Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,342 members, 7,881,254 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:19 PM

Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron (30568 Views)

Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu / Orji Uzor-Kalu Hosts James Entwistle And Family At His Residence In Abuja. Photo / Nicole And Olivia Orji Uzor-Kalu's Birthday Party In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by magmack: 1:47am On May 12, 2016
Viktorlaw:
Do you know the meaning of a failed state? If you call Nigeria a failed state, what then is syria?

I just have to respond to u, though not in my usual character. The difference btw Nigeria or Afghanistan and Syria is TIME. Syria started earlier before us. Nigeria has 2 out of 10 deadliest terror group in d world; Boko Haram and Fulani Herdsmen (1 n 4th) respectively-according to global terror index 2015. Lack of basic infrastructures and corrupt officials (DSS,INEC,NA,NCS,NPF,NN,EFCC,CBN,NNPC to mention but a few) Poverty n economic hardship are widespread. Militia groups are springing up here n there. these indicators put Nigeria as d most dangerous place to do business since November 2015(according to d world bank). You don't wait for war or social revolution to identify a failed state or a potential one. There is a lot to be done, n ds govt needs to get serious with Nigeria's critical situation.

1 Like

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by magmack: 1:51am On May 12, 2016
Viktorlaw:
Do you know the meaning of a failed state? If you call Nigeria a failed state, what then is syria?

I just have to respond to u, though not in my usual character. The difference btw Nigeria or Afghanistan and Syria is TIME. Syria started earlier before us. Nigeria has 2 out of 10 deadliest terror group in d world; Boko Haram and Fulanyy Herdsmen (1 n 4th) respectively-according to global terror index 2015. Lack of basic infrastructures and corrupt officials (DSS,INEC,NA,NCS,NPF,NN,EFCC,CBN,NNPC to mention but a few). Poverty n economic hardship are widespread. Militia groups are springing up here n there. these indicators put Nigeria as d most dangerous place to do business in africa since November 2015(according to d world bank). You don't wait for war or social revolution to identify a failed state or a potential one. There is a lot to be done, n ds govt needs to get serious with Nigeria's critical situation.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by chaiks: 2:07am On May 12, 2016
Uzor should have kept quite because he was among those who kept this country like this through massive stealing. My headache is that after becoming stupendously rich, people will say at any attempt to try them, do you know the kingdom or rich background he came from? for Cameron to muster up courage to say so, means the level of stealing of which UK is a major dumping ground has reached unbearable proportion. Uzor did not even say whether the statement is true, he is only interested in diplomatic ethics. Who e Don help? There are certain things that shouldn't continue to happen know the ground of idealism. U see radical revolution in this country in the next few years.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by ngoziama: 2:16am On May 12, 2016
AmadiAba:
PRESS STATEMENT

My attention and that of the Nigerian public have been drawn to the recent statements made by the British Prime Minister, Mr. David Cameron in which he characterized Nigeria as a "fantastically corrupt country" during his briefing to Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth just before theanti corruption summit which was attended by President Muhammadu Buhari in London.

The statements of the British Prime Minister are most unfortunate and unguarded, given the relationship between the Nigeria and Britain, two countries who share very long and deep heritage; and especially as the British PM did not state the basis on which he made such assertion which has now become public. It is also a gross disrespect and a most uncharitable disposition to the Nigerian people who work hard to ear their living and who have made very positive impacts on the lives of British people and their economy. Also, such statements coming from the convener of the summit himself, just before the commencement, suggest that either he doesn't take the summit serious, or he is deceptive in terms of his commitment to the Nigerian government in the fight against corruption.

In the light of this, the British Prime Minister should render an immediate and unreserved apology to the Nigerian people and to President Buhari for those embarrassing comments. As a responsible government and former colonists of Nigeria, my advise is that Britain should handle this matter with the required level of responsibility and prudence so as to avoid a possible breakdown of diplomatic relations between the two countries.

