Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,911 members, 7,931,160 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 05:44 PM

Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries (29824 Views)

Another Kogi Civil Servant Commits Suicide. / Corpse Of Edward Soje, Kogi Civil Servant Who Committed Suicide By Hanging (Pic) / Kogi Civil Servant Commits Suicide; Recently Had Triplets After Childless Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by godunia(m): 6:29pm On May 10, 2016
If it's not Fulani terrorist, it's husband killing wife and if not it is someone killing himself, summary.... SOMETHING must kill man
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by Vince77(m): 6:30pm On May 10, 2016
ricsman:
When exactly is this mother's day?

since this year, I've heard like two other Sundays as mother's day...

Abi each Church get their own mother's day?
I tot i was d only one. this is the third mothers days i hv heard this year
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by HaneefahRN(f): 6:35pm On May 10, 2016
I don't even know what to say sef, this Country ehn cryIt is well
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by Gabrendo(m): 6:36pm On May 10, 2016
RichDad1:
Rest in pieces cowardice a§§hole. angry

Don't be tooo Quick To Judge. U sure avnt been depressed B4. Or Felt the hard nudge of a suicidal thought.
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by watchindelta(m): 6:51pm On May 10, 2016
two seed of black plantain here in warri Delta state 200naira. d suffering is real. rip
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by olagamalin(m): 6:54pm On May 10, 2016
FlatheadCoward:

E pain am.
pity ... I'm a full blooded Yoruba, yet your tribalistic conduct disgust me. ai nironu lo n da e lamu.

1 Like

Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by FlatheadCoward: 6:55pm On May 10, 2016
olagamalin:
pity ... I'm a full blooded Yoruba, yet your tribalistic conduct disgust me. ai nironu lo n da e lamu.

koshi danu jor.
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by Peacetemi: 7:00pm On May 10, 2016
Ayo25:
Can you ever spend enough time investing on your future? At what point should you be able to beat your chest and say I have invested enough in my future so I am ready for marriage? Is there any guaranty that there will not arise problems in your marriage after you thought you have guided agaisnt all the problems that may arise?
SIR , DO YOU SUPPORT JUMPING INTO MARRIAGES?
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by Taiwo20(m): 7:00pm On May 10, 2016
The man Bleep up.....
But the wife sef ehn! Asking for cloth money when she knows the situation on ground....women and their wahala....
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by danot1030: 7:03pm On May 10, 2016
Abia State not Osun State. Thank God for vindicating Aregbe.
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by Taiwo20(m): 7:03pm On May 10, 2016
watchindelta:
two seed of black plantain here in warri Delta state 200naira. d suffering is real. rip

You never see anything
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by Asiri1991: 7:03pm On May 10, 2016
Aregbe why na? Pay your workers joor.
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by Toosure70: 7:13pm On May 10, 2016
gud news.
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by pulsa(m): 7:30pm On May 10, 2016
hedonistic:

On the contrary, it is arguably an act of courage to defeat one's innate human instinct of survival and inflict fatal harm upon oneself. In other words, the courage to commit suicide is stronger than the courage to stay alive, regardless of one's travails.

The allure of life is often too sweet and people are often too scared of any kind of pain. Both of these considerations explain why more than half of the world's population have not committed suicide, even though they have secretly contemplated it at one point or the other. If committing suicide was as easy as simply pressing a button and 'deactivating' oneself like a Nairaland account, millions of people would commit suicide on a daily basis.

But beyond that, you shouldn't be so judgmental. You don't know anything about another human being until you walk in his or her own shoes and experience the world through his or her own soul.

Everything about social reality is subjective.
thank you jare this is what I have always known.
all this weaklings who can't stand for something be forming boss.
why the hell are suicide bombers so dangerous?, because they don't think like the average man.
why the hell where the Japanese kamikaze airplane pilots in world war two so formidable, because they had resolve the kind their enemies never had.
I have once contemplated suicide but my resolve no reach, na then I know say na only people with balls dey commit suicide.

1 Like

Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by umunna(f): 7:30pm On May 10, 2016
On the 8 of March 2016 it was reported in some news papers that a man from ihie ndume, ibeku committed suicide. This is to let the general public know that the said story did not happen anywhere in ibeku land,. This is from the community chairman
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by juman(m): 7:36pm On May 10, 2016
Mrbigman1:
Th level of frustration in the country is off hook.

