Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,404 members, 7,971,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 10:34 AM

7 Ways The Average Nigerian Wastes Money And Tips To Stop - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 7 Ways The Average Nigerian Wastes Money And Tips To Stop (544 Views)

7 Ways An African Mother Expresses Love. / 7 Ways To Deal With A Teen Who Talks Back / 7 Ways You Can Stay Madly In Love With Your Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Ways The Average Nigerian Wastes Money And Tips To Stop by FxMallam: 9:20pm On May 09, 2016
The average middle class Nigerian according to 2011 survey of the group makes between N75,000 and N100,000 monthly which is around $250 and $330 in today’s money (since we like dollar too much). But as we know, we are in a period of economic crises and jobs are being lost left and right.

Now many of you are checking your bank accounts wondering how it gets empty easily every month. The smarter ones are talking about how to make a change. Let’s review this situation by discussing the top ways we waste money.

1. Phone Air time – There’s a reason why even in this time of austerity, the one industry that seems unaffected is telecommunication (Glo, Airtel, MTN, Etisalat) and that’s because of you and I. Okay, yes, some of these providers (eh…all) are crooked in the ways they help you burn credit. Yes, some of us need the usefulness of things like data plans and SMS plans. But to what degree? Does anyone really need to spend N100 on caller tunes?

How to stop – One word, budget. It will be a common word here. Cut your coat according to your size. Make an overall budget monthly and once that’s over, cut out. Better yet, do it weekly and once it’s finished, it’s finished. Also, if you have useless subscriptions, caller tunes, betting info, sports info, news, end those. They are just ways to make more money for the carriers.

2. Flexing – Flexing covers a lot of avenues for Nigerians. The worst part is that in the past, it was much hard to see other people flexing so you can copy them. Usually, you waited till you got to church or an engagement. Now, with Facebook and Instagram, we can see our friends and strangers flexing instantly and at any point we want which only leads to long throat a.k.a. I better pass my neighbor. From electronics to cars to designer goods. My guy buys iPhone 6s, I must buy iPhone 6s. Where do we flex? Everywhere…parties, wedding, work, school, church.

How to stop – Stop! The people that give you long throat, reduce the time you spend on their Facebook or Twitter or Instagram feeds. For the most part, it’s the blind leading the blind. We are all broke living from alert to alert.

3. Relationships – Specifically, unhealthy relationships. The goes for women and men but men are notoriously bad about this. It’s no longer uncommon for men to healthy extra marital relationships or multiple girlfriends if they’re single. All these are suckers. The moment you stop spending, the relationship dies. Worse many don’t end up with anything other than broken relationships with those they care about.

How to stop – First, be born again. No joke. Find Jesus and you’ll see that he’s also good for your bank account. Also seek healthier relationships i.e. the ones that have no strings attached. In the end you’ll be happier and have a larger bank account. Note, most if not all unhealthy relationships are very expensive in one way or another.

http://www.fxmallam.com/news/7-ways-average-nigerian-wastes-money-tips-stop/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Boy Who Killed Mother & Daughter Has Been Re-arrested / 5 Reasons Why Nigerian Women Stay In Abusive Marriages / Ojuju Calabar. Do You Remember?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.