Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,795 members, 7,972,844 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 07:54 PM

Anyone Residing In London - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Residing In London (1192 Views)

Nigerians Residing In Canada, Let's Meet Here / British Govt Re-issues Arik Air's Landing Slots In London / Nigeria High Commision In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone Residing In London by ojuri: 11:17am On Nov 19, 2006
Does any nairalander in uk can advise me on this, i recently got admission in City University,Northampton square(central london),i shall be staying in moorside road,downham, broomley kent, can anyone advise me on the distance betwen this two places, i dont want a situation where this ECO in lagos will say that my accomodation is unrealistic!
Re: Anyone Residing In London by candylips(m): 12:43pm On Nov 19, 2006
dude if you will be applying for a visa. it is beter you give them an impression that you will be living on campus or somewhere close in london but not kent bro.

however you can still ommute to school though from Kent . but the train fare would be on the high side
Re: Anyone Residing In London by ojuri: 6:02pm On Nov 19, 2006
Thanks candylips,but at the moment i have not booked any campus accomodation,though my sponsor acct reflects total tuition+maintenance cost,dont u think not booking accomodation will jeopardise my visa application?
Re: Anyone Residing In London by candylips(m): 6:32pm On Nov 19, 2006
yes it would. you need to submit a kind of prove that you have booked accomodation even if you are not going to live there that would greatly increase your chances
Re: Anyone Residing In London by LoverBwoy(m): 2:48pm On Nov 20, 2006
ojuri:

Does any Nairaland user in uk can advise me on this, i recently got admission in City University,Northampton square(central london),i shall be staying in moorside road,downham, broomley kent, can anyone advise me on the distance betwen this two places, i don't want a situation where this ECO in lagos will say that my accomodation is unrealistic!

you accomodation is a bit far from your uni dont you think?

kent is outside london(most part of it anyway)
bromley is like 2/3 hrs from your uni! shocked
Re: Anyone Residing In London by English1(f): 9:49am On Nov 21, 2006
It's not quite that bad. Bromley, although Kent, is also the 'London Borough of Bromley' (I know that sounds stupid, but it is). It is on the outskirts of London. It's going to take you about an hour - an hour and a half to get to your university by public transport and there isn't really an easy route from there. It's about 12 miles by road.
Re: Anyone Residing In London by LoverBwoy(m): 1:24pm On Nov 21, 2006
I think the journey will definately be about 2hr minimum thats with the least amount of change BY BUS only and they'll be traffic in the morning (4hr round)
Re: Anyone Residing In London by LondonCool(m): 12:26am On Dec 22, 2006
The distance between your accommodation and school is not an issue. the issue is that your sponsor gives proof of his accommodation, also a thorough ECO may want to factor the cost of transportation into the total funds available provided by your sponsor. In other words, if your sponsor provides a very "fat" bank balance then the issue of distance will not arise, it may arise if the funds are marginal.

(1) (Reply)

Help!i Need E-passport Urgently / Great Opportunity To Enter Usa Tru Chevron / I Need Dublin Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.