in good health. Just imagine Idiagbon's mother selling kerosene when she could live at a GRA without lifting a finger. There are some things in life beyond vain pleasures and poshness.
Re: Yekini Never Neglected His Mother – Lawyer by Taku555(m): 9:43pm On May 08, 2016
nkemdi89:

I believe the lawyer is from kwara and also an alfa,honesty, dedication are some of the traits displayed by people from that region.
mmmmmmm! Are u also from Kwara state?
Re: Yekini Never Neglected His Mother – Lawyer by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:46pm On May 08, 2016
is yinkini from kwara.... but in the news i heard here they posted it that he stay iin ibadan...
Re: Yekini Never Neglected His Mother – Lawyer by nkemdi89(f): 10:46pm On May 08, 2016
Taku555:
mmmmmmm! Are u also from Kwara state?

Not at all, but longtime relationship with them.
Re: Yekini Never Neglected His Mother – Lawyer by manakocha(m): 8:11am On May 09, 2016
Barrister may be doing his job though.... but all the same; the Legend must have done well to deserve this post mortem accolades. sahara-pls inquire more on ur findings.
Re: Yekini Never Neglected His Mother – Lawyer by PussyKrook: 12:41pm On May 09, 2016
chinchum:
You are a dunce. I am certain of that.
The first level of assessment of anyones well being starts from the looks. My last post clearly stated that " pictures speak a thousand words, even though it is not always right". The rejoinder i quoted which was at variance to the lawyers claims means someone is not painting the truth. I didnt claim there was anything wrong with her selling stuffs in front of her house. So, what nonsense is you a "pusssy crook" trying to tell me ?

Haha. That Moniker is for suckers like you, who judge people base on looks. Keyboard warrior. You sir have a shallow mentality; she also dint look cheerful. Cheap shot, you can't blame SR. Maybe you work for them. FOH
Re: Yekini Never Neglected His Mother – Lawyer by Taku555(m): 12:50pm On May 09, 2016
nkemdi89:

Not at all, but longtime relationship with them.
okkk. That's good. U must be a trustworthy person as well I guess. Keep it up
Re: Yekini Never Neglected His Mother – Lawyer by chinchum(m): 10:12pm On May 09, 2016
PussyKrook:

Haha. That Moniker is for suckers like you, who judge people base on looks. Keyboard warrior. You sir have a shallow mentality; she also dint look cheerful. Cheap shot, you can't blame SR. Maybe you work for them. FOH
you are most likely a bloody teenager, a deliquent one.

Take these lessons for free, someones well being is initially assessed from looks, when you assess someone's intelligence or wealth primarily on looks then that is superficial. Most of you are not capable of any critical analysis, always blown by winds like a chaff.
Re: Yekini Never Neglected His Mother – Lawyer by PussyKrook: 11:51am On May 10, 2016
chinchum:
you are most likely a bloody teenager, a deliquent one.

Take these lessons for free, someones well being is initially assessed from looks, when you assess someone's intelligence or wealth primarily on looks then that is superficial. Most of you are not capable of any critical analysis, always blown by winds like a chaff.

Someone's wellbeing is judged from looks? See? I maintain you are superficial, with a very shallow mentality. You sir have a shallow mentality. Do not judge people base on looks. There is more to people than just looks. Say all the insulting things you want to say grand pa.
Re: Yekini Never Neglected His Mother – Lawyer by sportfolder: 12:04pm On May 10, 2016
Sahara no dey fear ghost,i pity them o.

Now is the time to start predicting Euro 2016 click [url]naijabet.com[/url] to increase your chance of wining big.

Re: Yekini Never Neglected His Mother – Lawyer by asaajuomo1(m): 8:16pm On May 27, 2016
Kudos to the Lawyer.

Ogere Siasia Kidnapped! Samson Siasia’s Mother Kidnapped In Bayelsa / Harry Maguire Agreed To Leave Manchester United / Osimhen Named In Ligue 1 Team Of The Week

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61