Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,634 members, 7,921,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 12:25 AM

#vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) (25935 Views)

2018 Headies: Wizkid, Davido, Olamide, Tiwa & Simi – Artiste Of The Year Award? / AFRIMA 2017: Full Winners List / Who Will Be Crowned Headies Artiste Of Year 2017? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by uchennaq(m): 7:01am On May 09, 2016
Ericardo7:

Ogbeni, Olamide deserves the award more than Wizkid. Lets celebrate hardwork for once. The guy keeps churning out hit tracks back to back. Even M.I himself attested to this fact. Wizkid is very talented, we all agree. But African Artiste of the Year, should have gone to Olamide. He's been topnotch and consistent over the past few years.

Well Sorry Ogbeni, NEVER compare Wizkid with Olamide..recognize a master of art when you see one. I like Olamide's song, but I don't understand all.
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by uchennaq(m): 7:03am On May 09, 2016
spanzed:
when It comes to talent go pay homage to Olamide first before u mention wizkid is it because he is having international collaborations now....neither of them aren't talented.

pay homage to Olamide in respect to being talented. SMH... I SMELL YEYE.. HIS TALENT IS LIMITED.. LISTEN TO HIS SONGS VERY WELL
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by MRLINGTON(m): 7:14am On May 09, 2016
uchennaq:

Guy park oneside.. Let Olamide and Davido FT Drake.. NONSENSE TALK

Bleep the Drake shii...Meek Mill and Shatta Wale are they not in same line?? forget the hype and rate the boys working so hard day nd night
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by Alezy(m): 7:43am On May 09, 2016
Frankiss44:

Bros your English fit give person Migraine oh.. I read am like 4 times but the thing nor stl make sense...
lolz....smh
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 8:08am On May 09, 2016
Frankiss44:

Bros your English fit give person Migraine oh.. I read am like 4 times but the thing nor stl make sense...
Bros, you wicked.. Lol..
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by Olabantu(m): 8:12am On May 09, 2016
Congrat to him but saying ojuelegba was a global hit isnt bad but rating it over the entire album is just an exagiration....Rate hard work Olamide is baba jare...The one dance that he was just more of a back up singer or even studio voice.....and to talk of talent, I give it to olamide
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by JAWASIL(m): 8:36am On May 09, 2016
ipledge5:
it's Ghana music award,it happens that they included best artist in Africa category,and it was won by a Nigerian
grin This guy
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by STILESGANG: 8:43am On May 09, 2016
mayorjosh:

alaye I be yoruba boy but truth be told ojuelegba , the track that brought all this for wizkid was huge globally. even bigger than olamide entire album.no need for the "shut up".be a gentleman and stay cool
Una go just dey talk rubbish.Do you even know the meaning of a global hit?How many known popular chart did ojuelegba feature in?Was it the uk,german or billboard chart.Just name one.

Silly fans
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by Ericardo7(m): 8:54am On May 09, 2016
uchennaq:

Well Sorry Ogbeni, NEVER compare Wizkid with Olamide..recognize a master of art when you see one. I like Olamide's song, but I don't understand all.

I'm not comparing them bruv, all I'm saying is Olamide deserves it more cos he's been better than ever other artiste for the last two years!
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by Bobxin: 10:18am On May 09, 2016
MRLINGTON:
no be beef o...buh Olamide nd Davido re ahead for last year nd even dis year...well maybe cos of he foreign moves..the nigga z way blessed tho

I agree with you on Olamide, he performed remarkably well, buh Davido.... Nah!
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by Bobxin: 10:23am On May 09, 2016
Rikidony:
cheat olamide was better last year.

Yes, Olamide was mind blowing
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by optional1(f): 10:44am On May 09, 2016
Obas101:
It's Ghana music awards

Ok bros tnk u, pls can I bring u to join my team optional1 4 Miss NL2016.
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by Oshotse21(m): 1:38pm On May 09, 2016
Wizkid Omo Aye!the badest among the badests!respect the boss! cool
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 09, 2016
Take it to anywhere, wizkid is the only Nigerian artiste that can start a song with correct English and finish it up with good English without adding a single pidgin. no Nigerian artiste can do that. check out Don't Dull, I love my baby, Call my name, Holla at ur boi. he is truly unique.
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by hornyman(m): 2:02pm On May 09, 2016
Another feat by Baba Nla again. Going higher in 2016.
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by Frankiss44(m): 2:51pm On May 09, 2016
Alezy:
lolz....smh
Lolz..
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by Chukazu: 9:00pm On May 09, 2016
Rikidony:
cheat olamide was better last year.

