Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,125 members, 7,949,881 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 09:43 PM

Breaking!! Nigeria Is A Borderline Failed State And PMB Corrupt- CNBC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking!! Nigeria Is A Borderline Failed State And PMB Corrupt- CNBC (3458 Views)

Abia Govt Blasts Nkechi Nwaogu Who Called Abia "A Failed State Under PDP" / GEJ And PMB With Two US Secretaries Of State (Pictures) / US Hedge Fund Tycoon Jim Chanos- Nigeria Is A Borderline Failed State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking!! Nigeria Is A Borderline Failed State And PMB Corrupt- CNBC by Taribizy(m): 11:49pm On May 08, 2016
Na wa o. We had Goodluck but some people say we no need am. Oya see 9ja luck now lols....

Abeg na joke I dey o
B4 una carry una personal problems face me

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! Nigeria Is A Borderline Failed State And PMB Corrupt- CNBC by ridwanayo(m): 12:08am On May 09, 2016
I thought they said they recovered £200million looted fund,who is decieving only zombies would fall for there lies.awon oniro gbogbo.I know pmb aint no saint but to apc-stan he is has pure has jesus.
Re: Breaking!! Nigeria Is A Borderline Failed State And PMB Corrupt- CNBC by kayfra: 12:17am On May 09, 2016
The author is an elitist asshole.
Re: Breaking!! Nigeria Is A Borderline Failed State And PMB Corrupt- CNBC by Nobody: 12:34am On May 09, 2016
Everytime I read that western analyst are castigating our policy it reassured me that PMB might actually be doing the right things. When we were obviously following the wrong route of wasting our resources and not saving for the raining days... When we were awarding extremely hyper inflated contracts, spending more than china on private jets... They were hailing us on, calling us the biggest economy in Africa and the the 3rd fastest growing economy in the world. Abeg who CNBC and John hopkins prof don epp? They even call our currency junk... Na so e pain dem reach? Abeg make dem go face Trump and they should also explain why Intel will be disengaging 10k of its staffs and why over 100k jobs were lost in their oil industry, they can also include why North Dakota unemployment rate dey close to naija own as against national average...make dey leave us to do our own thing...

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! Nigeria Is A Borderline Failed State And PMB Corrupt- CNBC by OlayinkaFawaz(m): 2:06am On May 09, 2016
hmmm hmmmm
Re: Breaking!! Nigeria Is A Borderline Failed State And PMB Corrupt- CNBC by M4gunners: 2:15am On May 09, 2016
Every blessed day, the country get bad image more and more. Hw do we end up in this position for God sake?
Re: Breaking!! Nigeria Is A Borderline Failed State And PMB Corrupt- CNBC by courage89(m): 2:39am On May 09, 2016
The speculators and propagandist on a roll again. Let them continue. We will not be cajole or coerce to devalue our currency.
Re: Breaking!! Nigeria Is A Borderline Failed State And PMB Corrupt- CNBC by Pidggin(f): 4:04am On May 09, 2016
From Goodluck to Bad luck, Nigerians i dey hail o

Flight ticket to London is now N700,000; Virgin Atlantic economy class, nawao na country bi dis?
Re: Breaking!! Nigeria Is A Borderline Failed State And PMB Corrupt- CNBC by Trapping(m): 4:44am On May 09, 2016
Cc. Mynd44, lalasticlala, please kindly move this news to front page. To balance the insults hurled at Jonathan otherwise we take nairaland as biased.

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! Nigeria Is A Borderline Failed State And PMB Corrupt- CNBC by 989900: 5:00am On May 09, 2016
I wonder how some people (especially profs.) get their first degree in the first place, not to mention a doctorate. undecided
Re: Breaking!! Nigeria Is A Borderline Failed State And PMB Corrupt- CNBC by arresa: 5:05am On May 09, 2016
Macro hurricane' making Nigeria look almost as bad as Venezuela

Which oil rich economy hammered by the global slump in crude is in the throes of a full-fledged economic crisis — complete with rationing, civil strife and runaway inflation stoked by a weak currency?

If you guessed Venezuela, you'd be wrong. Although the South American country teeters on the edge of collapse and fits the above scenario, those same circumstances actually apply to Nigeria.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/macro-hurricane-making-nigeria-look-almost-as-bad-as-venezuela/ar-BBsM2wn

Another fish paper trash from CNBC on behalf of their portfolio investor and currency speculation friends.. .. grin

The clown said we are like Venezuela where they are rationing toilet paper..
The fact that we are not allowing them to kill the Naira and our economy is really pissing them off..

