Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,411 members, 7,950,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 05:23 AM

Fuel Increase: Nigerians Lament On Twitter - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Increase: Nigerians Lament On Twitter (43151 Views)

Nigerians Lament During The 2017 Xmas Holiday Due To Fuel Scarcity & More / Nigerians Share Before-and-after Photos Of Buhari, Lament Frail Looks / Recesion: We’re Dying, Nigerians Lament - VANGUARD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Increase: Nigerians Lament On Twitter by rumaabk(m): 12:29pm On May 12, 2016
vicdom:
where is Bakare
where is Tinubu
where is NLC
where is Falana They have all spontaneously become mute only because its not GEJ-led adminstration..... the height of hypocrisy of APC minions stinks!!!

Pls include Malam Nasiru (Dan small) El- rufa'i.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Increase: Nigerians Lament On Twitter by Aremson14(m): 12:50pm On May 12, 2016
1)During gejs time the economy was far more better than this
2)During gejs time fuel prices were still 74$ per barrel there is a difference between then and now
Re: Fuel Increase: Nigerians Lament On Twitter by jpphilips(m): 3:04pm On May 12, 2016
P0intBlank:

What you just said gives credence to my point. This was the same thing GEJ tried to do and he was criticised by d APC. With d APC in power, they can clearly see that it was the way to go. So with the aid of hindsight, I can infer Gej was right and the opposition was wrong.

The emphasis here is 'look'. Last year, the generally feeling was anybody but Jonathan. I heard people say, "surely it couldn't be worse than this." However, the events of the last 12 months have made a lot of people reminisce on the GEJ era with feelings of nostalgia. They are beginning to think maybe he wasn't that bad.

As I write, I don't know of any campaign promise that has been kept. It's been denials and more denials. They were same ones that claimed that with the falling oil prices, PMS should be cheaper. We voted in Buhari to get positive change. Yet, the people are not even complaining that the country is not better but that he's made it worse than he met it. The longer it goes on the more it makes Gej look like a saint.

You must be a child in 2012 to compare the events of 2012 with that of 2016.
Most sane people opposed subsidy removal in 2012 because the money was funding the inefficiencies of the govt against the true purpose of what the subsidy should be.

The situation today was necessitated by sabotage and I saw it coming, how can you Juxtapose both?
In 2012, oil sold above $100/bbl the govt paid vessels to supply crude to the refineries, they paid marketers to transport products round the country against fixing existing depots, they could hardly maintain their storage facilities, there was round tripping of our OPA crude oil and refined products. etc.
The govt at the time opted to pass the cost of all those inefficiencies to the people and sane people regected it wholely.

Fast forward to date, crude price has fallen below budgetary benchmark, even at that, Kachikwu fixed the refinery feedstock line twice in the last 6months.
The refineries were supposed to provide 40% of our consumption while the existing 60% will be sourced from the OPA now DSDP.

The militants bombed off the feedstock lines, grounded production that the govt was forced to return the marketers because they clearly lack the capacity to supply 100%
By bombing export lines our OPA was destroyed so NNPC has zero capacity to provide petroleum products for Nigerians.

Now for the marketers to import, they need forex to do that, where will CBN source forex from when they have bombed everything?
The minister has asked marketers to source forex from the secondary market that will attract a forex differential that the FG can not even afford to pay hence the subsidy withdrawal.

The FG is helpless in this case unlike the previous govt that lacked the sincerity to do the right thing.
Stop comparing apple with Oranges.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Increase: Nigerians Lament On Twitter by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 12, 2016
Sydney22:
GEJ be like tongue tongue tongue grin grin

Yes we have and it's better than what you provided.
Re: Fuel Increase: Nigerians Lament On Twitter by jpphilips(m): 3:44pm On May 12, 2016
Richydos:

Can u swear to whatever you believe in dt U have made any sense with dis shit coming outta ur I.Q........just point 1 single good thing this administration can be noted 4....from a nation running without ministers for over 6 months while d likes of Amaechi n Co were appointed, the inconclusive elections dt were marred with untold violence,d padded budget dt has kept d country stagnant, the skyrocketing increment in almost everything except income, sometime ago I watched d minister of Finance saying dis GOVT has been saving some good amount of money which she herself has no idea what d amount is N dt d govt will be borrowing to fund d budget N dt got me thinking "how can u saving money n be borrowing at d same time" MADNESS.... THEY HAVE BEEN CHASING CORRUPTION DT THEY SAY BUT WHO HAS BEEN CAUGHT....... Cameron may not really be wrong when he said Nigeria is fantastically..hmmmmm u all know d rest

