Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,278 members, 7,967,682 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 04:55 AM

Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival (11006 Views)

Celebrities At 5th Africa International Film Festival ,in Lekki Lagos / Reckless And Irresponsible Gulder Promo Image: Thumbs Down Gulder!! / If All The Guns In Action Movies Were Replaced With Thumbs-Ups... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by Nobody: 12:40am On Aug 16, 2009
No.

Nice observation. I'll check it and give you an answer.

However, her IP has been checked by various ppl and with the same results.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by sosisi(f): 12:41am On Aug 16, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

My own is authentic, osisi

BecomeRich is psychotic

about funmi or becomerich?
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:41am On Aug 16, 2009
Funmi and many others wink
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by Nobody: 12:42am On Aug 16, 2009
@c2h5oh

na u sabi. . . omo oshi grin
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by C2H5OH(f): 1:05am On Aug 16, 2009
jassie:

@c2h5oh

na u sabi. . . omo oshi grin
lol me and you today jessica.

i'm not surprised by your comment. you are a honorable idiot and a confirmed bastard. the sooner i find a way to keep you off those streets the better
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by THEAMAKA(f): 1:06am On Aug 16, 2009
i thought i was the only one who thought this.

didnt the name nollywood come from nigerian movies and hollywood put together?
why all these divisions? i can see why there arent many yorubas in NOLLYWOOD movies because they have decided to run off and do their own things.
im tired of all these divisions. its beautiful when i see people from all over starring in one movie.
its great!

why all this yorubawood and all this stupid "wood" talk.
leave am, make all the nollywood, yorubawood, and all the other woods in nigeria JOIN TOGETHER!!
thats what we need to do.

since shariah exist in a lot of areas in the north, are they going to ban kannywood? is it now illegal?
because i heard people cant watch tv (i heard but i dont know if thats true)
or is making movies in kannywood a sin?
im so confused.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by C2H5OH(f): 1:07am On Aug 16, 2009
run off? i wouldn't put it like that dude
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:08am On Aug 16, 2009
THE AMAKA:

why all these divisions? i can see why there arent many yorubas in NOLLYWOOD movies because they have decided to run off and do their own things.

You are obviously biased and know nothing about the history of Nigerian cinema
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by Nobody: 1:09am On Aug 16, 2009
Hollywood
Nollywood
Bollywood
Kannywood
Pakiwood

@AMAKA
I think you want to rethink about your next post
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by ezeagu(m): 1:12am On Aug 16, 2009
I agree with the poster, no, honestly I do, Yoruba film makers are by far more organised than the Igbo ones.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by oyinda3(f): 1:13am On Aug 16, 2009
ezeagu:

I agree with the poster, no, honestly I do, Yoruba film makers are by far more organised than the Igbo ones.

shocked shocked u watch yoruba films!?
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by ezeagu(m): 1:28am On Aug 16, 2009
oyinda.:

shocked shocked u watch yoruba films!?

You can't avoid them, grin.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by THEAMAKA(f): 1:31am On Aug 16, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

You are obviously biased and know nothing about the history of Nigerian cinema

this has nothing to do with being biased and knowing about nigerian cinema.

i think ALL of nigeria should forget their stupid wood and join as one!
how embaressing for people from around the world to see nigerians here arguing over this wood and that wood
not all indians speak the same language but yet they come together and do bollywood, right?
igbo, yoruba, edo, ijaw and everyone should just be one-NOLLYWOOD.

i believe nollywood came from nigerians movies and hollywood formed together right? or am i wrong?
this is NIGERIA so everyone should be a part of NOLLYWOOD.
i dont know whats up with the people running nollywood but they should make it a free for all.
we should be able to have a steady movie industry were ALL nigerians can boast about it.  smiley
i just want to end this maddness!!

why are the majority of nigeria's problems caused by tribalism?
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by Nobody: 1:33am On Aug 16, 2009
THE AMAKA:

i think ALL of nigeria should forget their stupid wood and join as one!
rotflmao. So oyu want it to be NollyPaper or NollyPlastic?
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:35am On Aug 16, 2009
Funny how she's spewing pretentious trash about coming together yet in HER mind she belives its the Yorubas that caused the division

abeg tell your friend to go and sit down please
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by THEAMAKA(f): 1:39am On Aug 16, 2009
who said i believe its yorubas that caused the division?

i said they are the ones that went and started their own wood, therefore its a WHOLE nother thing to deal with.

forget all tribal rubbish!

cant we all be NOLLYWOOD AGAIN?

nigerians love to divide and divide until the end. until they are dividing with their next door neighbor.

anyway why does it seem like nigeria is one of the only countries (im not saying its the only country) that cant seem to live peacefully with each other within the same borders?

look at ghana, i never hear any tribal rivalry and killings going on over there.
so many african countries can still maintain peace, but for nigeria it seems like it will never be possible.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:40am On Aug 16, 2009
THE AMAKA:

i said they are the ones that went and started their own wood, therefore its a WHOLE nother thing to deal with.

