Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,273 members, 7,974,248 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 07:08 PM

What Now Happens To The Allocation For Subsidy In The Budget? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Now Happens To The Allocation For Subsidy In The Budget? (925 Views)

MD Faints In Court After Conviction For Subsidy Scam / Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. / Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Now Happens To The Allocation For Subsidy In The Budget? by philosopy: 10:17am On May 12, 2016
Please help to clarify this, Accountants ,Financial analysts and Legal in the house:

Could this budget have been prepared without including allocation for subsidies for fuel?

The budget has just been signed to law, was there no initial cash allocation for fuel subsidy in the budget for the period of the budget?

Or allocation in anyway for helping the marketers, NNPC , DPR etc on fuel and fuel subsidy, no allocation whatsoever?

If yes, that there was a kind of allocation, what will become of such allocations now that subsidy has been removed?

And since the budget has been signed to law as-is, any deviation from the budget could be looked at as misappropriation.

Secondly,

Could this sudden change have been FG bulging under the power of the petroleum marketer and FGs inability to maintain a universal 86Naira pump price nation wide?
Re: What Now Happens To The Allocation For Subsidy In The Budget? by jazinogold(m): 10:19am On May 12, 2016
angry
Re: What Now Happens To The Allocation For Subsidy In The Budget? by TippyTop(m): 10:20am On May 12, 2016
Fantastically corrupt Buhari is not stupid after all grin
Re: What Now Happens To The Allocation For Subsidy In The Budget? by pacino26(m): 10:21am On May 12, 2016
Nice question. Another question should be was there even a plan to remove subsidy in the first place? I think the APC led govt wakes up to make policies and statements without back up plans.

Logical answer is that already the budget is taking a nose dive to deficit courtesy of NDA.

Ask what becomes of the #47 per liter from pms that govt stands to make with the removal of subsidy?
Re: What Now Happens To The Allocation For Subsidy In The Budget? by Nobody: 11:12am On May 12, 2016
Na the inflation way go accompany the subsidy removal without salary increment děý pain me.
Re: What Now Happens To The Allocation For Subsidy In The Budget? by Yujin(m): 12:32pm On May 12, 2016
Lol. The hypocrites will never talk because they fear their God- buhari. Shuffering and shmilling! All my predictions about this Nigeria will come to pass. She will collapse under the weight of her numerous crimes. Just a word to the innocent people caught up in Nigeria's punishment. God will make a way of escape for you people.
Re: What Now Happens To The Allocation For Subsidy In The Budget? by CACAWA(m): 12:41pm On May 12, 2016
was there any subsidy in the budget?
Re: What Now Happens To The Allocation For Subsidy In The Budget? by chinchum(m): 12:42pm On May 12, 2016
No subsidy allocation in the budget.

3 Likes

Re: What Now Happens To The Allocation For Subsidy In The Budget? by Standing5(m): 12:44pm On May 12, 2016
Congress of hateful n spiteful losers . . . You guy can self-service with engine oil on this subsidy matter all you want.

1 Like

Re: What Now Happens To The Allocation For Subsidy In The Budget? by OlujobaSamuel: 12:53pm On May 12, 2016
there wasn't subsidy appropriation in the budget, a report(Sahara reporters or vanguard) carried it then, but people were to preoccupied with slandering anything budget with jest or unnecessary criticism that made them blind to what could have been discussed and sorted out. Even the foolish nlc no question the budget details, na to come dey form now, God knows their address.

1 Like

Re: What Now Happens To The Allocation For Subsidy In The Budget? by NavierStokes(m): 1:01pm On May 12, 2016
pacino26:
Nice question. Another question should be was there even a plan to remove subsidy in the first place? I think the APC led govt wakes up to make policies and statements without back up plans.

Logical answer is that already the budget is taking a nose dive to deficit courtesy of NDA.

Ask what becomes of the #47 per liter from pms that govt stands to make with the removal of subsidy?

The budget is not nosediving to deficit, it has always been in deficit. Moreover the losses from the avengers will pale out in comparison to the losses from the non oil revenues, FIRS and customs are to generate.
Capital controls and wrong policies resulting from this government's ineptitude has stifled the economy far more than anything the NDA will achieve. Truth is the government in power are economic terrorists.

Not to say I am pleased with whatever the NDA is doing but truth be told, Nothing causes Nothing.
Re: What Now Happens To The Allocation For Subsidy In The Budget? by oshe11: 1:41pm On May 12, 2016
in Buhari/kachikwu's voice-If U Ask Me........

Na Who I go Ask?
Re: What Now Happens To The Allocation For Subsidy In The Budget? by bettercreature(m): 1:44pm On May 12, 2016
I'm just thinking about how to cope with this deadly inflation
Re: What Now Happens To The Allocation For Subsidy In The Budget? by pacino26(m): 3:05pm On May 12, 2016
NavierStokes:

The budget is not nosediving to deficit, it has always been in deficit. Moreover the losses from the avengers will pale out in comparison to the losses from the non oil revenues, FIRS and customs are to generate.
Capital controls and wrong policies resulting from this government's ineptitude has stifled the economy far more than anything the NDA will achieve. Truth is the government in power are economic terrorists.

Not to say I am pleased with whatever the NDA is doing but truth be told, Nothing causes Nothing.

My question remains; where did we(YOUTHS) go wrong? We read our books, remained loyal and obedient. Hoped and worked out nice plans in our head. Where did we go wrong?

1 Like

Re: What Now Happens To The Allocation For Subsidy In The Budget? by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 12, 2016
I listened to special adviser to the president on national assembly matters.......he said it wasn't in d budget........so if it will b returned, that means a supplementary budget that will capture it will need to b submitted to the national assembly............

but in my own opinion removing it is the best thing that will happen to oil sector

But Nigerians are complaining cause of the hardship already on ground now coupled with the accompanying hardship that will follow the removal

But believe me that some of those against it, don't know what subsidy is all about, cause and effect that was even the case during the time of jonathan that resulted to the wild protest, so everybody is complaining because of the hardship

Subsidy removal is Good but the timing maybe wrong
Re: What Now Happens To The Allocation For Subsidy In The Budget? by philosopy: 8:02pm On May 12, 2016
This is a trying time fot those people with V8 engines... grin grin

my brother..see fuel consuption.

just buy yourvown filling station. grin

(1) (Reply)

Wike Obtained N10bn Loan To Watch UCL Final In Milan - APC / Niger Delta Avengers Deny Negotiations With FG, Blows Up Chevron Well. / Buhari Is Cleared To Return Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.