Orji Uzor Kalu

Source : http://www.igberetvnews.com/12027

Rubbish I say lubbish.look the cockastically corrupt talking.orji ga duma odu.go and sleep.when buhari called you criminal, were you sleeping? Cameron only changed buharis style.of course I call britain an accomplice to corruption because they welcome the corrupt in their country but orji biko please olo, ga duma odu.espeaklekwe ozo.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by Nobody: 2:30am On May 12, 2016
#IStandWithCameron

#NigeriaIsAFantasticallyCorruptCountry
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by Nobody: 3:34am On May 12, 2016
YOU only apologise if you are lying..is David lying?
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by kabanayol9(m): 4:21am On May 12, 2016
Apologies my foot He was only saying the truth about Nigeria A country where one person earns the salary of 300million people. Orji Kalu no begin dey form there, you are free from it too Selfish sets of Bokoharamic nation....
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by Nobody: 5:28am On May 12, 2016
One of the alleged crooks condemning David. Nigeria is indeed a "fantastically corrupt" country.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by Diovinci: 5:47am On May 12, 2016
AmadiAba:
PRESS STATEMENT

My attention and that of the Nigerian public have been drawn to the recent statements made by the British Prime Minister, Mr. David Cameron in which he characterized Nigeria as a "fantastically corrupt country" during his briefing to Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth just before theanti corruption summit which was attended by President Muhammadu Buhari in London.

The statements of the British Prime Minister are most unfortunate and unguarded, given the relationship between the Nigeria and Britain, two countries who share very long and deep heritage; and especially as the British PM did not state the basis on which he made such assertion which has now become public. It is also a gross disrespect and a most uncharitable disposition to the Nigerian people who work hard to ear their living and who have made very positive impacts on the lives of British people and their economy. Also, such statements coming from the convener of the summit himself, just before the commencement, suggest that either he doesn't take the summit serious, or he is deceptive in terms of his commitment to the Nigerian government in the fight against corruption.

In the light of this, the British Prime Minister should render an immediate and unreserved apology to the Nigerian people and to President Buhari for those embarrassing comments. As a responsible government and former colonists of Nigeria, my advise is that Britain should handle this matter with the required level of responsibility and prudence so as to avoid a possible breakdown of diplomatic relations between the two countries.

Orji Uzor Kalu

Source : http://www.igberetvnews.com/12027

When we talk about corrupted leaders this man up here Orji Uzo. Kamalu is supposed to be in jail but look@him hypocritically analysing
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by Nobody: 6:27am On May 12, 2016
What is the difference,when Buhari himself has been saying it all these while on international T.Vs or this fantastically corrupt ex governor wants to patronize the fantastically corrupt President.( EFCC case exhumed)-

It's only your view because The Nigerian public shares the view of the British Prime Minister-
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by butanep(m): 6:31am On May 12, 2016
David camerom even said it in a better way. He used the word "Fantastically".

Nigeria is gruesomely corrupt.

Nigeria is abruptly corrupt.

Nigeria is badly corrupt.

I don't see any reason why the presidency and some Nigerians are angry over the obvious and bitter truth.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by menxer: 6:31am On May 12, 2016
Has Fayose made any statement on this issue yet?
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by Amajerry83(m): 6:47am On May 12, 2016
People dey condem the speech like say na lie. Na truth the man talk.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by viki84(m): 6:58am On May 12, 2016
That's the effect of taking Tramadol before briefing
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by Cityguy: 7:24am On May 12, 2016
subtle009:
Who the apology help? Then fayose has a lot of apology to write then. It's just the plain truth Nigeria is "fantastically corrupt"
I tire oo. Are we not corrupt? What is the president fighting if not corruption according to the APC government? Why are we this hypocritical? Is it because it came from Cameron? So our epilepsy should be called eczema? When the likes of Kalu were ferrying our money to those countries, what were they thinking? Funny people.