Provide proof or be quiet with your "One Love" noise
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by C2H5OH(f): 1:41am On Aug 16, 2009
THE AMAKA:

who said i believe its yorubas that caused the division?

well that's a more subtle way of saying they destroyed the unity and caused a division
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by THEAMAKA(f): 1:44am On Aug 16, 2009
see this is the problem with nigerians.
even when someone wants to speak of peace or one love, they start jumping and saying this that and the other to try and prove otherwise.

why all this fuss?

all these divisions, cant we just live peacefully?

man, im going to proclaim myself to be jamaican pretty soon.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:47am On Aug 16, 2009
Still waiting for the evidence
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by sosisi(f): 1:55am On Aug 16, 2009
The same people criticising nollywood are the same people that know the latest nollywood movies and their stars and latest bedmates
The people are smiling to the bank and you folks are here arguing.
@ the poster do whatever you wish,I doubt if the folks at 51 Iweka Road and 1/2 Ebinpejo lane are losing any sleep over your nairaland rants.
Usually when when people come out openly to boast of what they are about to do,  na all talk no action
like Prince Jegede shokoya,the grandson of Idi of Idi Araba,the only young millionaire in the universe,  that'll say so pounding his chest meanwhile he can't feed himself and the sound of small akpeno's voice makes him pee pee in his pants
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by AloyEmeka6: 2:00am On Aug 16, 2009
Yorubas did not start any wood. Theirs is a movie industry that has been there for ages. It's crippled mostly by funding and the limited audience they cater for is largely the Yoruba speaking audience. Nollywood may have originated from igbo movie industry but its no more an igbo affair yet these tribalists still believe its an igbo affair. Nollywood is way bigger than the kannywood and Yoruba movie industry yet they are plagued by the same Nigerian poverty factor. For you to make a movie in Nigeria, you have to assume all liabilities and risk your asset in the picture.  For Spielberg to make a movie, the fund is guaranteed, even if its a flop[which some of them are], they have insurance to that effect and the financiers are giant financial companies. Was it not last year that banks in Nigeria started financing Nollywood movies and even at that, they finance only 40% of the project while the producer will come up with the rest.

Will you sell your fathers property and risk the whole in a movie which will end up at the mercy of pirates both home and abroad?. Lagbaja fought these pirates when he released his last CD 3 years ago singlehandedly yet they ripped him off and if not for his monthly motherlan show, the expenditure for his work will be a total loss.

I read a constructive criticism devoid of tribalism on an editorial about Nollywood and why the should wake up because Hollywood entered Africa and made movies with their stories like Hotel Rwanda, Blood Diamond etc and that is what I call criticism and not Tunde kelani went for international show or Yoruba industry is better as if the Yoruba movie is the avant garde of African movies.  I do not argue with teenagers and that is what most of them here are. I've got something better to do with my time.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:04am On Aug 16, 2009
Funmi, shouldnt you be at work instead of ranting and raving?
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by chiogo(f): 2:04am On Aug 16, 2009
Hmm, na wa.

I agree nollywood movies suck, they're not what they used to be, reason I long stopped watching 'em.

yoruba movies are cool, used to watch the subtitled ones, too lazy these days. Besides I can barely get a hold of one.

Nollywood is not solely igbo as people make it seem though one might argue that there are more igbo actors/actresses. Well, maybe it's because the producers are mostly igbo. Or maybe yorubas prefer to be in yoruba movies. There are some in nollywood though: Omotola, the Jacobs couple, Ayo Adesanya, Yemi Blaq, Ramsey Noah, etc.

There are non-yoruba, non-igbo ones too: Ini Edo, Regina Askia, Kate Henshaw, etc. why does everything have to always be yoruba vs Igbo anyway? there are many ETHNIC GROUPS in Nigeria.  tongue

Hausa movies are cool too - see, I'm always for experimenting. The truth is Nollywood movies are more well-known. The Americans and other Africans I know who watch African movies only mention the nollywood ones.

Since it's Nollywood not Igbo-wood, why don't all the ethnic groups come together while still making the movies in their local tongues? This would show how diverse yet connected each group is. And expose Naija languages more. I want Igbo movies back for real. cheesy
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by novaman: 2:05am On Aug 16, 2009
This is my problem with my naija people, for God sakes we are one, there great yoruba and english films but the division is killing every to get to the top. Our founding father gufed in some very important aspect of our life, the only way we can solve this is to bring all heads together. Pls this fight is not helping lets find a way to be the best
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by AloyEmeka6: 2:07am On Aug 16, 2009
$osisi:

