Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,779 members, 7,938,352 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 12:05 AM

Friendly Match: Romania 3 - Nigeria 0 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Friendly Match: Romania 3 - Nigeria 0 (2272 Views)

The Super Eagles Training For The Friendly Match Against Belgium (Photos) / Caf U23 Championship Qualifier :Nigeria 0 Vs Congo 0 (Live) / AYC 2015: Senegal 1-3 Nigeria Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Friendly Match: Romania 3 - Nigeria 0 by Akolawole(m): 12:33am On Nov 17, 2005
Nigeria just lost to Romania by three goals to nothing.
Did people in Abuja glass house or Eguavon knows the implication of this in Country's Dignity and FIFA rankings ?
Members, Whats your views about this?
Re: Friendly Match: Romania 3 - Nigeria 0 by Seun(m): 1:02am On Nov 17, 2005
THat is so sad. When did this happen?
Re: Friendly Match: Romania 3 - Nigeria 0 by Akolawole(m): 1:47am On Nov 17, 2005
Few hours ago
Re: Friendly Match: Romania 3 - Nigeria 0 by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 17, 2005
what a shame. only 12 players turned up 4 d game...a make shift eagles indeed. well got this link via the cybereagles forum..

watch the goals of the match online: http://www.prosport.ro/?c=86
Re: Friendly Match: Romania 3 - Nigeria 0 by Seun(m): 10:56am On Nov 17, 2005
Thanks for the videos. Was it a friendly match?
Re: Friendly Match: Romania 3 - Nigeria 0 by FOD(m): 11:20am On Nov 17, 2005
Yea...it was a friendly match

What a disgrace to the nation. It was reported that the Nigerian squad landed in Bucharest just four hours before the scheduled start. When will we learn?

Read more here: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=190628&cc=5739
Re: Friendly Match: Romania 3 - Nigeria 0 by Owen(m): 1:48pm On Nov 17, 2005
If I say I don't sometimes feel embarrassed to be called a Nigerian, its a lie. I love this country very much but how can 12players show up for a match where at least 22players are expected. That means only one substitute! No wander the match was not publicized. Honestly I'm beginning to think that the only way forward is to sack the entire NFA. And create strict rules for players and ensure competition between them. We where lucky to have lost only 3-0.
Re: Friendly Match: Romania 3 - Nigeria 0 by whizkid(f): 2:22pm On Nov 17, 2005
It is quite a shame. To think that no lesson was learnt from the world cup qualifier. The NFA has failed us again! The players where not contacted on time about the friendly match, it wasn't until Monday( 3 days ago) they were contacted on telephone about the match- an international friendly for that matter.

Members of NFA should just pack their bags when their tenure expires, they had the nerves to say that they should be allowed to stay on after their tenure expires this year. Reason being that they do not want preparation for an election to distract preparation for the nations cup(like they even know what they are doing).

The Romania friendly was a disgrace to Nigerian football, I hear they had to beg a Nigerian-Romania player to help make up the first 11. This is too much!
Re: Friendly Match: Romania 3 - Nigeria 0 by Owen(m): 2:37pm On Nov 17, 2005
Honestly, its sad where this country is heading. cry
Re: Friendly Match: Romania 3 - Nigeria 0 by Sobo: 2:48pm On Nov 17, 2005
Wow i guess we havent learnt our lessons yet may God help us
Re: Friendly Match: Romania 3 - Nigeria 0 by Owen(m): 2:52pm On Nov 17, 2005
Amen!
Re: Friendly Match: Romania 3 - Nigeria 0 by otokx(m): 3:22pm On Nov 17, 2005
nigeria cannot wait for the tenure of the NFA to expire. they should be committed to jail for corruption.
Re: Friendly Match: Romania 3 - Nigeria 0 by Owen(m): 3:32pm On Nov 17, 2005
cheesy grin
Re: Friendly Match: Romania 3 - Nigeria 0 by NduGod(m): 6:03pm On Nov 17, 2005
Nawa for NFA . Is this part of what we are going to see in Egypt?
Re: Friendly Match: Romania 3 - Nigeria 0 by vichel(m): 6:36pm On Nov 17, 2005
Dudes this is sad, but remember that with a complete squad, there is no defence in the world that can hold the super eagles
Re: Friendly Match: Romania 3 - Nigeria 0 by axeprince(m): 8:27pm On Nov 17, 2005
My people, I wonder why we keep bothering ourselves with inefficient and unprofessionalism, it is the singly bain of Nigeria, meanwhile, don't forget what NFA means...No Future Ambition....so let's just start by chaning the name..then maybe things would change fopr them too...Iam going even further to suggest that Nigeria change it's name, for better thihgns to come our way.