Things are very difficult for people.

nigeria became destroyed.
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by henrygale(m): 7:54pm On May 10, 2016
The kind of hardship led frustration in this country is alarming. It takes someone of strong mind to keep going despite everything, esp if the person hasn't been paid several months' salaries.
It's not easy for full grown man with family to cater for to go begging his fellow man for basic life needs like fud,which ordinarily wasn't or shouldn't be a problem for him but he can't just afford dem due to the situations we've found ourselves in.
God help us in this country and see us thru ds moment.
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by berwi(f): 7:55pm On May 10, 2016
Men shud stop this threat of suicide ooooo. Teebillz i hope u r happy. Smh
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by RichDad1(m): 7:58pm On May 10, 2016
Gabrendo:

Don't be tooo Quick To Judge. U sure avnt been depressed B4. Or Felt the hard nudge of a suicidal thought.
Trust me, I've been there. Coming out of it was what makes a man. 8 ) cool

1 Like

Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by verde: 8:00pm On May 10, 2016
I was not surprise to observe that the man in question was an Abia civil servant. Civil servants in that state are being owed to the tune of 5momths salary and nobody is saying anything about it even in this harsh economic weather in Nigeria. Can you imagine that those on essential duties are not exempted. For instance health workers at the HMB and the only state owned teaching hospital are being owed to the tune of 5 months. I want to believe there is a sitting Governor in that state. When will good news start emanating from that state? That State needs a change.
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 10, 2016
And to our amiable women please you people should learn how and when to ask money from your husbands and stop putting undue pressure on your husbands.emecha oga dinma
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 10, 2016
And to our amiable women please you people should learn how and when to ask money from your husbands and stop putting undue pressure on your husbands.na emecha oga dinma
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 10, 2016
remsonik:
Nawa o,na frustration or depression,person wey no wear owambe cloth today no dey wear next time? The man just wasted his life and put his family into misery. Hmmm

Some women are not wise.

That his wife knew what her husband was passing through given the current ecomomic circumstances and perhaps she has no job herself and what mattered to her was women's uniform..

Smh
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 10, 2016
EVILFOREST:
NIGERIANS now commit suicide.

In the 90's i used to think it was a thing of the WHITES

My dear.

Nothing like kidnapping, suicide bombing and lately suicide was heard in the nineties..
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by macphilip: 8:49pm On May 10, 2016
I blame Buhari for the man's death
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by Fourwinds: 8:50pm On May 10, 2016
remsonik:

I understand cos I am a woman too. But even if the woman refuses to understand the man went to the extreme.
d kind corner eyes wey i still take dey look u eeemh
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by DonBenny77(m): 9:07pm On May 10, 2016
y wud his wife ask for money for useless cloth knowin d man hasnt been paid for months.

I think dats d straw dat broke d camel's back
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 10, 2016
greatgod2012:
Many NLers don't read the body of a thread, they normally comment based only on the title. This thread confirms that.
I dey tell you angry
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by GloriaNinja(f): 9:45pm On May 10, 2016
hedonistic:

On the contrary, it is arguably an act of courage to defeat one's innate human instinct of survival and inflict fatal harm upon oneself. In other words, the courage to commit suicide is stronger than the courage to stay alive, regardless of one's travails.

The allure of life is often too sweet and people are often too scared of any kind of pain. Both of these considerations explain why more than half of the world's population have not committed suicide, even though they have secretly contemplated it at one point or the other. If committing suicide was as easy as simply pressing a button and 'deactivating' oneself like a Nairaland account, millions of people would commit suicide on a daily basis.

But beyond that, you shouldn't be so judgmental. You don't know anything about another human being until you walk in his or her own shoes and experience the world through his or her own soul.

Everything about social reality is subjective.
someone who suffers from depression and public animosity is clearly more stronger than a puny hearted person who commits suicide. this is inarguable.
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by macfish01: 10:23pm On May 10, 2016
Sometimes you never know. I lost my Job of recent after paying two hugh medical bills. It was as if my enemies are winning. I had little money, no business idea and a very little account balance. I had all kinds of wired taughts. I blamed everyone that has remotely led to my situation, I was easily angry and always moody.
I left phc and travelled to Ilorin to stay with a friend who was working with Guinness, just to change environment and see if travelling can heal my trauma only to see young men like me who were equally laid off from their respective jobs.
I called myself and told myself the truth. Life is unfair yes, is now in my hands to make it fair. So from now on, I have decided to excel in whatever I do. I am not going to commit suicide,who will marry my babe? Who will be sending money to my Dad with my name? Am the one. Am not gonna do yahoo,drugs or anything illegal. Am gonna fight after all I worked hard while I was employed. So am gonna use my strength and skills to my advantage. Am the new Boss in town. Picture me rolling.
Re: Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries by brosammy(m): 10:33pm On May 10, 2016
Actually the situation in the country is not in any way palatable, and is not your family alone that is suffering from this dismal. Every body understand how worst things might be for a responsible father like you, but killing yourself is out of it.while you are alive you are not paid talkless of when you are dead,though you seems to love your family but you dont,you wouldnt have tought of sucide if you love them. Nigeria government both state and federal una welldone ooo,when you are busy traveling jumping up and down like monkey, purchasing exortic cars, living in lurxery pucketing billions of naira of inocent citizen of this nation,this fello was busy fulfilling his duties and yet you deny him the wages of his labour,God will deny you and your generation the wages of your labour.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Rapes His 3-year-old Daughter In Jos (photos) / 16-Year-Old Girl Yet To Be Found After Fleeing From Uncle's House. Photos / Baby Rescued From Pit Toilet In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.