Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,513 members, 7,911,243 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 08:12 AM

Dauda Lawal Arrested By EFCC - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dauda Lawal Arrested By EFCC (1850 Views)

Innocent Chukwuma's Wife: "I Was Slapped By EFCC Official" (Video) / Goodie Minabo Ibru Wanted By EFCC (Photo) / EFCC Arrest First Bank's Executive Director, Pubic Sector Dauda Lawal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dauda Lawal Arrested By EFCC by jimfarayola(m): 7:42pm On May 10, 2016
Dauda Lawal, an Executive Director in charge of Public Affairs at the First Bank of Nigeria, has been arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for allegedly helping former Nigeria Petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke, launder about $55million.

At the time of reporting, Mr. Lawal is in EFCC cutody.
A source at the agency in Lagos said Mr. Lawal has confessed to laundering $25 million for the oil minister, but investigators said he's yet to disclose in full how much was involved.

A First Bank source told SaharaReporters that the bank was not involved in handling the cash for which Mr. Lawal was arrested, claiming he acted in his "private capacity" as a long-time friend of the former minister who is now in London.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/05/10/diezani-largesse-first-bank-executive-director-arrested

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dauda Lawal Arrested By EFCC by funnynation(m): 7:45pm On May 10, 2016
This Ofe mmanu poster below me have sold his sense since 1914BC. By his monicker you will know where he belong. See talk like vomit..
*About the topic*
What will be my own share from the money? The more you look..the less you see.

@Nairaland official comedian
Re: Dauda Lawal Arrested By EFCC by FlatheadCoward: 7:47pm On May 10, 2016
The IPOD zombie above me sounds like a frustrated, paid protester.

----

@new
I pity these foolish Yorubas that keeps mingling with criminals from the East. Unlike Igbos, Yorubas have high morals. You ain't gonna see us on twitter or street corners protesting for your release. You do the crime, you pay the time, that's the Yoruba philosophy.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dauda Lawal Arrested By EFCC by omenka(m): 7:49pm On May 10, 2016
Watch Lawal instantly become an adopted son of the El Chapos. cheesy

The more Diezani Okpolo Eyes Madueke gets mentioned, the more excited I get. I can hardly wait. smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dauda Lawal Arrested By EFCC by FlatheadCoward: 7:51pm On May 10, 2016
Ipods, over to you. When is the #ReleaseOurJesusLawal going to take place and where?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dauda Lawal Arrested By EFCC by malton: 7:51pm On May 10, 2016
One by one...

FlatheadCoward:
I pity these foolish Yorubas that keeps mingling with criminals from the East. Unlike Igbos, Yorubas have high morals. You ain't gonna see us on twitter or street corners protesting for your release. You do the crime, you pay the time, that's the Yoruba philosophy.

That's a sound philosophy, I agree.

The Yoruba will never shy away from calling out the corrupt, because in their eyes, what's wrong is wrong...and like every wrong, deserves condemnation.

They bide their time to instill so much discipline in their wards, so they hate when all that hard work goes away just like that.

To them, it's value over all else.

2 Likes

Re: Dauda Lawal Arrested By EFCC by Inspectahdeck(m): 7:53pm On May 10, 2016
Efcc office must have over 2000 rooms, with the rate at which they arrest and detain. Just thinking out loud.
Re: Dauda Lawal Arrested By EFCC by greatiyk4u(m): 7:56pm On May 10, 2016
Is Buhari still selective in his fight against corruption!

1 Like

Re: Dauda Lawal Arrested By EFCC by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 10, 2016
But where is lalasticlala sef

Fidelity
Access
Sterling
First Bank

When are we introducing Z^B, Key, U-B, others sef undecided

First Bank means that he helped Diezani by keeping the cash outside its vaults through private capacity undecided
Re: Dauda Lawal Arrested By EFCC by alizma: 8:00pm On May 10, 2016
WOMEN ARE VERY TRUST WORTHY BUT WHEN ANY OF THEM CHOOSE TO BE THIEF, EVEN THE THIEVES IN HELL WILL BE SHOCKED AT THE REVELATION.

1 Like

Re: Dauda Lawal Arrested By EFCC by nigeriafilm(m): 8:00pm On May 10, 2016
A
Re: Dauda Lawal Arrested By EFCC by patrickmuf(m): 8:03pm On May 10, 2016
Hmmmmmm
And yet you wonder why some folks rather have their safe in that fine opening inside their living room...
On one hand you have marketers of big brands in the banking industry doing their utmost to garner clients for their employers, on the other hand you have the "big ogas" of these establishments involved in money laundering and other corruption scandals...

1 Like

Re: Dauda Lawal Arrested By EFCC by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:08pm On May 10, 2016
Hope some pple will not protest in support of this guy!Can this be called witch hunt? A thief is a thief!

2 Likes

Re: Dauda Lawal Arrested By EFCC by FlatheadCoward: 8:14pm On May 10, 2016
malton:
One by one...

That's a sound philosophy, I agree.

The Yoruba will never shy away from calling out the corrupt, because in their eyes, what's wrong is wrong...and like every wrong, deserves condemnation.

They Yoruba bide their time to instill so much discipline in their wards, so they hate when all that hard work goes away just like.

To them, it's value over all else.

I owe you 5 original bottles of Orinjin for making so much sense in one post. wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dauda Lawal Arrested By EFCC by moshmusth(m): 8:29pm On May 10, 2016
The mistakes of 1984 is still repeating it self in 2016 ..
Re: Dauda Lawal Arrested By EFCC by Bitterleafsoup: 8:49pm On May 10, 2016
FlatheadCoward:
The IPOD zombie above me sounds like a frustrated, paid protester.

----

@new
I read some of your old post hailing OBJ wipe your lips.
Re: Dauda Lawal Arrested By EFCC by Nobody: 8:04am On May 11, 2016
Longtime friend of Ms 'Hotpants' Diezani. This handsome banker must have been shining her congo too. . . .
Re: Dauda Lawal Arrested By EFCC by Adesiji77: 6:21am On May 15, 2016
lalasticlala, dominique, Mynd44, have you seen this? Just saw it on Nairametrics as well.

http://nairametrics.com/diezani-115m-scandal-first-bank-confirms-executive-director-dauda-lawal-invited-by-efcc/

(1) (Reply)

I Will Help You Make 120$ In A Week With Cpa Marketing / Help Me Tell Diamond Bank To Reverse My Money / List Your Car On Uber / Taxify (amazing Weekly Revenue)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.