I wish all of us well at the Nations' Cup Next year
Re: Friendly Match: Romania 3 - Nigeria 0 by kewe(f): 10:18pm On Nov 17, 2005
well it just shows how well prepared we r 4 d nations cup. we cant expect 2 win without adequate preparations ( na beans?)
Re: Friendly Match: Romania 3 - Nigeria 0 by Akolawole(m): 12:27am On Nov 18, 2005
The blame cannot be solely on NFA.
The Coach must be knew about the match ahead, no who to call and plan. It is a game we can use as a prep to nations cup.
All our top players can get to Bucharest within 2 hours from anywhere in europe. THIS MUST BE INVESTIGATED.
Re: Friendly Match: Romania 3 - Nigeria 0 by chimanu2000(m): 1:09pm On Nov 18, 2005
Hey hold your horses, i monitored the FIFA match schedule and nothing was said about the Romania game till a day or two before and even www.livescores.com stated that it was a Nigeria - Oman friendly. Anyone who knows a thing or two about organizing friendlies or any occasion for that matter knows that an advance notice is always given especially concerning professional footballers who answer to clubs who in many cases are not too pleased to release them for any international engagements. This is why most national bodies have to exercise FIFA rules to force the clubs hands. I think its basically an administrative problem again and the Fa members are too occupied lining their own pockets as usual.Eguaveon and his crew should avoid taking anything thrown at their table no matter how poorly arranged they are. Unless they will be the next scapegoat for any future misadventure./
Re: Friendly Match: Romania 3 - Nigeria 0 by Akolawole(m): 3:10pm On Nov 18, 2005
Mr Friend Chimanu 2000,
No club is holding any player to ransome. Most league is suspended because of international friendlies.
No excuse at all
Re: Friendly Match: Romania 3 - Nigeria 0 by drbigdaddyg(m): 3:35pm On Nov 18, 2005
I am tired of the whole thing. We lack committment to service. Thats why there is this african time (mostly practiced in Nigeria).
Re: Friendly Match: Romania 3 - Nigeria 0 by Bruekeleen: 8:03am On Nov 19, 2005
aloha guy, i'ts nice to come on board.
Re: Friendly Match: Romania 3 - Nigeria 0 by Owen(m): 3:41pm On Nov 26, 2005
Aloha to you too wink
Re: Friendly Match: Romania 3 - Nigeria 0 by nicetohave(m): 1:56pm On Dec 10, 2005
African time is practised everywhere there is a black man (which i believe is a synonym to african) you think Nigerians are laid back? oh oh oh, wait until you meet other black africans worldwide from elsewhere.
Re: Friendly Match: Romania 3 - Nigeria 0 by LoverBwoy(m): 4:04am On Dec 31, 2005
Erm OUR COACH WAS NOT EVEN AT THE MATCH!!1!!!
HE WAS PAID TO MONITOR THE CAF TEAM DAT LOST .."GUIDE THEM"

(1) (Reply)

Who Wins The English Premiership For 2006 /2007 Season? / Jose Mourinho Address Five Pressing Issues On Manchester United Unvieling. / How Pogba Went From Saviour To Complete Waste Of Money (10 Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.