Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,356 members, 7,888,128 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:04 PM

What Would Jesus Wear? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Would Jesus Wear? (317 Views)

What Would Jesus Do In This Case? / What Would Jesus's Meat Taste Like? / Is It Okay For A Lady To Wear This To Church? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Would Jesus Wear? by turboG: 12:26am On May 11, 2016
What Would Jesus Wear?

I love to dress Goth and my best friend is very much into the punk scene. We both love Jesus. We don’t do drugs, worship other gods, drink, or any of the “bad” stuff sometimes associated with Goths and punks. We just like the selfexpression. Some Christians give us a hard time for my black outfits and eye makeup and her Mohawk. We’ve been told that Christians don’t look this way. Are we really doing anything wrong?

God loves everyone. He loves the conservative pastor in a threepiece suit, the prostitute wearing less clothes than she should be, and the rock musician with 15 tattoos and 10 piercings. God loves you not for what you do or wear but for who you are inside (1 Samuel 16:7). You are a child of God. Christ didn’t die on the cross just for a group of people that look a certain way.

Because of that truth, there’s no certain look for Christians. Christians can have Mohawks, tattoos, or dress in black. It’s OK. How wonderful it is that in the Christian life there is room for diversity!

Of course, you cannot just do whatever you want. You have to be careful of dressing in revealing ways, for instance, because that can hurt those who see you or give the impression that you don’t value yourself. If your look includes permanent things like tattoos or body piercing, you need to talk to your parents about it. Parents have a lot of experience and wisdom to share. It’s good to listen carefully to their advice.

The other question I would ask is this: What statement are you trying to make with your look? If you have pure motives, fine. If you are making a statement against your parents or the church, then I would question your motives. Here’s the deal: In choosing to look Goth or punk, you’re definitely making a statement. People inside and outside the church will look at you and judge you. You’ll need to feel secure in the honesty of your motives. If you believe you are living for God, feel like you are reflecting him in your look, and have your parents’ blessing, then do what you believe is right.

http://www.divdel.com/blogs/2016/05/what-would-jesus-wear/
Re: What Would Jesus Wear? by sweetcocoa(f): 12:51am On May 11, 2016
I just wanna say that, tattoos aren't allowed though.

(1) (Reply)

Kaduna Praise Party...#teamobrigado / Open Heavens Daily Devotional(fri. 20/05/2016) / Open Heavens Daily Devotional(thur. 09/06/2016)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.