1 Like

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by Gkay1(m): 7:29am On May 12, 2016
not all Nigerians are corrupt but 80percent of Nigerian s are corrupt
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by kareemkamil(m): 7:46am On May 12, 2016
To be realistic, is Nigeria not corrupt, we thank the Mr. President, who is claiming corruption must flush out in this country, Urji Uzor Kalu or whatever they call u, are not among them. May almighty God make life miserable to people that stake this country set back.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by Nobody: 8:18am On May 12, 2016
bastardfrank:

Lolzzz. No be only David Camera, its David video.

Infact ehn!

No be small Camera ooooo!!!

I tire for some people
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by eddyslim(m): 8:55am On May 12, 2016
[quote

undecided undecided

did you ask for apology when buhari said that nigerians are criminals ?
undecided undecided

[/b][/i][/quote]Ask them oh
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by Viktorlaw(m): 9:14am On May 12, 2016
magmack:

I just have to respond to u, though not in my usual character. The difference btw Nigeria or Afghanistan and Syria is TIME. Syria started earlier before us. Nigeria has 2 out of 10 deadliest terror group in d world; Boko Haram and Fulanyy Herdsmen (1 n 4th) respectively-according to global terror index 2015. Lack of basic infrastructures and corrupt officials (DSS,INEC,NA,NCS,NPF,NN,EFCC,CBN,NNPC to mention but a few). Poverty n economic hardship are widespread. Militia groups are springing up here n there. these indicators put Nigeria as d most dangerous place to do business in africa since November 2015(according to d world bank). You don't wait for war or social revolution to identify a failed state or a potential one. There is a lot to be done, n ds govt needs to get serious with Nigeria's critical situation.
if you say a potential one that I can agree , and this is attributed to past reckless leaders , I must tell u nigeria is not a failed state and it will never be. Amen
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by Midastorch(m): 9:26am On May 12, 2016
The epistle coming from one of the most corrupt individualsin the country...that's ludicrous
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by Alekkz(m): 4:15am On May 13, 2016
Cameron bin talk
true nah
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by hush15: 8:59am On May 13, 2016
Adekorya:

Why can't you people do away with all this Buhari put this in their mouth.

Nobody need to tell our counterpart before they feel this nation high level of corruption, Abacha loot that was returned to us by Switzerland government is no where to b found, AIDS fund we used to received from other country was embezzed which bring about lacuna in accountability , we also have many foreign investors/construction company in this country who are going back to their parent country to tell their people about how corrupt our system is.

Don't Also forget they has ambassador in this country that know in and out of what is going on here.

You don't understand then,

Nobody isn't saying corruption isn't entrenched in our system. Everybody knows it is bad and Cameron may be spot on in his comment to the queen and personally I don't blame him but what knows is for his own personal consumption not for him to put such thought is the public space. Is the UK clean intself, no. UK is one of the most racist nation in the world but does it give right to any leader of any nation to put that in public space?

However, I blame the president for many unguarded comments in time past as regards his own that could summon such effrontery from the prime minister to publicly say Nigeria is fantastically corrupt. When you are trying to repair something, you don't keep talking that thing down cos whatever repair you done will be overshadowed by your comments. That's how powerful words are. It is not something to be proud of, in fact it's deep insult to the country as it bothers on both those that are engaging in corrupt practices and those that are not. Not everybody is corrupt and refused be collectively be termed as one. Even God told Abraham that if I would find 10 persons in Sodom and Gomorrah, he would save the nation and not destroy it. There are more a million people in Nigeria that isn't corrupt, nobody has the right to condemn us a fantastically corrupt country.

More so, even if Cameron even say so, how does admitting it help. That we are human and a few set of people behaved like goats, does it mean everybody is a goat or by accepting they are goats implied that they are no longer human beings!

If Buhari keep calling his family goats, why won't someone from nowhere come and join him to refer to his families as goats, even more is how does that help his family but is he not further destroying his family cos of the perception he is giving to the outside world?

Abeg, let's be rational in our thoughts.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adesina: Obasanjo Contributed To Nigeria’s Crisis, Should Mind His Utterances / Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) / Things Nigerians May Not Know About Vp-elect Osinbajo, By Justice Umezulike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.