This is one of the many reasons why I love PMB..
Re: Breaking!! Nigeria Is A Borderline Failed State And PMB Corrupt- CNBC by Nobody: 5:07am On May 09, 2016
Lol
Re: Breaking!! Nigeria Is A Borderline Failed State And PMB Corrupt- CNBC by Bitterleafsoup: 5:29am On May 09, 2016
Zombies will come to the rescue.
Re: Breaking!! Nigeria Is A Borderline Failed State And PMB Corrupt- CNBC by joseph1832(m): 6:40am On May 09, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:
Zombies will come to the rescue.
LOL. I think this man Hanke will still keep mute, remember the U.S said Nigeria will divide by 2015? Now isn't this 2016? And we're still here, aren't we.

These lice faced individuals should face their country's economy and leave us be. funny how they don't meddle in the domestic economics of their country and put their snot in others...

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! Nigeria Is A Borderline Failed State And PMB Corrupt- CNBC by allthingsgood: 6:47am On May 09, 2016
The way these useless wailers go and dig for any silly news that is damaging to the country is both baffling and pathetic. As if we are not all in the same country.

Btw OP pls stop spreading lies. There is no where in the post that buhari was referred to as being corrupt!
Re: Breaking!! Nigeria Is A Borderline Failed State And PMB Corrupt- CNBC by trillville(m): 6:58am On May 09, 2016
This situation is economics 101. We do not have real money "dollars". We have two options:
1. Earn more dollars.

A. If oil prices go much higher our situation improves basically, we do nothing but pray to God for a miracle. This would turn nigeria into Zimbabwe in a few years in God chooses to delay in answering us.

B. If we can magically diversify our economy, thus increase exports. This is highly unlikely in the short term. This option also has the potential of zimbabwing the nigerian economy.

2. We reduce dollar spending.

A. We produce things we import such as fuel. (Very difficult for a private business to be recover their investments).

If dangote buys crude in naira and sells petrol back to nigerians in naira, he may be remembered as the greatest nigerian ever.

B. Cut purchasing power of nigerians.

I. Massively devalue the naira. This will affect all nigerians and put us back by at least 30 years. This option is still better than doing nothing and praying to God for a miracle. This will affect nigerians both in the government and private sector adversely.

II. Reduce disposal income of nigerians. This can be achieved in a number of ways.

Increase taxes of the masses. This creates a moral hazard where the poor are taxed to the rich government workers.

Reduce salaries. This punishes hard workers with lazy ones and generally demoralises the work force.

Cut jobs. This will enable government to remove redundancis in the system. This will also remove the moral hazard created by increasing taxes on nongovernment workers because their taxes will be used for capital investmentwas opposed recurrent.

It is sad to say but this budget will probably led to massive inflation and further pressure on the naira if government fails to reduce its workforce.
Re: Breaking!! Nigeria Is A Borderline Failed State And PMB Corrupt- CNBC by gidgiddy: 7:24am On May 09, 2016
Trapping:

IPOB please leave Buhari alone he is the best thing to happen to Nigeria.

God is great! I'm very happy that God allowed that man to be elected. Now we can all take a front row seat and what him destroy Nigeria. So far, he is not doing a bad job of this. I can feel the fresh breath of freedom coming for me and my fellow Igbos as we exit the failed British creation called Nigeria.
Re: Breaking!! Nigeria Is A Borderline Failed State And PMB Corrupt- CNBC by jesse8048(m): 11:26am On May 09, 2016
Trapping:

What they are saying is that buahri is sending the economy to hell. That things will keep get worse and will soon reach rock bottom under buahri. They also want you to know hat buahri is corrupt and ineffective. I also do want you to Know that this is coming from an economic professor from Cambridge university, so don't think it is an almajiri talking. I hope you grab..

LOL, I grab, in other words no hope yet?
Re: Breaking!! Nigeria Is A Borderline Failed State And PMB Corrupt- CNBC by Bitterleafsoup: 6:26am On May 10, 2016
joseph1832:
LOL. I think this man Hanke will still keep mute, remember the U.S said Nigeria will divide by 2015? Now isn't this 2016? And we're still here, aren't we.

These lice faced individuals should face their country's economy and leave us be. funny how they don't meddle in the domestic economics of their country and put their snot in others...
well when you come begging to someones coutry your setting yourself up!
Re: Breaking!! Nigeria Is A Borderline Failed State And PMB Corrupt- CNBC by joseph1832(m): 6:31am On May 10, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:
well when you come begging to someones coutry your setting yourself up!
LOL.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News!!! Dss Nabs Niger Delta Avengers!! / RECESSION: Ngeneukwenu(f) Scolds Critics With Facts / See Multitude Of Biafra-Jewish Faithful Gather For Passover 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.