sadly, Olamide's music doesn't fly beyond Nigeria
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by Chukazu: 9:23pm On May 09, 2016
Benignasweety:
Take it to anywhere, wizkid is the only Nigerian artiste that can start a song with correct English and finish it up with good English without adding a single pidgin. no Nigerian artiste can do that. check out Don't Dull, I love my baby, Call my name, Holla at ur boi. he is truly unique.

first.. your assumption is erroneous.. there are dozen other artistes that can do even better.
Timing Dakolo, BEZ,Dare Art Alade, Flavor, even Dr.SID (TRY his recent sample)

secondly there nothing special about it... virtually all the Ghana musicians that won those awards never sing in English language. they value there language more than English, while we value English more than our own language.. that is one of the major reasons Nigerian artiste don't win grammy award..because no matter how you try to sound like Oyibo, you will always end up fake
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by Nobody: 6:01am On May 10, 2016
Chukazu:

first.. your assumption is erroneous.. there are dozen other artistes that can do even better.
Timing Dakolo, BEZ,Dare Art Alade, Flavor, even Dr.SID (TRY his recent sample)

secondly there nothing special about it... virtually all the Ghana musicians that won those awards never sing in English language. they value there language more than English, while we value English more than our own language.. that is one of the major reasons Nigerian artiste don't win grammy award..because no matter how you try to sound like Oyibo, you will always end up fake
I don't know of odas but flavor is a no no. Besydz evn if they sing in correct English, they aint recognized so itz still a big F.
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by Isholaoni: 7:01am On May 10, 2016
BONANZA! BONANZA!! BONANZA!!

Ebenz Media

Presents

May Bonanza For Upcoming Artist

Let's help you record that hit song of yours for just #8000 and get benefits like free promotion on facebook and twitter,whatsapp broadcast,access to put your song in MTN Music Plus inorder to make cash from the downloads of your song,connection to shows and direct link to label connect.

Interested artistes should contact Ishola on 07032617747 for bookings and enquiries.

NOTE

This bonanza ends by 31st of May,2016.

You can also contact us on 07032617747 for;

¤ Song Writing

¤ Advert Placements on all platforms

¤ Mixing and mastering

¤ Creation of beat or instrumental

¤Voice over

¤DJ Jingles

¤ Caller tune, Radio/Tv promotion, Alaba mixtape/selection and Online promotion such as itunes,amazon,cloud 9 and other blog sites

¤ Video editing, Video shooting/Coverage

¤ Training on music production

¤ Training on any musical instrument of your choice

¤Voice Training

¤ Graphics/Art Cover

¤ Website/Blog Creation

¤ Logo Designs

¤ Creation of artist page/business page,and all other entertainment services at very cheap and affordable prices you can't resist...We are here to render to you the best of quality service. All services are cheap and affordable. Try us and you'll be glad you did...powered by #Ebenzmedia
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by Chukazu: 12:19pm On May 10, 2016
Benignasweety:
I don't know of odas but flavor is a no no. Besydz evn if they sing in correct English, they aint recognized so itz still a big F.

listen to flavor's" champion" or power to win sure you would have a rethink.

I don't think it was wizkid's English singing that got him the award.

Davido won the same award last year, Iceprince has won it before, Tuface has also won it, so how do you reconcile that?
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 10, 2016
Chukazu:

Davido won the same award last year, Iceprince has won it before, Tuface has also won it, so how do you reconcile that?
all been said, I likey my wizzy! wink
Chukazu:

all been said, I likey my wizzy!
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by Rikidony(m): 7:31pm On May 10, 2016
mayorjosh:

olamide sings in yoruba

if it was an artist that always sang in their language would you give him the award when fuse odg is there?
WizKids sings in pidgin too.

well olamide will definitely dominate the MTV awards
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by Akjr(m): 3:30pm On Oct 17, 2016
jide219:
Rubbish, wetin wizkid sing last year and dis year, let's be sincere this award belongs to olamide because he is our Africa artiste of the year Bleep that shit baba iyayo, every fucking single was a hit from bobo to Lagos boys to abule sowo, koni dafun iya anybody.
I no wan quote buh ur foolishness no allow me
Re: #vgmas2016: Wizkid Named African Artiste Of The Year (full Winners List) by joeyarticles: 11:09am On Oct 24, 2016
Baba nla just did it again, Wizkid won best male act at MTV MAMA award 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olamide Wrote 'bottom' For Akon / American Rap Artiste, Lil Wayne Is Dead? / Wizkid Nominated For The Soul Train Awards 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.