Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,763 members, 7,935,270 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 05:29 AM

The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. (26582 Views)

NASA Launches Parker Solar Probe For Historic Mission To The Sun (Photos) / A Halo (Rainbow Around A Sun) In Kaduna, Nigeria (Photos) / Amazing Halos Of The Sun Captured By A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by Milo30(m): 7:20am On May 09, 2016
You have only convinced us to look. How will I sit, knowing that Mercury is passing, and not look at it? Besides, NASA did not tell us how it will affect our sight. They just said we should not look. Well, is not dia 'iiiii's nah!
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by OVA200(m): 7:31am On May 09, 2016
pedrilo:
wat is the correlation between the transit of mercury across the Planet and ur exams tomoro?
I wan look at how both will fight na
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by nnamdismart: 7:36am On May 09, 2016
Make I hear say me no look as ehm da be! Make I set my alarm first jor, end time things.
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by Eberex(m): 7:46am On May 09, 2016
oh! so my ban has been lifted, now i can comment. shior......................una for ban me for 1 complete year na
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by kwyllancy: 8:06am On May 09, 2016
[/quote][quote author=duketunde post=45438378]What you need to Know as the incredibly rare celestial event which will see Mercury appear in front of our home star.

This rare astronomical event which occurs just 13 times each century will pass in front on the sun tomorrow Monday May 9, 2016. But it's not one of those event you rush out to view, because anyone who stares at the sun as the tiny black spot makes its journey past the sun risk permanent damage to their eyesight.

This relatively tiny planet will begin its journey past the sun at just after midday in most parts of the world.

It will then be visible as a tiny black spot as it spends 7.5 hours "transiting" our parent star.

According to NASA "Due to its diminutive size, viewing this event safely requires a telescope or high-powered binoculars fitted with solar filters made of specially-coated glass or Mylar."

The transit of Mercury will be observable across the whole of Western Europe, South America, the eastern part of North America, West Africa, and the western region of North Africa.

Mercury is the planet which is closest to the sun and is named after the famous "winged messenger" of Roman mythology.

See the transit path of the celestial event below:

- http://www.duketundesblog.com/2016/05/the-dangers-of-staring-at-sun-as.html#sthash.zCyD7Pwt.dpuf

Where is my binoculars, me I go see this one o.... cool
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by egee(m): 8:12am On May 09, 2016
Most pple don't even knw such event is goin down..so trust me they ain't gonna be looking out for it...buh gud info tho..tnx

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by decollex(m): 8:14am On May 09, 2016
Its Alright!
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by Jesusloveyou: 8:31am On May 09, 2016
duketunde:
Only God know what our space agency is doing not sensitizing Nigerians...other countries are providing special glasses and telescope...Naija we noh even know embarassed
they should start sharing glasses to stare at the sun, becos na sun they wan eat, when we have alot of important issue to take care of, the agency suppose to only give the warning for pple not to stare at the sun today

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by Newnas(m): 8:40am On May 09, 2016
Scatterscatter:
Still some people will say there is no God. The universe isn't operating randomly or by error, everything is planned by the creator "Almighty God"

And that God is one not multiple, all acts of worship should be directed to him alone without any partner.
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by bukqar(m): 9:31am On May 09, 2016
fkpboss:
Taarh...some Nigerians will still stare at it
haha guy u r very correct ooo naija man no dey take last nw him must experience am nw. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by And9: 11:27am On May 09, 2016
Space transit of Mercury cry

Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by pedrilo: 12:00pm On May 09, 2016
OVA200:
I wan look at how both will fight na
i only asked a dammit! i'm no fighter
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by DrSage(m): 12:45pm On May 09, 2016
Segadem:

[size=14pt]Abeg, who give u doctorship titles grin[/size]
what is this one saying undecided
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by Charlesdock(m): 1:22pm On May 09, 2016
ERCROSS:
I will look at it
grin
Me sef go watch am.....Our forefathers will protect us grin grin
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by ExplicitContent: 2:10pm On May 09, 2016
Abeg when the Mercury wan start thee come? Ah dun de wait 12 don pass grin
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 09, 2016
fkpboss:
Taarh...some Nigerians will still stare at it
Before you know it they've brought out their phones ready to cover it as they do when accidents occur.
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by papaNems: 2:34pm On May 09, 2016
By Vinovo
Be the first to rate this product >
₦ 32,500
₦ 35,500 -8% BUY NOW
Save for later
Sold by
Vsonic Distributions Ltd
Delivery
2 - 12 days
Warranty
6 months warranty
Pay on delivery
7 days free returns
Genuine product
Description
Specifications
Reviews
Return Policy
https://www./vinovo-android-laptop-10-black-4314379.html
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by Image123(m): 3:20pm On May 09, 2016
Which kain country we dey so? Mercury is passing in other countries, we no see am oh. Buhariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, why?
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by dauntless15(m): 6:21pm On May 09, 2016
hahaha greatest joke since the change mantra of the buhari era could you believe i took my bath, dressed up, called my bae hey bae there's something romantic i want us to watch together (sounding like an evil genius with a scientific breakthrough, in minutes bae came and we got a chilled lacasera for me and chilled pure haven for bae, we took two stretch pool side sits and relaxed, with our sunglasses on, we started watching the sun because i told her my buddies at nsa told me that mercury is passing, we watched and watched till its 6pm now, bae just looked at me and said you should have asked if i want to hang out instead of this joke, nice hanging out though and she left now am here to look for the source of this news and kill him

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by Milo30(m): 6:36pm On May 09, 2016
This guy above me. grin Lol
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by drey08(m): 6:50pm On May 09, 2016
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by Nobody: 7:21am On May 10, 2016
DrSage:
Another fake Whatsapp broadcast message undecided
grin
DrSage:
Another fake Whatsapp broadcast message undecided
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by Talkingboy: 2:06pm On May 10, 2016
Newnas:

And that God is one not multiple, all acts of worship should be directed to him alone without any partner.

Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by Newnas(m): 2:33pm On May 10, 2016
Talkingboy:

Ustaz. As salamu alaykum.

Now, u approached a girl to marry her and she agreed. You and d girl are young. 19girl, 22boy

You want to marry her, but she needs 1-2 years to finish school.

You now want to visit her parents. Do u go there and introduce yourself as a friend or what?
What and what are d things to say there?

# I'm not in a good position to answer that question. Probably you should call the people of knowledge like Dr Sharaf, Sheikh Hajia, Sheikh Najmuddeen Sulaiman, Ustadh Amubieya etc.

# You should have asked in the Islam for Muslim section. It's not good to derail threads

# I'm flattered with the title you gave me but I'm not the person you are thinking. Allah bears witness to my lack of knowledge and uprightness.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother / Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. / Squirrels Fight Kung-Fu Over Food (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.