You are just a child who is not old enough to read the dailies, try cartoons.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Increase: Nigerians Lament On Twitter by Richydos(m): 3:48pm On May 12, 2016
jpphilips:

You are just a child who is not old enough to read the dailies, try cartoons.
Lolzzzz.... Hmmmmm nice 1 but u just exposed ur dumb brain since u can't point out any correction from my assertion but choose to speak like a comedian.... I'll take your words for comic relief #you are welcome to make me laff d more
Re: Fuel Increase: Nigerians Lament On Twitter by kaka74: 7:35pm On May 12, 2016
AprokoNaija:

No need to be this better!

Seriously, some of us were too innocent to see and think outside the box in 2012. We were only made to see what they wanted us to see but i repeat "now we see clearly." We were made to see the negatives in the removal of fuel subsidy and it it so unfortunate that the same set of people working against the then government are now the same people agitating for the total removal of subsidy. One thing that is certain, Nigeria will survive this time!

I never supported it b/4 in 2012 nd I won't support it now I knw how much I spend to power my machines to work but if u see clearly now becos pmb is in power I wish well but u guys should no dat God nd allah is not a hypocrite he judges by ur actions from what I saw yesterday most of u like omojuwa nd co Jonathan would even enter heaven b/4 many of u cos u pple re simply driven by hatred #how did I end up in d same country with such wicked pple ?
Re: Fuel Increase: Nigerians Lament On Twitter by somadinho10: 9:56pm On May 12, 2016
GossipGirl1:
this comment got me laufing
sisi I talk my mind out of annoyance
Re: Fuel Increase: Nigerians Lament On Twitter by PrinceMario(m): 11:22pm On May 12, 2016
jpphilips:

Most sane people opposed subsidy removal in 2012 because the money was funding the inefficiencies of the govt against the true purpose of what the subsidy should be.

The situation today was necessitated by sabotage and I saw it coming, how can you Juxtapose both?
In 2012, oil sold above $100/bbl the govt paid vessels to supply crude to the refineries, they paid marketers to transport products round the country against fixing existing depots, they could hardly maintain their storage facilities, there was round tripping of our OPA crude oil and refined products. etc.
The govt at the time opted to pass the cost of all those inefficiencies to the people and sane people regected it wholely.

Fast forward to date, crude price has fallen below budgetary benchmark, even at that, Kachikwu fixed the refinery feedstock line twice in the last 6months.
The refineries were supposed to provide 40% of our consumption while the existing 60% will be sourced from the OPA now DSDP.

The militants bombed off the feedstock lines, grounded production that the govt was forced to return the marketers because they clearly lack the capacity to supply 100%
By bombing export lines our OPA was destroyed so NNPC has zero capacity to provide petroleum products for Nigerians.

Now for the marketers to import, they need forex to do that, where will CBN source forex from when they have bombed everything?
The minister has asked marketers to source forex from the secondary market that will attract a forex differential that the FG can not even afford to pay hence the subsidy withdrawal.

The FG is helpless in this case unlike the previous govt that lacked the sincerity to do the right thing.
Thank you for this sir, I had been indifferent and have been eagerly anticipating just a post from you concerning the deregulation since the announcement has been made. I greatly admire you sir. I don't know if you check PM?
Re: Fuel Increase: Nigerians Lament On Twitter by SonOfEl(m): 11:23pm On May 12, 2016
jpphilips:

Story story.....story
Re: Fuel Increase: Nigerians Lament On Twitter by jpphilips(m): 6:01pm On May 13, 2016
Richydos:

Lolzzzz.... Hmmmmm nice 1 but u just exposed ur dumb brain since u can't point out any correction from my assertion but choose to speak like a comedian.... I'll take your words for comic relief #you are welcome to make me laff d more

You will correct yourself when you grow up, it is not upto me to do that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bianca Ojukwu Stuns In Red And Black In Monaco(photos) / Akin Alabi Joins Politics / Innoson To Deliver Bullet-Proof Car To Ben-bruce In 90 Days(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.