The same people criticising nollywood are the same people that know the latest nollywood movies and their stars and latest bedmates
The people are smiling to the bank and you folks are here arguing.
@ the poster do whatever you wish,I doubt if the folks at 51 Iweka Road and 1/2 Ebinpejo lane are losing any sleep over your nairaland rants.
Usually when when people come out openly to boast of what they are about to do,  na all talk no action
like Prince Jegede shokoya,the grandson of Idi of Idi Araba,the only young millionaire in the universe,  that'll say so  pounding his chest meanwhile he can't feed himself and the sound of small akpeno's voice makes him pee pee in his pants
These tribalists have accused igbos so much that they claim Yoruba movies don't sellmuch because igbos don't wanna sell Yoruba movies because they are tribalists. Same line of though BillyMuse used when he claims Igbos don't allow them to enter and trade in the market. Now you tell me which business person on earth that will not sell whatever is gonna give him/her profits?. If Yoruba movies start selling big tomorow, I bet you these igbo marketers will dump Igbo movies and invest their money there. Big names like Warren Buffet may be racists but they wouldn't show it because it is bad for business.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by sosisi(f): 2:07am On Aug 16, 2009
I 'm not a big fan of nollywood myself except Nkem Owoh and patience Ozokwor movies.
If they're selling trash and the people are buying trash what does that make the people?
lovers of trash.
I have never watched Yoruba movies,I've tried but movies with subtitles turn me off period
Even Igbo movies with Engilish subtitles I find very distractive
Aikemagbaru is on other threads listing how the yoruba trinbe was first in every thing and best at it compared to Igbos and here people are arguing about nollywood and Yoruwood.
Who cares?
if you don't like them don't patronize them.
period.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:07am On Aug 16, 2009
chiogo:

Since it's Nollywood not Igbo-wood, why don't all the ethnic groups come together while still making the movies in their local tongues? This would show how diverse yet connected each group is. And expose Naija languages more. I want Igbo movies back for real. cheesy

Agreed. They used to be very popular. Dont know why they stopped.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:09am On Aug 16, 2009
After Funmi is done sucking up to Igbos as Aloy-Emeka, she will then log in as Lamidi and bash them.

Lmao. talk about complete madness

Where's Tpia to put you in line
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by Nobody: 2:09am On Aug 16, 2009
You ppl are so annoying. Like SHUT IT UP!!!

This is not about tribes or w/e shit you guys want to dig up.

This is about the movies and movie industry.

English movies suck. . . . how does my opinion insinuate that I hate Igbo tribes?

I love yoruba movies. . . .How does that imply that I love yoruba tribes?

Noisemakers, quit shouting up and down about tribalism, division and what not. This is NOT about tribes, this is about the shit Nollywood produces to feed our eyes.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by THEAMAKA(f): 2:10am On Aug 16, 2009
chiogo:

Hmm, na wa.

I agree nollywood movies suck, they're not what they used to be, reason I long stopped watching 'em.

yoruba movies are cool, used to watch the subtitled ones, too lazy these days. Besides I can barely get a hold of one.

Nollywood is not solely igbo as people make it seem though one might argue that there are more igbo actors/actresses. Well, maybe it's because the producers are mostly igbo. Or maybe yorubas prefer to be in yoruba movies. There are some in nollywood though: Omotola, the Jacobs couple, Ayo Adesanya, Yemi Blaq, Ramsey Noah, etc.

There are non-yoruba, non-igbo ones too: Ini Edo, Regina Askia, Kate Henshaw, etc. why does everything have to always be yoruba vs Igbo anyway? there are many ETHNIC GROUPS in Nigeria.  tongue

Hausa movies are cool too - see, I'm always for experimenting. The truth is Nollywood movies are more well-known. The Americans and other Africans I know who watch African movies only mention the nollywood ones.

i was thinking the same thing. there are more igbos in nollywood movies but a lot of the actors/actresses in nollywood movies arent igbo either. they can be from the delta or yoruba or anything like that.
and maybe its true there are less yorubas in nollywood movies because they prefer to be in their own.
how do we know? unless we go up to each actor/actress and ask them face to face.

this is not igbo-wood this is nollywood. igbos are the majority but its not 100% of the people.
and maybe there are less yorubas in nollywood movies because they decided to act in their own movies and would probably rather do their own movies speaking in their native tongue.
we never know, so lets stop assuming tribalism is the issue here.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by sosisi(f): 2:11am On Aug 16, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

These tribalists have accused igbos so much that they claim Yoruba movies don't sellmuch because igbos don't wanna sell Yoruba movies because they are tribalists. Same line of though BillyMuse used when he claims Igbos don't allow them to enter and trade in the market. Now you tell me which business person on earth that will not sell whatever is gonna give him/her profits?. If Yoruba movies start selling big tomorow, I bet you these igbo marketers will dump Igbo movies and invest their money there. Big names like Warren Buffet may be racists but they wouldn't show it because it is bad for business.

They think the Igbo businessmen are all over nollywood because it's mainly an Igbo thing?
no way
they are there because it makes them money.
They couldn't be bothered what names were on it
They would change gear to whatever sells.
Every good business man does that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

MTN 'Project Fame' Audition In Ibadan (Pictures) / Nn 24 (new 24hours News Channel) / Profile Of Cyph, Bbnaija Season 7 Housemate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.