Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,245 members, 7,880,914 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:09 AM

Do You Agree With British PM That Nigeria Is "Fantastically Corrupt" - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do You Agree With British PM That Nigeria Is "Fantastically Corrupt" (627 Views)

Top 10 FANTASTICALLY Corrupt Pastors And Church Members. / This Coutry Nigeria Is Fantastically A Corrupt Nation / See How British Prime Minister Labelled Nigeria As ‘Fantastically Corrupt’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Agree With British PM That Nigeria Is "Fantastically Corrupt" by UPDISTIC7: 12:39am On May 11, 2016
When one of the World's top leaders makes a remark on Nigeria as being corrupt. Are Nigerians meant to take it lightly. People have responded on the remarks and s has the Nigerian Government.

Considering the state of the country and the President's effort to tackle corruption to a stand still. Do you agree with the British Prime Minister about Nigeria.
Let the vote begin

Source: http://www.naijasilvergold.com/blog/2016/05/10/presidency-react…erias-corruption/
Re: Do You Agree With British PM That Nigeria Is "Fantastically Corrupt" by kajoula(m): 12:43am On May 11, 2016
[size=18pt]The man did not lie....[/size]

Nigerian politicians are fantastically corrupt

abi i lie ?
Re: Do You Agree With British PM That Nigeria Is "Fantastically Corrupt" by LecciGucci: 1:09am On May 11, 2016
agree ?
thats an understatement
I CONCUR!
Re: Do You Agree With British PM That Nigeria Is "Fantastically Corrupt" by Nobody: 1:16am On May 11, 2016
his father was named in d panama saga which he agreed he hs bn benefitin from,yet he has d guts to tel us who we ar as a nation..Who we were yesterday canot define who we ar 2day.n d truth is:ts wen u dont know who u ar dat odas tel u who u ar not...
Re: Do You Agree With British PM That Nigeria Is "Fantastically Corrupt" by MRBrownJ: 2:02am On May 11, 2016
marvel323:
his father was named in d panama saga which he agreed he hs bn benefitin from,yet he has d guts to tel us who we ar as a nation..Who we were yesterday canot define who we ar 2day.n d truth is:ts wen u dont know who u ar dat odas tel u who u ar not...

educate yourself on the panama paper or offshore accounts to understand that just because you have money in any of these tax heaven , doesnt mean you are doing anything illegal. the stoopid people are the ones who still have their money stashed in their local bank, while being taxed every year on that same money. go see your accountant, and tell him to explain to you why it is WISER for everyone to have an offshore account.... and its very much legal.

furthermore, "even" if he was the biggest thief on earth, should that discredit him to say the OBVIOUS?! he would actually be even MORE crazy if he'd said that Nigeria wasnt corrupt..
Re: Do You Agree With British PM That Nigeria Is "Fantastically Corrupt" by fernandoc(m): 4:58am On May 11, 2016
David Cameron has failed no.1 rule of international media. Don't insult Nigerians directly...you won't just enjoy the outcom
Re: Do You Agree With British PM That Nigeria Is "Fantastically Corrupt" by Nobody: 5:53am On May 11, 2016
MRBrownJ:

educate yourself on the panama paper or offshore accounts to understand that just because you have money in any of these tax heaven , doesnt mean you are doing anything illegal. the stoopid people are the ones who still have their money stashed in their local bank, while being taxed every year on that same money. go see your accountant, and tell him to explain to you why it is WISER for everyone to have an offshore account.... and its very much legal.

furthermore, "even" if he was the biggest thief on earth, should that discredit him to say the OBVIOUS?! he would actually be even MORE crazy if he'd said that Nigeria wasnt corrupt..
i never said its illegal to hav an offshore account and i cant also rmber saying ts wrong for anyone to speak against corruption,bt its unfortunate dis statement was credited to the person of david cameron.asides d offshore saga,he is a suposd world leader.
His father operated an offshore acct in a low tax jurisdiction(tax haven),which he(david cameron) also benefited from and mind u,mr cameron has bn against tax-reduction scheme in his own country,wat sort of double standard s dat.n as far as corruptn s concern,t glarin 2 d blind and audible 2 d deaf dat nig.of 2day s beta dan dat of yesterday..les i forget i think u should b more clear-headed next tym b4 u jump on my mention.
Re: Do You Agree With British PM That Nigeria Is "Fantastically Corrupt" by MRBrownJ: 1:22pm On May 11, 2016
marvel323:
i never said its illegal to hav an offshore account and i cant also rmber saying ts wrong for anyone to speak against corruption,bt its unfortunate dis statement was credited to the person of david cameron.asides d offshore saga,he is a suposd world leader.
His father operated an offshore acct in a low tax jurisdiction(tax haven),which he(david cameron) also benefited from and mind u,mr cameron has bn against tax-reduction scheme in his own country,wat sort of double standard s dat.n as far as corruptn s concern,t glarin 2 d blind and audible 2 d deaf dat nig.of 2day s beta dan dat of yesterday..les i forget i think u should b more clear-headed next tym b4 u jump on my mention.

if you know that it aint illegal to have an offshore account then benefitting from one is irrelevant here, unless it is stolen undeclared funds, and therefore, you shouldnt have mentioned it (unless you believe he did something wrong).

Cameron must follow his PARTY's views and he cant decide (on his own) to change laws as he wishes. he is only the leader of a political party who decide, as a group, what he should or shouldnt do regarding laws etc. so dont mix and misunderstand what's good for THE COUNTRY, with how people with money LEGALLY avoid paying taxes.

just because Nigeria today is better, doesnt change the fact that its leader are fantastically corrupt.... and maybe if they werent corrupt, Nigerians today wouldnt suffer the way they do and the country would instead be GREAT.

if you dont see/blame corruption as the SOLE reason why Nigerians are suffering today then, you are OYO

1 Like

Re: Do You Agree With British PM That Nigeria Is "Fantastically Corrupt" by Freiburger(m): 8:47am On May 12, 2016
YES

(1) (Reply)

See Picture Of A Lady Who Was Involved In Today's Accident / Olajumoke Will Soon Go Back To Hawking / The Deplorable State Of The Road To Federal High Court Benin City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.